Mark Speight Dead?

The-Cornish-Cracker

The-Cornish-Cracker

BBC News

I really hope its not him but with the death of his fiancee not long ago I should imagine he didn't want to be alive much longer.

I used to love watching SMart as a kid, for those who don't know what SMart was, its a TV show on British Television about making art and showing kids how to make things etc.

sad.gif

The Unvirginiser

Was he found in Padington Station?

Boy had some issues

Poor bloke, imagine what his family is going through

At least he is with his bird now

I used to love watching SMart as a kid

Same here.

Wasn't he accused of drug use and the murder of his fiancee earlier this year?

Shame to lose him. sad.gif

Davo the Assassin

SMart was pretty amazing. Thats a real shame he is gone sad.gif.

But as they said, I guess it could have been seen coming.

SMart was epic when i was growing up. I've been amazed over the past few years to turn the TV on and find a new series of it on after school. Been running since 1995 i think, and still mad popular with the kids.

I think this is the first person who i've grown up watching on TV die on me, and i for sure wasnt expecting it to be Mark sad.gif

kippers.png

Christ, I read about a week ago about him going missing and thought summin like this would happen. Poor guy, he really did take the death hard.

Mad what love+drugs can do to a man eh?

Matriculated

I actually met him once.

Me and a friend went to the "CBBC Big Bash" a few years ago and bumped into him. We got some autographs and then met Katie Hill who gave me a Live & Kicking t-shirt.

It's all the more saddening when you actually remember sitting watching SMart, etc.. Shame.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

I didn't hear of his problems before, this is a real shock.

He was a brilliant presenter, always managed to make stuff interesting, even if it wasn't. SMart was great, even better than Art Attack.

A real legend of children's TV.

R.I.P Mark.

in5dJdX.png

I remember SMart i think. It was on once a week in the morning at a time. I don't remember much about it, but i know i loved it.

jqmqKlq.gif

He always seemed so happy and he is the last person I would have suspected to take drugs, murder or commit suicide. Not that he has done all three.

Adam Jensen

I never heard of him but thats very sad sad.gif

sh*t man SMart was awesome, I learnt a few awesome tricks off there.

SMart sucked Art Attack was better, but its a shame Mark had to do this to himself.

SMart and Art attack consumed a lot of my childhood, and really helped me become pretty good at the stuff. Tis a true shame indeed, maybe he was partly guilty for his fiance's death, and couldn't take the guilt?

Either way it's a great loss.

Gutted, i always used to watch smart. I thought he was still a suspect actually with the death of his Gf (who i remember from that kids program where she dressed as a jester or something) i didnt realise he had been cleared.

Apparantly he was hanging in the roof of Paddington station dontgetit.gif

user posted image

JonnyVercetti

I used to love SMart.

sh*t...the last time I saw SMart on T.V was a long time ago...my mate was round and I said to my friend, that Mark acts like a complete twat. ...I REGRET IT! cryani.gif

(who i remember from that kids program where she dressed as a jester or something)

It was called 'See It Saw It' Awesome show, i'd completely forgotten Mark is in that as well.

Hanging from the roof of Paddington Station. THat's horrible cry.gif And the fact that he may have been hanging there for several days with no one noticing him, as people walked right past him becuase it was a rarely visited spot, just makes it even more tragic.

sad.gif

kippers.png

Just the thought of the depression he was going through is tragic, in the recent photos you can just see the pain.

Yeah, he killed himself doing this

Edited by Waddy
Tell me if you wanna sell something. Or else...

The Unvirginiser

He certainly went off the rails

hawkstorm182
Even though after I found out he was missing I knew there would be only one outcome but the announcement of his death was tragic, I was really upset having watched Mark for may years on various shows it is a great loss, Apparently he killed himself at Paddington because it reminded him of taking trips to the west country with Natasha as that is the station they would often travel from. R.I.P Mark, Sweet Dreams. sad.gif Edited by hawkstorm182

I used to love watching SMart as a kid, for those who don't know what SMart was, its a TV show on British Television about making art and showing kids how to make things etc.

sad.gif

I know man, and I too and actually quite upset with this. From watching him on SMart, He seemed like such a great man. I'm quite shocked. cryani.gif

Rest In Peace, Mark Speight.

d653p.png

SMart was a quality show, always used to watch that after school. He was an awesome artist aswell.

It's a real damn shame his life has gone tits up, after him going missing for 5 days i had an inkling he would of committed suicide or something.

sad.gif

s0h607k.jpg

Was quite shocked and saddened to hear about the coke use and his gf dying, was really shocked though to hear about him hanging himself. A great loss...