Unarmed combat

Fidelitas

Who else wants there to be unarmed combat more complicated than only the punches and kicks? It'd be great if Niko could do sweeps, throws, elbows and combos, gundisarms etc..

It has been confirmed that the fighting system is new, and much more dynamic. Niko knows special martial arts.

Dolemite500

This is Niko's fighting style during the game, so it is reasonable to expect that a lot of it will be similar.

Hopefully, hand to hand combat in previous games felt stale. I wish we could preform CQC moves.

doa kappatango

This is Niko's fighting style during the game, so it is reasonable to expect that a lot of it will be similar.

My ears are still bleeding from the music in that vid.....

I hope unarmed combat is the most deadly type of fighting in the game. I mean really, if you get shot at - you would have to be really good to sprint and get close to them. Here is hoping it does not take 1 million punches to drop a guy. (Cough*ViceCityandSanAndreas*Cough)

Yeah. And it would be cool if you could do wristlocks and such, and then decide to keep them in it rather than breaking their wrist if you'd want.

UndergroundKing
Who else wants there to be unarmed combat more complicated than only the punches and kicks? It'd be great if Niko could do sweeps, throws, elbows and combos, gundisarms etc..

I sure as hell do. I looked at the button configurations in the fact sheet and didnt see any way you can grab, throw elbows or knees. I think you'll be able to disarm with a counter button but I rather be able to grab at any time not just off of a counter. Sounds like its gonna be something like Pirates of the Caribean with the counters and all. I wouldve liked to see it like this:

X/square = L Punch

Y/triangle = R Punch

A/X = L Low Kick

B/Circle = R High Kick

L Trigger = Block (with all the buttons becoming counters with punches, elbows and throws)

R Trigger = Grab (with all the buttons becoming grapple moves, knees or takedowns for a ground and pound type finish)

Oh well. I'll certainly make the most out what we were given. Should still be fun.

dodgeviper500

hopefully Niko can do a roundhouse kick, but he would have to learn from chuck norris first of course

I sure as hell do. I looked at the button configurations in the fact sheet and didnt see any way you can grab, throw elbows or knees. I think you'll be able to disarm with a counter button but I rather be able to grab at any time not just off of a counter. Sounds like its gonna be something like Pirates of the Caribean with the counters and all. I wouldve liked to see it like this:

X/square = L Punch

Y/triangle = R Punch

A/X = L Low Kick

B/Circle = R High Kick

L Trigger = Block (with all the buttons becoming counters with punches, elbows and throws)

R Trigger = Grab (with all the buttons becoming grapple moves, knees or takedowns for a ground and pound type finish)

Oh well. I'll certainly make the most out what we were given. Should still be fun.

Exactly. Counters like in Assassin's Creed, but only unarmed would be cool. And grabbing, where you could decide what to do.

More to the point....I want there to be a place in the game where Niko can take part in tournament events. Similar in the way to the arena off of Oblivion.

More to the point....I want there to be a place in the game where Niko can take part in tournament events. Similar in the way to the arena off of Oblivion.

But its not an RPG like Oblivion...

But its not an RPG like Oblivion...

I know its not an RPG, just an example of going somewhere to take part in a martial arts tournament, or maybe some kind of illegal seedy minigame where you take part in fights down a back alley for money.

Nah, fighting tournaments wouldn't be good.. there are whole games dedicated to that sh*t, and not many of them are good. Point being, they couldn't include proper tournament mode in GTA IV with everything they're already doing..

So Niko IS Jewish!

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

So Niko IS Jewish!

You're jewish

So Niko IS Jewish!

He'll be very good at getting money then.