Changing the car to be replaced

TheWaddler

Im sorta new to modding. Can someone tell me what i would need to change if i download a car mod and want to replace a different car than what it is originally for. i know i would have to change the filenames (comet.dff to euros.dff) but what about the vehicle.ide lines and the rest? Or can't it be done. This is in San Andreas by the way.

Thanks.

TheWaddler

PS. Sorry if this has already been asked but the search was down.

Edited by TheWaddler

Drippin'187

yea this is simple. in the readme tht it gave yu for the mod, take watever lines needa be replaced, for example vehicles.ide

now look in there for the car that you did replace, guessing its the euros. once you find it change the line to the one that it gave you in the read me, and make sure at the front of the line it says euros instead of comet. do this to every line you needa replace and thats it

Thanks for the quick reply. so all i have to do is do a find and replace in the readme, eg. find comet and replace with euros. So i don't need to change any numbers or whateva.

To me tho, the number in front of the name is the ID tag -ish for that car. so i would have thought that you have to change that too, but then again i know jack about modding. Have you tried it and does it work, just checking i can't be bothered to install SA again if it crashes.

Thanks again.

Drippin'187

yes change the ID so your using euros ID number instead of comet, since your replacing euros not the comet, but all the other numbers in the line no you leave those the same. and yea itll work fine as long as everything put in right, ive done it before. create backups of the data files you edit just in case. if you cant get it, send me the read me as well as the files needed to be edited and ill do it

Drippin'187

alright lemme know what happens

Yeah it worked, thanks. i didn't think it would be that simple. One more question, do you have to pick a car with the same wheel base or something that you are going to replace so it isn't all mucked up, or not? Eg. can you install a mod like a 4x4 in place of the voodoo. That's the best i could explain it.

Thanks for all the help tho.

Drippin'187

you can replace any vehicle it wouldnt matter which one.

replacing the 4X4 with the voodoo shouldnt be a problem at all. im not 100% certain, but pretty sure it wont do anything wrong

if you try make sure to back up the files first

you can replace any vehicle it wouldnt matter which one.

replacing the 4X4 with the voodoo shouldnt be a problem at all. im not 100% certain, but pretty sure it wont do anything wrong

if you try make sure to back up the files first

It wouldn't be anything wrong. In San Andreas, it's fine to replace any car with any other one. Well it should because I replace the Linerunner with a Comet.

lol, a fine example, cheers.

This is definately the last question now, i switched the Euros with a Nissan Stagea GTR and i can't get into it. i just keep walking into it and pushing it. Any ideas why this is happening and what i could do to fix it?

Thanks.

Drippin'187

mayb locked?

use a trainer and spawn a euros to see if you can get in

lol, a fine example, cheers.

This is definately the last question now, i switched the Euros with a Nissan Stagea GTR and i can't get into it. i just keep walking into it and pushing it. Any ideas why this is happening and what i could do to fix it?

Thanks.

Maybe the steering wheel is on the right side? If that`s so, just replace handling line.

mayb locked?

use a trainer and spawn a euros to see if you can get in

Drivers seat offset distance is too small, you need to increase it in the handling line.

Not sure where it is in notepad as I use an editor.

You may find that you may be able to get in by standing on the roof of the car before pressing your enter button.

ah i see, thanks everyone. i didn't use the handling line that came with the car i used a custom drift handling line made by someone else, and it wasn't made for that car, so that's why. i'll get me a Handling Editor and edit it.

Thanks again.