We Cant let this happen

doa kappatango

doa kappatango

As we all know, EA are looking to takeover Take Two.

While I doubt this will affect the imminent release of GTA4, it does raise serious issues in regards to future games heading out of R*'s highly acclaimed doors.

One industry watcher compared EA's record of acquisitions with the destruction and joyless conformity left by a rampaging alien organism from the television series "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

"To gamers it was kind of like the Borg; they would take over a studio and make them function on the EA clock or schedule,"

FACT: EA kill studios.

There are genuine concerns over a monopoly in the gaming sector - my suggestion is a petition. I dont yet know where to send it, I don't know if we can make a difference, but I am not gonna let EA walk all over the independants.

Please post if you agree, lets do something positive as a community.

LINKS:

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/conte...index_top+story

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge...347918420080404

Edited by doa kappatango

GTA3Freak-2001

To be honest I am sick of hearing about it, when and if its confirmed then I'd worry.

Another post about EA confused.gif

TTWO won't sell anytime soon. As gta3freak said, worry when its actually happening.

doa kappatango
To be honest I am sick of hearing about it, when and if its confirmed then I'd worry.

EA want this to happen. They are desperate for it. If you want to make a voice heard in protest, now is the time.

The two links I have posted confirm the intentions of EA - and they have previous in "aquiring" business.

If you are waiting for the "EA HAS bought Take Two" story, it will be too late.

EA want this to happen. They are desperate for it. If you want to make a voice heard in protest, now is the time.

The two links I have posted confirm the intentions of EA - and they have previous in "aquiring" business.

If you are waiting for the "EA HAS bought Take Two" story, it will be too late.

You're reading old news my friend. It has been ages since EA's last offer to buy (Which was REJECTED)

Anyways, EA only want TTWO now because they know GTA4 will make a shed load of money. Once GTA4 has been released, i think they will leave them alone.

SerenUnderdog

yeah, EA keeps doing stupid moves, like the pricing for the european version of rockband. the news is only a day old, but all the person i know are boycotting the game, and EA for the time being. A petition will do nothing,to stop buying their games and give them bad rep is a better aproach.

only when their sells drop will they realise we don't need crappy game anymore

same here its been posted so many times i dont care anymore until i have hard facts that EA own it then i will cry till then E still sucks the left ball and A still sucks the right ball

doa kappatango

Another post about EA  confused.gif

TTWO won't sell anytime soon. As gta3freak said, worry when its actually happening.

I reject that comment - Its not "just another post".

I am not linking the story as new news, I am trying to actively play a part in the future of one of the most respected software houses.

Have you guys not heard of a hostile take over? Even if the board reject, EA can wave enough money at the shareholders and then in they move.

money talks, EA has plenty and is willing to use its weight to bully others. that is unacceptable

@ B4RTO: this was published YESTERDAY: http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/conte...index_top+story

TBH Fight Night Round 3 was an AMAZING game. Fifa 08 isn't too shabby either.

SerenUnderdog

Another post about EA  confused.gif

I reject that comment - Its not "just another post".

I am not linking the story as new news, I am trying to actively play a part in the future of one of the most respected software houses.

Have you guys not heard of a hostile take over? Even if the board reject, EA can wave enough money at the shareholders and then in they move.

money talks, EA has plenty and is willing to use its weight to bully others. that is unacceptable

@ B4RTO: this was published YESTERDAY: http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/conte...index_top+story

no they can't , no if the board doesn't agree

off Take-Two's official site:

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=301527

Snip:

Take-Two also announced today that its Board of Directors has adopted a Stockholders Rights Agreement to protect stockholders against, among other things, unsolicited attempts to acquire control of the Company at an inadequate price for all stockholders or are otherwise not in the best interests of Take-Two and its stockholders. The Stockholders Rights Agreement has been adopted in response to EA's unsolicited tender offer to acquire all of Take-Two's outstanding shares of common stock for $26.00 per share in cash. The Board of Directors has committed to redeem the Rights distributed pursuant to the Rights Agreement 180 days after adoption of the Agreement.

Under the Stockholders Rights Agreement, the rights will become exercisable if a person becomes an "acquiring person" by acquiring 20% or more of the common stock of Take-Two or if a person commences a tender offer that could result in that person owning 20% or more of the common stock of Take-Two. The Stockholders Rights Agreement will not apply to existing stockholders who own 20% or more of Take-Two's existing common stock, unless and until they acquire an additional 2% of Take-Two's outstanding common stock.

geez, you're taking bad journos word for granted and not T2's ??

yeah they have a few, but they're far from their glorious mid 90's era when every single game (almost) was a masterpiece

NFS is goin sh*te, the Strike serie is MIA, latest release like Ao2 are well....not very polished to say the least...

Edited by SerenUnderdog

Don't forget Skate

Don't forget Skate

Never played skate. Although i have heard alot of people say its a great game.

*Off-topic* Anybody know if they are making Fight Night Round 4? dozingoff.gif

*Off-topic* Anybody know if they are making Fight Night Round 4? dozingoff.gif

Why did you put that smiley there if you really wanted to know? dontgetit.gif

*Off-topic* Anybody know if they are making Fight Night Round 4?  dozingoff.gif

Why did you put that smiley there if you really wanted to know? dontgetit.gif

Same reason you just put that smiley...Shows expression wink.gif

doa kappatango

I am not saying EA dont make good games, my point is they have a reputation for buying smaller Developers then destroying them.

TBH, I though this was a place full of respect for GTA4 and R*, how wrong I was.

I am not saying EA dont make good games, my point is they have a reputation for buying smaller Developers then destroying them.

TBH, I though this was a place full of respect for GTA4 and R*, how wrong I was.

TTWO isn't exactly a small developer. Also, we do respect R* and the GTA series, it's just that this is old news, TTWO have REJECTED offers, they have had the vote of confidence from the shareholders ect. A take-over is totally off the cards for now.

Also, if TTWO does get bought out, i think R* will turn independent and make their own games.

SerenUnderdog

who are you dude? i don't see anyone writing they want this happen, all i see is people tired of arseholes worrying for something that is very unlikely to happen, and tired of people quoting and posting "expert" analysts bullsh*t all over the place..

The facts are these:

-EA wants to take ove T2 prior IV's release

-EA got denied twice

-T2 took measures to prevent any hostile take over in response to EA's

-T2 made sure that no company can take over within the next 180 days ( starting march 6th) without the board's approval

seems clear to me that nothing will happen in the near future. case closed.

who are you dude? i don't see anyone writing they want this happen, all i see is people tired of arseholes worrying for something that is very unlikely to happen, and tired of people quoting and posting "expert" analysts bullsh*t all over the place..

The facts are these:

-EA got denied twice

-T2 made sure that no company can take over within the next 180 days ( starting march 6th) without the board's approval

Thank you icon14.gif

The facts are these:

-EA got denied twice

cookie.gif

The facts are these:

-EA got denied twice

cookie.gif

user posted image