fuel in cars

RIZZEL444

I was wondering seeing that gta IV is going to be more of a realistic game will the fuel in cars run low and in the end run out unless you go to a gas station and refill and if you dont and the police are chasing you the car just conks out and you have to make your way on foot or by jacking another car just thought it would be cool if it did. let me know what you other guys think cuz i have'nt seen this mentioned before cheers

Gourangalol

Petrol stations are in game, just watch trailer 2, he drives a car into the pumps and they go boom, there is no fueling cars though. Was in Mafia and was quite cool.

I think Dan Houser said, "No fuel/gas station for the player, you'll waste time and it's not fun" they scratched that idea.

dan houser also said he wanted to make the game as realistic as possible and filling up cars is an every day thing would be a let down if ya cant but maybe they are saving that for the next gta

Stupid Idea, and it's not in the game, thank god.

You ain't gonna drive the same car for 10 hours until you run out of fuel.

And once you drive in real life, you're happy that you don't have to fill up the car in a game too, it's bothering enough in real life with such high gas prices.

MaxxxDamage

Some of the things on the forum remind me of an something George Carlin said:

Think of how stupid the average person is and then realize that half of them are stupider than that.

And it doesn't take you very long to spot one of them does it? Take you about eight seconds.

You'll be listening to some guy...you say..."this guy is f*cking stupid!"

Then...then there are some people, their not stupid...their full of sh*t. Huh?

That doesn't take very long to spot either, does it? Take you about the same amount of time.

You'll be listening to some guy..and saying, "well, he's fairly intelligent......ahht, he's full of sh*t!"

what about other cars that you jack they been driving about using up fuel so every time you pinch a car the fuel will always be a different level i thought it wud b a good feature guess not icon13.gif

what about other cars that you jack they been driving about using up fuel so every time you pinch a car the fuel will always be a different level i thought it wud b a good feature guess not icon13.gif

It is a nice idea, but come on... you drive your car for a very long time and you do something and get 2 or 3 stars. And you want to flee the radius with that car but wait you're running outta gas, you think the police will stop shooting when you say "Sorry mate, i gotta fuel up" (ok you can take another car) but i'm just saying... weird

MaxxxDamage

what about other cars that you jack they been driving about using up fuel so every time you pinch a car the fuel will always be a different level i thought it wud b a good feature guess not  icon13.gif

I refer you to the post above yours...

what about other cars that you jack they been driving about using up fuel so every time you pinch a car the fuel will always be a different level i thought it wud b a good feature guess not  icon13.gif

It is a nice idea, but come on... you drive your car for a very long time and you do something and get 2 or 3 stars. And you want to flee the radius with that car but wait you're running outta gas, you think the police will stop shooting when you say "Sorry mate, i gotta fuel up" (ok you can take another car) but i'm just saying... weird

but it would be some thing that would happen in real life but also the police will be using up fuel 2 just something that would make the game more realistic

MaxxxDamage

but it would be some thing that would happen in real life but also the police will be using up fuel 2 just something that would make the game more realistic

if this game was realistic the first time you got caugt for killing someone you would go away on murder one for life...

gee that would fun!!

Yeah go on R*, stick it in. Also put in 1 hit kills and cracked sidewalks you trip over if you're not looking at the floor while you walk.

if this game was realistic the first time you got caugt for killing someone you would go away on murder one for life...

gee that would fun!!

true i get what ya mean about that

Generic thread #73 about fuel in cars.

Generic answer #73: No. You silly thing. No fuel.

UndergroundKing

Yeah go on R*, stick it in. Also put in 1 hit kills and cracked sidewalks you trip over if you're not looking at the floor while you walk.

Actually 1 hit kills ARE in. You forgot about head shots? and I dont know about tripping on cracks in the sidewalks but the characters will react to the difference in terrain, steps, etc. wink.gif

and for those who keep saying the same pathetic "it'll be stupid if cars run out of gas during a mission" line make no damn sense. 1st, why cant you fill up BEFORE missions? 2nd, you do know that when cars are banged up enuf in car chases they will stall out right? Whats the damn difference?

Also, RIZZEL444 had a good point. Cars with low gas could be like a "haha thats what you get for stealing" kinda thing when jacking cars.

Edited by UndergroundKing

Actually 1 hit kills ARE in. You forgot about head shots? and I dont know about tripping on cracks in the sidewalks but the characters will react to the difference in terrain, steps, etc. wink.gif

and for those who keep saying the same pathetic "it'll be stupid if cars run out of gas during a mission" line make no damn sense. 1st, why cant you fill up BEFORE missions? 2nd, you do know that when cars are banged up enuf in car chases they will stall out right? Whats the damn difference?

Also, RIZZEL444 had a good point. Cars with low gas could be like a "haha thats what you get for stealing" kinda thing when jacking cars.

Thanks mate for your views and actually agree with me your the first person to do so i think or there might have been 1 other person. I think it would be a nice feature in the game and make it that little bit harder and like undergroundking says it will be your own fault for failing a mission if you didnt fill up priar to it. And filling up a car is a every day thing to do you have to eat in gta to keep your person going so only fair to feed your car to keep it going. hopefully they will put this feature in future gta's

I was referring more to one hit kills against the player. One shot from a cop 50 feet away = game over, save erased. That sorta thing.

Well, the game is called Grand Theft Auto. The addition of a feature like that would make driving, a significant part of the game - and initial concept -, tedious instead of enjoyable.

killahmatic
dan houser also said he wanted to make the game as realistic as possible and filling up cars is an every day thing would be a let down if ya cant but maybe they are saving that for the next gta

horrible idea. it would waste time, i dont want to get fuel, i want to drive. some things arent meant to be realistic in videogames, cuz then it crosses the line of being too real and people think, why buy it if its too close to real life

horrible idea. it would waste time, i dont want to get fuel, i want to drive. some things arent meant to be realistic in videogames, cuz then it crosses the line of being too real and people think, why buy it if its too close to real life

I dont think so...I think why i buy it if its so unrealistlic

I like the fuel idea that makes game more interesting but i doubt they put it in the gta IV...But i hope they put it on the next gta

There is fuel in the game I think..I saw it..Dont remember where..At least I hope tounge.gif

And whats the problem with the fuel guys? You dont like realism?

There is fuel in the game I think..I saw it..Dont remember where..At least I hope tounge.gif

If I liked realism I'd go out instead of sitting indoors pretending to be a cold blooded immigrant killer loose in the city.

If I liked realism I'd go out instead of sitting indoors pretending to be a cold blooded immigrant killer loose in the city.

biggrin.gif

Besides, the whole point of GTA IV is to increase realism in ways to make the game more entertaining.

It's simple:

Driving = fun

Driving then refilling gas tank = not fun

daniluvsuall

i'd like this to be in, obviously be a bit "generous" with fuel consumption, but it'd be a funky feature, i love this game because of its realism, irrispectivley of where that ends.. even it meant playing 4 hours of the game.. in a prison!

It would be an interesting option at first, but then it would get annoying fast. You chuckers who want it in the game, have you ever had to pump gas for your own car? It sucks! If it were in GTA, it would a case of art imitating absurdly boring things to do.

Should we stop with gas? What about oil changes? How about tire-balancing and changing your tire? Vacuuming the upholstery?