(For PS3 Owners Only) The DLC

GoldenJoel

I'm a 360 owner myself, but I can understand that all Microsoft seems to think is money, and that's the only reason why they got the exclusive content. But, as PS3 owners, how do you feel about this? Do you feel cheated? Do you care? Or were you converted because of it?

No flame wars here, just discussion.

GTA4formyps3

I wont come off fanboyish and I am sorry if I do but no I dont care. Its only 2 extra chapters thats all. I dont feel cheated and for all we know, a month or 2 down the road we could get exspansion packs. You never know

Capricornus

I'm a 360 owner myself, but I can understand that all Microsoft seems to think is money, and that's the only reason why they got the exclusive content.  But, as PS3 owners, how do you feel about this?  Do you feel cheated?  Do you care?  Or were you converted because of it?

Nah dude. I have a PS3 and 360 Elite, and since it was announced, I didn't care for it and I don't now. I am getting GTA IV for the PS3. I just want the game, don't care for the extra content. Maybe that's just me though.

In the future if I, for some reason, feel that I want the DLC, I get the 360 version later on. There's some DLC for the PS3 and I don't care about that. What the hell is the DLC for the PS3 anyway lol.

caprisig.jpg

Niko B3llic

I have xbox live but not a ps3. I do think that its wrong that one system gets more than the other, but im also thinking that they might release it later on a disc or something that costs $60 of course, but that would be a smart thing to do...

I wont come off fanboyish and I am sorry if I do but no I dont care. Its only 2 extra chapters thats all. I dont feel cheated and for all we know, a month or 2 down the road we could get exspansion packs. You never know

if it is sucessful with microsoft i think that sony will pay the money for it too.

The PS3 is supposed to be getting Home content right? What is that exactly?

GTA4formyps3

if it is sucessful with microsoft i think that sony will pay the money for it too.

That would be really cool. Like I said we cant tell the future so we never know.

GoldenJoel,

We dont know for sure but home is a big online community if you did not know that. If you did sorry for wasting you time

Here is the way I see it. If they can't put it into the game I am already paying money for I have no reason to pay more money for extra junk. I have never bought DLC and i never will buy DLC. I can't believe so many people fall into this greedy pit for the illusion of fun... boycott DLC

But what if its more then just two chapters? What if its huge, or something amazing, like a new city?

GTA4formyps3

They could not do that because the contract stated to chapters in the game. Would the DVD disk be able to hold that much content?

They could not do that because the contract stated to chapters in the game. Would the DVD disk be able to hold that much content?

Last I checked, no one knows what the content is... 50 Million is a lot for just two missions.

I wouldn't pay for anything over 5$ anyway. I was hoping for some more cars/weapons but i'm sure the base game will be much more then enough to hold me over for a long time...

GTA4formyps3

R* stated the DLC was 2 extra chapters. I know it dont sound alot for $50 mil but what do you expect?

i could take it or leave to be honest, extra content is cool but i just want the base game, anythi8ng beyond that is just a bonus.

I'm dissapointed that I'm forced to be without a 360 at launch, and am getting the PS3 SE GTAIV, but when DLC comes out for 360, i'm most definitely getting the 360 version.

TheDooner64
I'm a 360 owner myself, but I can understand that all Microsoft seems to think is money, and that's the only reason why they got the exclusive content.  But, as PS3 owners, how do you feel about this?  Do you feel cheated?  Do you care?  Or were you converted because of it?

Nah dude. I have a PS3 and 360 Elite, and since it was announced, I didn't care for it and I don't now. I am getting GTA IV for the PS3. I just want the game, don't care for the extra content. Maybe that's just me though.

In the future if I, for some reason, feel that I want the DLC, I get the 360 version later on. There's some DLC for the PS3 and I don't care about that. What the hell is the DLC for the PS3 anyway lol.

If you have both why not just get it for 360 so you can play the downloaded content? Do you really think it will be SOOOO much better on the PS3 to warrant skipping the extra content completely?? That just does not make sense at all, I am baffled......

