Games Radar

thor1to3for5

.Up&Coming.

I've never seen it.

But the title lies! It shouldn't even questions GTA's greatness.

Edit: Kudos. turn.gif ....Uh. Or..cookies. cookie.gif

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Don't worry it hasn't been posted before, I don't think.

Why are all of these journalists complaining about GTA IV after they have already praised it so much?? f*cktards.

PopTheGlock
Why are all of these journalists complaining about GTA IV after they have already praised it so much?? f*cktards.

How about actually reading the article? They don't.

It's a joke. Read the "complaints". They're retarded and they're literally refuted in the following paragraph. People need to read these things before commenting on it. It was the exact same thing with the Good Cop/Bad Cop IGN article.

I'm glad they're actually criticizing, yet giving reasons why these things don't and won't matter. So many people have placed this game on an almost unreasonably high pedestal and when anything comes along that even slightly changes that perspective, they freak out(even without playing it and seeing how it affects gameplay).

.Up&Coming.

I like that. And I have a feeling I might be reluctant to kill for the first few minutes because the peds will look so real. I'll feel bad. But, then I'll just kill another and I'll be good.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

It's a joke. Read the "complaints". They're retarded and they're literally refuted in the following paragraph. People need to read these things before commenting on it. It was the exact same thing with the Good Cop/Bad Cop IGN article.

Woops, I should probably have read it before posting lol. Oh well.

thor1to3for5

These reviews seem geared twords non forum junkies who may not know what GTA IV is going to be. Rather than having the uneducated masses angry that 'Borat' isn't playing Roman they are trying to let everyone kow its not a SA clone.

Or they are just as bored as us and have run out of things to write. Could go either way I suppose.

Rambone2007

Looking at each of their potential flaws...

#1: not a flaw. Sure, there's less space but there's virtually no dead space.

#2: not a flaw. Liberty City looks beautiful in GTA4.

#3: not a flaw. They say "We already miss V-Rock." I heard V-Rock is in the game. Plus, as long as the music is good, I don't care how well-known it is.

#4: not a flaw. It will only take an hour to feel 100% comfortable with the controls. (at least for me)

#5: not a flaw. The plot looks great.

#6: not a flaw. Niko seems more real to me.

#7: not a flaw. It's about time R* moved on to new characters and storylines.

#8: not a flaw but could be to some people. I personally would like to see jetpacks but don't care about planes.

#9: not a flaw. MP looks kick ass. Cops N' Crooks. Need I say more?

#10: not a flaw but could be to some people.

#11: not a flaw but I'd like to see some big names in the game.

#12: not a flaw.

I know the "why it doesn't matter" section did my job for me but I thought I'd take a crack at it anyway.

Smaller than San Andreas......but hopefully much more to do in it.

Apparently Elder Scrolls 3 had a bigger world than Elder Scrolls 4, but fans of the games told me that Elder Scrolls 4 took much longer to complete. Hope this is the case with GTA4.

The thing about the bouncing granny was class!

"#12 - The violence is no longer funny

You commit some truly heinous crimes in the Grand Theft Auto series. Robbery. Assault. Prostitution. Carjacking. Mowing down old ladies as they cross the street, then firing rockets at the paramedics trying to save them...

Somehow, though, none of it ever seemed wrong because none of it ever seemed real. In GTA IV, however, the pedestrians appear alarmingly lifelike and their physics are modeled using the "natural motion" Euphoria engine. How will you feel when that old lady crumples and splatters just like a real old lady would? Will the guilt - no matter how tiny - spoil your giddy fun?

Why it doesn’t matter

Don't worry. In the still exaggerated world of GTA IV, the old lady is much more likely to spin wildly off the hood of your car, soar dozens of feet through the air, rebound on the plastic cone of an ice cream truck and slide (or bounce) into a terrified throng of pedestrians. If you don't find that funny, maybe you shouldn't be playing GTA IV to begin with."

yup made me laugh alot aswell biggrin.gif

doa kappatango

This article is written tongue-in-cheek.

They highlight ALL the expected flaws, yet answer all of the doubters with positive words.

"xxxxx is the problem"

"Why doesnt it matter?" <<<<<<<<<<< 1 of those for each is anough for me smile.gif

10 shouldn't even technically be on the list. they pulled that complaint from an inaccurate preview. these people completely ignored the "MORE STUFF WILL BE UNLOCKED THROUGH GAMEPLAY" info ths site saw and said "oh, well there are only four choices each." god I hate it when an, I can understand small things, but if they even bothered to ask rockstar they would've been put straight -.-

I like that. And I have a feeling I might be reluctant to kill for the first few minutes because the peds will look so real. I'll feel bad. But, then I'll just kill another and I'll be good.

I'm pretty sure that's serial killer logic. notify.gif

wink.gif

monkeyman20

just wondering, but have you ever seen a game get this much praise but so little negative views on it? it seems like the lowest this could get is 9.75 everywhere.

thor1to3for5
just wondering, but have you ever seen a game get this much praise but so little negative views on it? it seems like the lowest this could get is 9.75 everywhere.

I would love nothing more than to see this get a 10. This is the second preview in the last week talk about the negatives (the IGN good cop/bad cop being the other). A strange thing for previews to do, isn't it?

monkeyman20

I would love nothing more than to see this get a 10. This is the second preview in the last week talk about the negatives (the IGN good cop/bad cop being the other). A strange thing for previews to do, isn't it?

seems as though they're trying to find something wrong with it (but failing miserably) biggrin.gif