The end of split screen conspute

staurday777

conspute is a controversial dispute. and you dont have to look in the game. just on the back discription

the back doesn't help.

READ MY POST. ^^^^^^^

it wont say splitscreen but it will say whether or not its 1or 2 players. although i don't think it will be splitscreen.

i hear what your saying.

i have smackdown vs. raw 08 and it says co-op 2-4 (regular game) and online multiplayer 2-4.

it also says co-op 2-4 [for online.]

yet i can't play online 2-player on the same xbox. or even co-op on the regular game itself.

that's why i don't trust the back of the box.

now on CoD 4 it only has "online multiplayer 2-18"

which is correct. im just saying some games are wrong on the info.

Blockbuster guys only get the game on release day. They get movies a week early, not games.

For some reason people think PS3 will get split screen because gamestop.com posted that GTAIV for PS3 will get 1-2 players offline

Even if there is/was offline multiplayer, it would not likely be split screen. Just look at the co-op rampages in San Andreas... no split screen there.

it will say how many offline players can play...

but it wont determine if its split screen or not.

San andreas wasnt split screen and it had 2 players on the back.

user posted image

conspute is a controversial dispute. and you dont have to look in the game. just on the back discription

Yes but to look at the back of the game box you will have to open the sealed crate that the individual games come in which i think was the point other posters were trying to make.

Thanks for offering your help anyway its appreciated (at least by some of us). cookie.gif for trying

The MTV Preview confirmed yesterday no Split Screen.

no split screen.in the article this is stated.

"The multiplayer modes cannot be played split-screen, so forget about playing this with buddies on a single couch. The modes are online only and identical for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, according to Rockstar reps."

ok so can we count out systemlink?The modes are online only so probly not no SA style free roam either.

Link to article at MTV: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1585030/20080408/id_0.jhtml

Edited by HEROLEVELS

I know everyone here seems to cry foul on the Cam Garish review of GTA, but I like what he had to say, but then he revised the same review rather then just write a new one, he crossed out the original text and that included Splitscreen for PS3 saying that to make the games more equal they decided to edit that out of the game, seems like a hard thing to do in the space between the build he was reviewing in February! So, he could be covering his a$$, I don't presume to know. But why do people discredit him, has he been wrong on all his prior reviews? monocle.gif

If you’ve never played GTA, then you won’t miss much. The absence of the Dodo stinks. Going on rampages is now almost impossible. The ability to commit crimes is much more difficult. Wanna shoot rockets down the street, blow up a parking lot, etc? Well, you won’t get far. The 5-0 in GTA4 are smart, and they work really hard to bring you down.

It’s also a bit disappointing that law enforcement actually spawns. The game would feel much more realistic if cops had to call for back up, and patrol cars would actually drive to your location from a few blocks away before joining the fun. But that’s not how it works. A handful of cops will appear out of nowhere (on the 360, they actually pop-in if you didn’t do the install). NOOSE will appear out of no where. And choppers? Well, there’s no faint pitter-patter of blades in the wind to alert you of their approach. I think they jump to position through worm holes or something.

This part came first in the original preview and you can see everything about the police spawning was changed and mention of 6 channel surround was ADDED. He also modified the Rampage part to suggest Rampages WILL still be in the game Edited by Slamman

lol dude every1 knows splitscreen sucks, thats old, so i highly doubt R* wud make gta iv MP a splitscreen. nnaaaa

I believe it was EGM where Sam was asked about the MP modes used in SanAn, some was split screen, I liked it. I also enjoyed 4 player splitscreen on another game my friend had, was Sega Saturn or Dreamcast? Was some time ago though, I know it WAS a lot of fun.

BTW, what do you mean with "WUD"?? monocle.gif

lol dude every1 knows splitscreen sucks, thats old, so i highly doubt R* wud make gta iv MP a splitscreen. nnaaaa

dude i tried to tell them they are obviously not listening. day "aint tryin ta hear dat see"

I believe it was EGM where Sam was asked about the MP modes used in SanAn, some was split screen, I liked it. I also enjoyed 4 player splitscreen on another game my friend had, was Sega Saturn or Dreamcast? Was some time ago though, I know it WAS a lot of fun.

sa is 2 player rampages and free roam samescreen it did not have splitscreen did it?

btw he means would suicidal.gif

the last splitscreen games i enjoyed were perfectdark and goldeneye for 64

Edited by HEROLEVELS

conspute = typo = correction -> Dispute

I clearly remember split screen in SA's two player mode and they were talking about it in EGM, but only bringing it up, nothing at length

I clearly remember split screen in SA's two player mode and they were talking about it in EGM, but only bringing it up, nothing at length

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspute

conspute = correction =conspute is a word too just cuz you have never heard of it or used it suicidal.gif

I clearly remember samescreen! in SA's two player mode idk what game ur playin. tell me ur joking ur just messin with me right? or are u really as dumb as u look?

Blockbuster don't get it a week early they get in on the friday/saturday! I know this because I am getting it that day from a guy at blovkbuster (He owes me a favor)

user posted image

I clearly remember samescreen! in SA's two player mode idk what game ur playin. tell me ur joking ur just messin with me right? or are u really as dumb as u look?

wadfiohjqnorngnvaniowiofhn Dahhhhhh ahhhh ummmmm

Do I look as dumm as I look?? Thanks for that. You better go back and play SA again, I say. colgate.gif

YES! I know it's not true of each and every two player portion of SA, but I know I saw it with only two controllers and I was operating both as I had no one over! Kinda funny, actually colgate.gif

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspute

conspute = correction =conspute is a word too just cuz you have never heard of it or used it suicidal.gif

conspute is not a real word!

whats a conspute? do you mean dispute?

ha ha clover gang

what of it?

just clever is all smile.gif

okilly-dokilly! icon14.gif

lol icon14.gificon14.gif

I have a dream...

that this will be the longest quote chain ever!!!!!!

Posted on Ganton Ave. Slangin Rocks.

• 3 weeks later...

sa is 2 player rampages and free roam samescreen ,,,

btw he means would suicidal.gif

the last splitscreen games i enjoyed were perfectdark and goldeneye for 64

TWO PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN!!! Got it??? Good

Please refrain from insults when you don't have the honest knowledge or answer.

RESPECT bored.gif

straight from the xbox website

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/grandthe...oiv/default.htm

1 Player

Multiplayer Versus

Dolby 5.1 Surround

HDTV 720p

----------

Players: 2-16

Marketplace Downloads

Leaderboards

Friends

Player Stats

Voice Messaging

Voice Support

Xbox LIVE Aware

------

looks like multiplayer versus means split screen.