Cell Phone Calls In GTA IV

ajstaylormade

ajstaylormade

I was just thinking about the whole cell phone idea in GTA IV. Im not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but I'll throw it out there anyway. I know it might be a little TOO realistic to think this would happen in GTA IV, but do you think your cell phone will have bars of service and work everywhere in the city? Or do you think there might be certain places where you wouldnt be able to make phone calls to police, friends, girls etc. I was thinking that some cool places for phones to not get service would include places that they might not work in real life such as in the subway, in the middle of certain buildings and skyscrapers downtown, etc. Like I said, this might be a little too realistic considering what GTA games usually go for, but I was just wondering if this might be possible or anyone else thought it might be an interesting idea.

There will probably be missions where you phone loses its power/signal etc.

I'd be pissed.

user posted image

Click here to join The Dinghers!

Put this in your signature if you think Looper55 sucks. lol

SLAMMAN-FOR-MOD

doctorjones7961

Ive always wanted to know if this would be possible during multiplayer:

Say for instance you are playing free roam with 15 other players (only say 2-3 people are your direct friends). You decide to split from the group and grab a helicopter for away. As you stray from the group your voice gets cut off from Proximity Chat. If you are on the other side of the city, you think it would be cool (or possible for that matter xD) to call your friends from a room list of people sort of like a private chat and tell them to meet you where you are.

I personally love the idea and it would add even more realism rather then having 12-13 other player screaming while your trying to talk to your friends. xD

apache77pilot

Say for instance you are playing free roam with 15 other players (only say 2-3 people are your direct friends). You decide to split from the group and grab a helicopter for away. As you stray from the group your voice gets cut off from Proximity Chat. If you are on the other side of the city, you think it would be cool (or possible for that matter xD) to call your friends from a room list of people sort of like a private chat and tell them to meet you where you are.

I personally love the idea and it would add even more realism rather then having 12-13 other player screaming while your trying to talk to your friends. xD

i like that idea. i doubt they willl have it though

I'd be pissed.

You shouldnt drink so much then

I'm always pissed.

user posted image

Click here to join The Dinghers!

Put this in your signature if you think Looper55 sucks. lol

SLAMMAN-FOR-MOD

I'd be pissed.

I'm always pissed.

I hope you know: pissed = drunk in the UK biggrin.gif

I'd be pissed.

Ahhh, you silly brits.

But yeah, that's probably too convoluted for a GTA game. They have said many times they are more about fun then realistic. I mean, if you are going loose service, you might as well have to charge it every few in game days and have to restart it because it freezes when take a picture like mine.

But a mission where your phone is dead or jammed would be cool.

thor1to3for5

I'd be pissed.

I'm always pissed.

I hope you know: pissed = drunk in the UK biggrin.gif

Thats why the US broke away from the UK. It hated the way you defined words. J/K of course.

I think it would be cool if I could the cell phone to start a voice chat with a real life friend. I suppose only Xbox users could do that though.

It should only lose bars if its needed for plot reasons, otherwise it would be right up there with brushing your teeth and going to your trunk to switch guns. Unnessicary realism for the sake of realism at the expense of fun.

Nobby_McDonald

Hopefully there will be times when it goes Jack Bauer like and rings when you're in cover in a firefight.

T360UKbobby

Thats a great idea dude!

But i wouldn't of thought they have put that feature in unfortunately

One of the new multiplayer previews said that the cellphone can be used in the middle of multiplayer games. If you want to call someone up on the other team you can, and through the headset, youll have the ability to talk with them. It could be used to conspire with individuals on the enemy team to secretly work together to make the most money. Its gonna lead to alot of backstabbing teammates and two faced rats, and sounds like itll make multiplayer all the more interesting.

MagicNarcosis

Thats a great idea dude!

But i wouldn't of thought they have put that feature in unfortunately

diddnt someone in the reviews say you could make a call to your teammates (players) individually?

diddnt someone in the reviews say you could make a call to your teammates (players) individually?

Yes, and not just to your teammates. It mentioned calling individuals on the enemy team also.

i think they will make the cell phone idea for only friends because they have definitely thought out the multiplayer