Military Installations ?

wafflemaster

wafflemaster

Apologies if this topic has already been covered, but I couldn't find a suitable thread for this question.

I was just wondering if anybody had information about what kind of military facilities/bases will feature in Liberty City ?? To my (limited) knowledge every GTA game thus far has featured an army barracks of some kind, and I would be expecting no different from IV.

My knowledge of the area (New York) is very limited, but I did visit briefly in 1995, and was quite shocked to see a freaking aircraft carrier moored at the docks (I believe it was Manhattan, which was even more surprising), just sitting there !! Do you suppose R* might do something like this in Algonquin, similar to the San Fierro docklands ?? I realise there are not going to be any VTOL fighter jets to jack, but they might have some attack choppers or something cool like that to steal.. ph34r.gif

Or maybe New Jersey (Alderney) has a well known army barracks or something, and that might feature in the game ??

Thanks biggrin.gif

darkgunner93

I hope their's tanks in the game, I haven't heard anything about them yet notify.gif

.Up&Coming.
I hope their's tanks in the game, I haven't heard anything about them yet notify.gif

Tanks are out.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Ahaha the aircraft carrier and the planes on top of it are out of commission. That was the USS Intrepid. I believe its a museum now. http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Military/Mi..._Install_N.html Here are some nearby installations. I've visited Fort Totten. Its more of a relic than an actual installation though

Bit of an ironic name for a ship that doesn't even move.

MisterBates666
I hope their's tanks in the game, I haven't heard anything about them yet  notify.gif

Tanks are out.

Aw I didn't know that. Where'd you hear that from?

Purplefreez

I've actually been on the Intrepid and seen the museum...it's pretty cool.

wafflemaster
Ahaha the aircraft carrier and the planes on top of it are out of commission. That was the USS Intrepid. I believe its a museum now. http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Military/Mi..._Install_N.html Here are some nearby installations. I've visited Fort Totten. Its more of a relic than an actual installation though

Oh, I see blush.gif !!

Bit like HMS Belfast in London then. I just saw the planes and assumed it was still in active service. Its a shame really, I would have liked to have had a look around if it was a museum.

I guess a land base it is then. Or am I assuming too much ?? I have seen literally nothing about wanted levels, tanks or attack choppers !! I am starting to worry confused.gif

.Up&Coming.
I hope their's tanks in the game, I haven't heard anything about them yet  notify.gif

Tanks are out.

There are a lot of previews that say this...same with bicycles, jetpacks, etc.

I'll try to find one.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

wafflemaster

Tanks are out.

I'll try to find one.

Well I would understand the need to cull 'fantasy' vehicles, like the jet-pack, from Liberty City, but surely not the tank !! This has been a staple member of the GTA alumni for many years, and along with the Hunter, I would be very disappointed to find it missing from this generation of games.

Perhaps not even an all-out war tank, but something like the SWAT armoured vehicle in SA would be cool (try as I might I could NEVER find one of these in free-roam mad.gif ).

.Up&Coming.

Tanks are out.

I'll try to find one.

Well I would understand the need to cull 'fantasy' vehicles, like the jet-pack, from Liberty City, but surely not the tank !! This has been a staple member of the GTA alumni for many years, and along with the Hunter, I would be very disappointed to find it missing from this generation of games.

Perhaps not even an all-out war tank, but something like the SWAT armoured vehicle in SA would be cool (try as I might I could NEVER find one of these in free-roam mad.gif ).

Yeah, I forget where I found the article, but it said those were out. I think it's because they're going for realism, and it might be weird to see a tank in Time's Square/Star Junction. It does suck, though. A lot.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Well I did find this (Look closely):

user posted image

Not alot, but you never know!

It's has been comfirmed '' NO TANKS''' sorry mate. bored.gif