Helicopters

kyuuki

Hi guys

Quick question, So far we have seen 3 helicopters in GTA4

The 2 bladed maverick: (Bell 206 jetranger)

user posted image

4 Bladed maverick (Seems to be for civil + authority use, also used by the LCPD) (Bell 407 jetranger)

user posted image

And we have seen the blackhawk "gta name not known": (UH-60 Black Hawk) which is a national guard model

user posted image

From your experience of past gta releases how many of the helicopters does rockstar usually let us see pre-game release?

As it is new york we should expect some real nice corporate helos like the Agusta 109 and a like.

What are your thoughts on this?

*NOTE if you don't care then don't post, I don't flame your car posts so please lend me the same courtesy. Thank you

Edited by kyuuki

Hopefully a decent amount of people will fit in the helis.

And hopefully there will be helis buzzing around the city on their own.

38773_s.gif

There is one more. A civilian version of the Blackhawk helicopter is seen in one of the screenshots.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

There is one more. A civilian version of the Blackhawk helicopter is seen in one of the screenshots.

Really?

Can you remember which one?

Im not sure if there will be that many more heli's on the game. i know there was 1 hidden in the 4th trailer in the airport chase bit. (although if it 1 we know about I dont know.

i wonder if you can smash the chopper window and shoot out? you may need 3 thumbs for that though sad.gif

Im not sure if there will be that many more heli's on the game.  i know there was 1 hidden in the 4th trailer in the airport chase bit. (although if it 1 we know about I dont know.

i wonder if you can smash the chopper window and shoot out? you may need 3 thumbs for that though sad.gif

The 4th trailer airport car chase helicopter was a blackhawk sitting on the tarmack (or hovering close to the ground, front on)

I am hoping there will be quite a diversity of helicopters, since there is no planes I would expect rockstar would work especially hard on the helos.

As for shooting while flying, The driver cant shoot. Although I have flown a real helicopter and when hovering if there was no substantial wind you could take your hand off the throttle / pitch lever. Or if the Helo had auto pilot that would also work.

Mister Pink
I hope there are plenty of helis in the game. I really hope you can get some real height with them too. I can't wait to see what a heli suicde drop will be like when Niko splatters to the ground!

Gourangalol

I hope you can stand inside the Blackhawk without being restricted to sitting, so you can run around

inside them. I hope there are more helicopters than this though.

Please resize the images!

Really?

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/screens/GTAIV_46.html

You can see two helicopters. One is the military Blackhawk, and the other is the civilian counterpart. Civilian one looks almost exactly like Raindance, so that's probably what it will be called.

Just in case anyone thinks it is Maverick, there is landing gear. Even if it's not Raindance, it is certainly neither a Maverick nor military Blackhawk.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Really?

You can see two helicopters. One is the military Blackhawk, and the other is the civilian counterpart. Civilian one looks almost exactly like Raindance, so that's probably what it will be called.

Just in case anyone thinks it is Maverick, there is landing gear. Even if it's not Raindance, it is certainly neither a Maverick nor military Blackhawk.

It is a maverick... those are skids... not landing gear. Loo at the difference of the tail between the two...

Edited by voteneg

hope fully theres alot since theres no airplanes.

ye but i read in a mag that you dont get to drive them till your quite far into the game so i dont know i think there will be 4 or 5

for ps3 owners.......

do you think the sixaxis controller system will be used to fly the choppers??? i have a feeling it will

good? bad? personally i dont know icon14.gificon13.gifmoto_whistle.gif ?

Really?

It is a maverick... those are skids... not landing gear. Loo at the difference of the tail between the two...

It's probably the news maveric,.. just as in other GTA's when you have a lot of stars.

Personally, I'm hoping that we'll find Airwolf in an abandoned hangar and start the Airwolf missions

It looks to me to be a maverick, You can see the 2 grey skids.

R* has said there will be similar amounts of vehicles to san andreas, Which had 6 different models (not including the variations of each model), So hopefully we should be seeing a similar amount in GTA4.

Fingers crossed of course.

What about the giant millitary helicopter type thing you see in the background of the 4th trailer in the chase scene on the airport ?

cookie.gif for knowing the real names OP! I would expect more then the 3 shown so far.

it would be nice if they release it in the beginning of the game.

I love to fly helis.