Shoot 'Em Up

DeeperRed

I went out and rented shoot 'em' up with a friend.

Got back whacked it in the dvd player. Know I wasn't expecting anything Epic or great, because it was a last minute choice.

Though I am so glad I chose it! It absolutely ROCKS, Its a movie that requires a tongue in the cheek and a beer in the hand. Its plot is weird but brilliant at the same time. The action sequences are just mind blowing over the top i.e Mr.Smith is having sex while blasting some folks when he is finished he blurts out "Talk about shooting your load! lol.gif . And its got so many on liners you'll be chocking with laughter on your Doritos! Clive Owen plays the part brilliantly as does Paul G! It has to be one of my favorite films and that is saying something because I am an extremely harsh judge on films.

If you haven't seen it, rent it.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif 5/5

Has anyone else seen it, did you like it?

Edited by DeeperRed

user posted image

It's "Talk about shooting your load.", muppet.

Awesome film, if you liked it, you'll like Crank as well.

scMmGsh.jpg

Napalm Jason

A bit off topic, did you know they're making a Crank 2? Apparently, Chev Chelios survived that 1,000 foot drop!

Edited by papanesta

user posted image

DEATH. METAL.

Thanks for the heads up on the quote and I also love crank, that film was epic

Nalpham you should have put spolier bracets around that so you don't ruin it for other people

user posted image

A bit off topic, did you know they're making a Crank 2? Apparently, Chev Chelios survived that 1,000 foot drop!

Haha, yeah. I was looking up Statham on IMDb when I was watching Transporter 2 the other night.

The storyline is... random, to say the least. biggrin.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

Crank sucked, Shoot 'Em Up was awesome.

That's how it goes. To specify, the plot in Crank was horrible, the plot in Shoot 'Em Up was great.

Napalm Jason

To specify, the plot in Crank was horrible,

Well, somebody missed the point of Crank.

user posted image

DEATH. METAL.

xNamexTakenx

I saw Shoot 'Em Up when it came out in theatres. I thought it was a great film! It was a cool idea and a lotta fun, too. I think Clive Owen is a great actor. This movie was non-stop action from beginning to end. I loved it! Its def. one of my fave movies of 2007. biggrin.gif

didn't like it. I know it's not suppossed to be taken seriously, but I didn't think it was that funny either.

GTA3Freak-2001

I really liked it it for the typical over the top action and Clive Owen is such a badass.

"Eat your vegetables!"

*slams a carrot through the back of some bad guy's head*

Absolutely priceless. Loved it. icon14.gif

I thought it was great. Paul Giamatti played a fantastic role in it, definitely his best film.

PortlandChainsawMasquerade

Crank sucked, Shoot 'Em Up was awesome.

That's how it goes.  To specify, the plot in Crank was horrible, the plot in Shoot 'Em Up was great.

I concur

Are you a pussy with a gun in your hand?

No... I'm a tough guy... with a pussy in my hand

Great one liners, Paul Giamatti's character was absolutely great

Like the part where he ran over the baby but it turned out to be fake and he was like ":O How could someone do such an awful thing!"

What amazed me is that Paul Giamatti seemed to carry on his charcter through "the making off Interviews", Maybe he just didn't want to lose character

user posted image

TenaciousD.

I saw this on a transatlantic flight, so my viewing was hardly a great quality. Half the screen was dark, the audio was terrible and it cut out every 2 or 3 minutes. Saying that, what I did see (managed to follow most of the plot and keep up) was very good. It purposly made fun of the action genre by finding any excuse to have a gunfight. Not the best film I have ever seen buy by no means the worst.

U8p4GiO.png

2ZqLHCC.png

JoeyLeone25

Haha, yeah. I was looking up Statham on IMDb when I was watching Transporter 2 the other night.

The storyline is... random, to say the least. biggrin.gif

Also both Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor have revealed that if Crank 2 is successful, then they will hope to make Crank 3 in 3-freankin'-D!

Oh, and on topic, I thought Shoot 'Em Up was a god-damn, brilliant, sit-back, chillax, and don't-think-back film. Pure action. No plot (well barely one). No narrative. And 100% of enjoyment.

GameChristopher

Such a great movie. Goes to show that if you have over-the-top action, sex, boobies, guns, explosions, absolutely no backstory, and vegetables, you can make one hell of a fun movie.

I thought Shoot em Up was absolutely horrible. I get that it was trying to be cheesy and stereotypical, but it tried too hard and the whole thing is just a ridiculous mess to me. Clive Owen made me cringe every time he said something. I had to creep into another movie just to get my money's worth.

Crank, I somewhat enjoyed. In general though, I'm not crazy about over-the-top action movies.

I thought Shoot em Up was absolutely horrible. I get that it was trying to be cheesy and stereotypical, but it tried too hard and the whole thing is just a ridiculous mess to me. Clive Owen made me cringe every time he said something. I had to creep into another movie just to get my money's worth.

Crank, I somewhat enjoyed. In general though, I'm not crazy about over-the-top action movies.

Agreed on both accounts.

Shoot 'Em Up was f*cking awful, and right up there with some of the worse movies I've seen. It wasn't even mindless action, it was just gimmicky action scenes in-between a really f*cking boring story. The acting was wooden, the stunts were crap, the effects were poor, and the carrot sh*t made me cringe it was so f*cking bad.

Crank was fun however.

Your opinions are all wrong.

FT2DB7K.png

Agreed on both accounts.

Shoot 'Em Up was f*cking awful, and right up there with some of the worse movies I've seen. It wasn't even mindless action, it was just gimmicky action scenes in-between a really f*cking boring story. The acting was wooden, the stunts were crap, the effects were poor, and the carrot sh*t made me cringe it was so f*cking bad.

Crank was fun however.

That line "Your Opinions are wrong" sounds like soemthing a communist would say.

Anyone can have a diffrent opinion

user posted image

Agreed on both accounts.

Crank was fun however.

That line "Your Opinions are wrong" sounds like soemthing a communist would say.

That line "something a communist would say" sounds like something Joseph McCarthy would say.

FT2DB7K.png

Agreed on both accounts.

Crank was fun however.

That line "something a communist would say" sounds like something Joseph McCarthy would say.

t was a joke man. I am not even american. I am British happy.gif

but seriosly though everbodys entitled to an opinion

user posted image