are we all addicted

casa13

its lik taken over my life and i'm not usually like this i got friends

any1 else feel lik this

No.

If you feel you are addicted, then you should try to get out more, experience new things.

Its just a game, an amazing game yes, but dont let it rule your life.

Live man!!!

38773_s.gif

No.

If you feel you are addicted, then you should try to get out more, experience new things.

Live man!!!

Life is just a game, Same concept.

Both are equally meaningless.

But dont get me wrong, I enjoy both a lot happy.gif I am just a realist. And there is nothing wrong with enjoying the art that is GTA.

Edited by kyuuki

I think life should be taken at least somewhat seriously.

One chance.

No reset button.

No red rings, but death is imminent.

38773_s.gif

I think life should be taken at least somewhat seriously.

One chance.

No reset button.

No red rings, but death is imminent.

I agree with you there, It is more serious but it is a game none the less. One to be played and manipulated to one's end.

The difference with life is that it is a lot harder, Which is shown by the small minority of successful players.

No matter how well you do in life, youll never make it out alive.

You can always go for the high score though. biggrin.gificon14.gif

38773_s.gif

I am not addicted or rather excited about this game i would never let a game take over my life that is just... geekish and that would make me have no life which i have.

Theres something wrong with letting anything take over your life.

38773_s.gif

Exactly.

This game means different things to different people, Depends what your main interests are.

For me personally its a university term time filler that makes the summer traveling arrive that much quicker.

Its very easy to let something control you. It may be drugs, alcohol or smoking. Its harder to break it though.

May seem silly somebody getting "addicted" to games, but until you have been addicted to anything, you'll see how easy it is to fall for it....

Oh believe me, I know addiction my man.

I speak from experience.

And I stick by my statements.

Never once did I say it was silly, people get addicted to all sorts of stuff, its too common, but everyone has the power inside to break the chains of addiction, but its much harder for some than for others.

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

Oh believe me, I know addiction my man.

I speak from experience.

And I stick by my statements.

Well whatever your addiction is/was, it was/will be hard for you to stop.

Its like non-smokers saying "How can you be addicted to smoking?". Until they have been smoking for awhile, then try to go a day or whatever without one, they'll never know.

I was a smoker since 4th grade, and smoked a lot.

More than a year ago, I stopped. Stopped dead.

Thats almost impossible for some people, but I was able to do it without it being a big deal.

But I know a lot of people who had an extremely hard time doing the same.

Im lucky to have strong willpower, and I will never take that for granted.

Some people fall into and/or break free from addiction much, much easier than others, so its hard to put into general terms.

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

I was a smoker since 4th grade, and smoked a lot.

More than a year ago, I stopped. Stopped dead.

Thats almost impossible for some people, but I was able to do it without it being a big deal.

But I know a lot of people who had an extremely hard time doing the same.

Im lucky to have strong willpower, and I will never take that for granted.

Good man icon14.gif

I myself am a smoker. For some reason, even with help, I just can't quit confused.gif Maybe i don't want to but i know it's bad for me so i try anyway. Probably why i fail.

Using our stories though, we can kinda relate them to games. Some people can just walk away and forget about it until next time. Others know they should be doing something else, but can't forget about the game...So carry on playing.

Being able to beat the habbit though shows strong determination and personality monocle.gif

My problem is im an extremely obsessive person , if theres a game i want i will spend ages finding every little scrap of info about it, if im learning something on the guitar i cant just learn the tune i have to try and get it note and phrase perfect and im like that with most aspects of my life which to be honest really pisses me off but what ya gonna do lol.gif

This thread is epic win, you should be able to do what you want to with your life, as long as you aren't hurting anyone, with no interfearance.

MysteryGamer
My problem is im an extremely obsessive person , if theres a game i want i will spend ages finding every little scrap of info about it.

I am like that with some videogames I am highly anticipating, like I have been checking up for information constantly on this game ever since it was announced at E3 2006. The only other game at the moment I am keeping an eye on for anything new for often is Silent Hill 5.

It's annoying when people keep saying "go out and get a life loser!" life isn't that great to be honest but most people won't ever admit it. You may as well get as much enjoyment as you can while your here. I have loved playing videogames ever since I was 6 and I will be getting hours and months probably of enjoyment out of playing Grand Theft Auto IV. I don't see how anticipating videogames makes you a "geek" then someone checking all information on a upcoming movie there isn't much of a difference.

dude i hate people obsessed with games, i only like playing certain games but i always know a game is simply a game and i hate forums ,gamer news etc etc.........however i feel i have turned to the dark side, this game has me in knot in an epic way, i eat ,drink, breath ,sleep gtaIV and i havent even got it yet??!! monocle.gif WTF

i guess theres a first for everything right moto_whistle.gif

No.

Live man!!!

Hi *MURDOC* remember me from the GTA:LC forums? Back when edisoncarter was around with cheatdevice. Actually I was a mod on ADePSP's cheat central (Can't remember name(s) since it's so long time ago).

Anyway I just returned, and no I'm not really "addicted" to this game, I like hanging out with my friends and work on my car etc. I'm a little hyped about this game, but not so much I'd rather sit infront of my computer, than with my friends.

I was addicted to chocolate. My weight was pushing 180lbs.

2.5 months ago, I suddenly, absolutely, gave up chocolate, started eating 2 healthy meals daily, and going for 5 hour, 15 mile walks.

My weight is now 157lbs and dropping.

The reason? A Bitch. A bitch who wants nothing to do with me angry.gif

MysteryGamer

I was addicted to chocolate. My weight was pushing 180lbs.

2.5 months ago, I suddenly, absolutely, gave up chocolate, started eating 2 healthy meals daily, and going for 5 hour, 15 mile walks.

My weight is now 157lbs and dropping.

The reason?  A Bitch. A bitch who wants nothing to do with me angry.gif

I have always been skinny and if anything underweight. Chocolate is extremely addictive though I have tried to give that up before but failed! I think I could only go without it for just over a week cry.gif Eating too much chocolate doesn't usually do me any favours when I am due for a dental check up either confused.gif

You can always go for the high score though. biggrin.gificon14.gif

Yeah, sometimes though, to different people, it's the experience of playing the game that provides the most enjoyment, rather than gaining the high score.