Karl Lagerfeld Becomes a Video-Game Character

ds_upp

On meeting the executives of Rockstar Games and inking the deal:

Lagerfeld … called the encounter a "friendship at first sight." He didn't hesitate about participating. "They are the games of our times," he said. "Those games in a way changed the world."

On killing hookers and bustin' caps:

"They had written a politically incorrect dialogue," the designer said. "I loved it, [particularly] in a time when everybody wants to be so politically correct when they talk."

On his qualifications for the role:

"Music is part of the life of fashion, too," he said. "Through the famous sound stylist Michel Gaubert, I'm very much 'au courant' and know what's going on."

On controller aversion and his future:

"I prefer to be in a video than to play with it," Lagerfeld said. "I would love to be a very nasty, politically incorrect character."

link

SerenUnderdog

nice find, am i the only one to think lagarfeld could make for an interresting crime boss ? or a crooked business man etc?

I think it's really cool that he's in the game, makes it more interesting... I just don't know why ppl hate him... whatsthat.gif This interview made me like him more... Even though I'm not really into fashion, I really like dance music... blush.gif Hope his taste in music is good... colgate.gif

• 10 years later...

Radio K109's DJ Karl Lagarfeld has passed away yesterday. He was 85

R.I.P.

Spoiler

• Like 3

Hmmm nice bike

I had a feeling that Karl Lagerfeld loved the idea of being in the game. He seemed like the type of guy who they probably wouldn't have to ask twice, and given GTA's notoriety at the time he probably just flatout said "Yes" when they asked.

It's still pretty funny how they even got around to thinking about asking the creative director of Chanel to host a radio station, but he ended up being one of the better DJs in the game (and I didn't even know who he was when I first played it!).

• Like 2

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Not trying to be in the trend but damm I never had the time to hear this Dude. Sounds like interesting, gonna hear this radio station more often. RIP.