Capricornus

If you have both why not just get it for 360 so you can play the downloaded content? Do you really think it will be SOOOO much better on the PS3 to warrant skipping the extra content completely?? That just does not make sense at all, I am baffled......

Because I wanted it for the PS3 since it was announced, and I don't care for the DLC.

Also I had bad f*ck ups with my previous 360...

And I couldn't care less about which one is better, for there is ultimately no better version. I am used to playing GTA games on a PS console. Simple. icon14.gif

caprisig.jpg

TheDooner64

Because I wanted it for the PS3 since it was announced, and I don't care for the DLC.

And I couldn't care less about which one is better, for there is ultimately no better version. I am used to playing GTA games on a PS console. Simple. icon14.gif

So essentially the only reason is because your 360 could break. That's a legit reason, thank you.

Oh and the fact that you played the old ones on your PC has nothing to do with this, but you must be pretty hardcore!!!

Capricornus

So essentially the only reason is because your 360 could break. That's a legit reason, thank you.

Oh and the fact that you played the old ones on your PC has nothing to do with this, but you must be pretty hardcore!!!

Nah I said PS.

And I don't want it for the 360 because I just never had plans on getting it for the 360.

Edited by Capricornus

caprisig.jpg

GTA4formyps3

He said PS bro.

I actually decided on and bought a PS3 specifically for this game. I'm not going to lie and say there's no brand loyalty involved, but the deciding factor was pretty simple. At the end of the day, the 360 is just a game console--albeit a damn fine one--whereas the PS3 is a one-stop-shop for all of your home entertainment needs. I like built-in WiFi, I like a hard drive as standard equipment, I like free online (even if it is less user-friendly), and I really like Blu-Ray. I'm also very comfortable that developers have not even scratched the surface of the system's capabilities yet. It's newer, it's more powerful, and it's got nowhere to go but up. If that means I go without a few extra hours of story, I'm not too broken up about it.

This is just MS trying to boost their sales.

They will prob release more stuff later on. And now with the easy of things user created content will be avail too maybe.

So its just a matter of time to get stuff to the ps3 too.

It don't bother me much. Only way it would bother me is if it was a whole new area to explore. Also I never said to myself while playing past GTAs that I wish there was some extra content to download. I'll be satisfied with the final version of the game.

GTA4formyps3

This is just MS trying to boost their sales.

They will prob release more stuff later on. And now with the easy of things user created content will be avail too maybe.

So its just a matter of time to get stuff to the ps3 too.

I agree. I mean you dont know when the contract end date is right? Also what if sony put some money out for there own content and released no details?

I'm a PS3 and a 360 owner. My thing is... I hate to play a Playstation build game for another console. Like Devil May 4, I got it on PS3. And now GTAIV I will get it for PS3.

Nobby_McDonald

Microsoft paid to have exclusive downloadable content.

Now, obviously I'm not privvy to the details of the contract signed, but it seems to me that all that means is the PS3 can't have the same downloaded content as the 360. It is certainly possible that the PS3 could get different downloadable chapters of it's own.

tragicdwarf

It doesn't really bother me. GTA 4 is going to be a huge game and im going to take my time playing it. By the time ive got through it (it will take me months) PS3 will either have the DLC the xbox has or have its own DLC available.

One thing is for sure, Take Two/Rockstar wont be stupid enough not to try to make more money out of us PS3 users. And they know they've got a large pool of loyal custumers when it comes to Playstation.

Plus ive always played GTA on Playstation and ive always liked playstation. It would just feel wrong to play GTA 4 on an xbox, but thats just me.

tastywalnut4me

Just a heads up for the people saying the DLC is only two missions:

In an interview it was explicitly stated that the 2 episodes will equal around 20+ HOURS of content and will rival the length of the main storyline. Of course this doesnt look too important right now, as we all are salivating at the chance to get our fingers on the game itself, but I'm sure if you are into GTA enough to be on these forums, when youve beat the main storyline several times and your starting to tire of multiplayer, those extra episodes are going to look awfully tantilizing.