Vista auto-locks after 1 minute idle

Picolini

Like the title says. My computer (running Vista Home Premium, 32-bit) all of the sudden started locking the user automatically after idling for 1 minute. It goes to the locked user screen, not locking up as in freezing up.

The only thing that I could think some how caused it was some Webcam my little brother tried to set up today (some POS LabTec thing). Could that camera's program be at fault? I can't seem to find an answer on google about this.

Help!

EDIT:

Solved it

tounge.gif

Sorry for the thread, I should have tried what I did first. I just set a screen saver up and it doesn't do it anymore. Still an odd bug that came out of seemingly nowhere... oh well, all fixed.

Edited by Picolini

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Like the title says. My computer (running Vista Home Premium, 32-bit) all of the sudden started locking the user automatically after idling for 1 minute. It goes to the locked user screen, not locking up as in freezing up.

The only thing that I could think some how caused it was some Webcam my little brother tried to set up today (some POS LabTec thing). Could that camera's program be at fault? I can't seem to find an answer on google about this.

Help!

EDIT:

Solved it

tounge.gif

Sorry for the thread, I should have tried what I did first. I just set a screen saver up and it doesn't do it anymore. Still an odd bug that came out of seemingly nowhere... oh well, all fixed.

Ok, but if you turn the screensaver off does it lock up again?

I'm just saying, sounds rigged up if the screensaver has to be on for your pc not to lock. tounge.gif

SyphonPayne

Odd, I know you can set the screen saver to lock the pc and ask for the password upon termination of the screen saver, but I never knew it could just lock without even using a screen saver.

It's all the weird "user friendly" power settings. Screwed me up for a while, too.