Will Oblvion occupy me until GTA4?

Jigsaw_X

if you really get into it then def!!! amazing game. Will keep you more than occupied by then tounge.gif

Yes, I havent even played the firt mission yet, I am just on the side quests and I have played for more hen 80+ hours, I could be I am sh*t but I don'tknow notify.gif

user posted image

Will Oblvion keep me busy if i buy it?

Dont play it! lmao you will never finish it and youll be pissed off that you dropped it after GTA IV comes out! trust me. lol

Yeah, man it should. I still think it's an amazing game, but I rarely play it anymore because it takes up too much of my time. lol.gif

Will Oblvion keep me busy if i buy it?

I wish I was in your shoes, to be able to play Oblivion for the first time is amazing. And yes it can keep you busy even my wife has logged over 300 hours on that game.

user posted image

Well, I played Morrowind on the PC. Logged 150+ hours. Lasted for about 4 months. But, i've been reading that Oblivion has changed so much from Morrowind, and not for the better.

I'm not concerned about a few skills being dropped, i just want to know if it's still the great game style that i fell in love with when i played Morrowind.

Well, I played Morrowind on the PC. Logged 150+ hours. Lasted for about 4 months. But, i've been reading that Oblivion has changed so much from Morrowind, and not for the better.

I'm not concerned about a few skills being dropped, i just want to know if it's still the great game style that i fell in love with when i played Morrowind.

At least rent it, I was a fan of Morrowwind aswell and in my mind Oblivion blows it away.

user posted image

I've been playing Crackdown heaps on my new Xbox, but I just bought Skate for my PS3, and thats awesome.

At least rent it, I was a fan of Morrowwind aswell and in my mind Oblivion blows it away.

Thanks everybody, I'll pick it up after work.

oblivion is truly an epic game for me, on scale of gta4 and halo3, with gta4 being the best.

i have oblivion.. (got it as a gift).. but never really played it for more then 10 minutes... i'll give it a shot though.

MasterYoca13

my (small) collection:

halo 3

forza 2

oblivion: with expansions

(gta4 special edition preordered)

oblivion is a great game but you gotta like RPG's i logged over 1000 hours in the lands of morrowind. devil.gif

gta 4 will rule them all

I think Oblivion is amazing like I said, but here's another amazing game you should play. It's on the PC though..

Click

It's an amazing game. It's really the only other REALLY good sandbox game. Worth buying even if GTA is coming out soon. It's the GTA of the "middle ages".

Warning, don't get the horse armor but do get the battlehorn castle add on, it's cool, so's the wizard tower place.

Crazy Asian
Warning, don't get the horse armor but do get the battlehorn castle add on, it's cool, so's the wizard tower place.

If I remember right, the GOTY Edition comes with all of the DLC (dunno about Shivering Isles though). Oblivion is one hell of a game. especially if you get the Shivering Isles expansion. I've got Oblivion for PC and it has a GREAT modding community. I have about 3 characters all of them have at least 110 hours.

Transparanoia

Morrowind did some really good things, but after playing Oblivion I couldn't go back to it. Mainly because if I aim at something and hit it, I can miss it. I mean, WTF is with that? It didn't bother me before I played Oblivion but it really annoyed me afterwards. Also, the journal in Morrowind is dire, but I believe there is a mod for that.

Anyway, yes, Oblivion will keep you very occupied. I might go play it now, actually.

TheDude5000

It's quite a long and epic game, not to mention the sh*tload of side things you can do, and all the hidden stuff such as easter eggs, treasure, hidden areas, not to mention the awesome downladable add-ons like Wizards Tower (which is just so badass, this cool badass Tower out there in the snowy mountains) and what not.

So, yeah.

user posted image

It's good, played it for like 150 hours now. But still, levelled monsters are boring, you can kill every damn mob too easily and it gets repetitive because of that after awhile. I still prefer Baldur's Gate 2 and Neverwinter Nights.

Crazy Asian

Everything and everyone levels up with you. If you don't level up, then yes, it will be extremely easy...also, you can change the difficulty to make it harder too.

It's good, played it for like 150 hours now. But still, levelled monsters are boring, you can kill every damn mob too easily and it gets repetitive because of that after awhile. I still prefer Baldur's Gate 2 and Neverwinter Nights.

You've played it for 150 hours and haven't even turned the difficulty up?

How could you stand that? I turned the difficulty up pretty early.

I have played it for about 130 hours and I've only just managed to finish most of the main quests (main story, knights of the nine, shivering isles, dark brotherhood, thieves guild, mages guild and fighters guild).

I have also done a lot of the odd quests that random NPCs give you but I still have a lot to do, lol. I reccomend buying it and wasting the rest of your time with it until GTA comes out.

Who said that I didn't turn it up? I turned it up and it's still easy. I might make a new character and begin from the hardest difficulty from the get go but nothing can beat BG2, NVN and IWD2. Even Planescape: Torment was lots of fun till it lasted. I still dislike the fact that the monsters are levelled, just my personal preference. Oblivion didn't really have those cool boss mobs or epic fights either sad.gif

Crazy Asian

Try not using cheats too.

Also, I'll say it again. EVERYTHING levels up WITH YOU. there is no set level for AI and NPCs.

Oblivion will keep you occupied for years on end. Seriously. I have never seen a game with so much content. However, it is the type of game that won't appeal to everyone and takes a bit of "breaking in".

I was in the EXACT same boat as you. Yeah i started playing Oblivion to pass some time, and its AMAZING!

Level 21 with full +50 fortify magika glass armor now colgate.gif Mages own.

I was in the EXACT same boat as you. Yeah i started playing Oblivion to pass some time, and its AMAZING!

Level 21 with full +50 fortify magika glass armor now colgate.gif Mages own.

Lucky boys, thats the last game I had a count down for, if only I could live it all over again.

If ya liked it check out http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html different but the same team.

Go GTA IV sooooooooooooo soon now........