Any word on a highway?

GTALabel

One similar to the one in San Andreas and Saints Row. Will GTA IV have some sort of highway?

FACTORYBLACK

Honestly I don't know but the last thing we need is another highway system like SA cause all the AI cars would do is crash.

.Up&Coming.

Ugh. I really hope not. With increased traffic AND stupid AI (hopefully not), it would completely suck. But I do like to laugh at all the random car accidents.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

There were a number of highways on the leaked map, but i'm not allowed to list them. And it was pretty obvious from the start that there would be highways since New York City is full of them.

I hope there is a highway. I love standing ontop of cars as they drive on the highway, then i'd shoot the tires of the cars behind me. They'd go spinning and flipping. With the new car physics I think we can create pile ups. That would be freakin sweet biggrin.gif

yea there will be, i've seen the map and there is a couple of them. you can see one in the toll booth scene in the second trailer.

alien.gif That ''commercial'' thing featured quite a large highway, I believe. The bus scene.

PolishAssassin03
Honestly I don't know but the last thing we need is another highway system like SA cause all the AI cars would do is crash.

Highways are the basic way of transportation you can't say that you haven't used one in any gta's before and they would have fixed AI so i doubt there will be any crashes unless on purpose to add some game detail.

crobert0247

There is the Algonquin - Dukes Expressway which runs from Algonquin east to Francis International Airport in Dukes. colgate.gif

They confirmed that there will be accidents like in real life. A ped will sometimes run a red light and bam! yup accidents.

How do you know that? GTA IV is a whole different generation from SA. And usually when somebody stops abruptly on a highway cars do crash into one another.

And yes, there is gonna be a little highway I think. I've seen it in one of the screenshots from the Liberty City quiz on the official website.

There are a lot of highways in NY In QUeens You have the Long Island Expressway LIE, and the Belt Parkway, in Brooklyn you have The Brooklyn Queens Expressway BQE, in Staten Island you have the varizzono highway, and in the Bronx there is the State Highway going into NY State, and in Manhattan you have the West Side Highway and the FDR Drive. Im a New Yorker so I would know and more than likely there are many highways in Liberty City becuase they are a big part of NYC cool.gif

user posted image

I think I KNOW why you made this topic but I mentioned the subject plenty of times last year, about this time.

When we saw the first LC displays, but one really only need to see the toll booth scene in trailer #2. Answers the question fairly well! biggrin.gif

I think I KNOW why you made this topic but I mentioned the subject plenty of times last year, about this time.

When we saw the first LC displays, but one really only need to see the toll booth scene in trailer #2. Answers the question fairly well! biggrin.gif

ive already seen the maps if that is what you mean

yea there will be, i've seen the map and there is a couple of them. you can see one in the toll booth scene in the second trailer.

Beat me to it!

BTW,

I have no problem at all with those LS and LV car crashes, that was hours and hours of laughs provided in SA!

You don't know how to enjoy GTA if that was a PITA for you!! wow.gif

Yeah, I hope they made a copy of the LIE. This way you could sit in traffic just like in real life!! The LIE, the world's biggest parking lot.

FACTORYBLACK

Highways are the basic way of transportation you can't say that you haven't used one in any gta's before and they would have fixed AI so i doubt there will be any crashes unless on purpose to add some game detail.

yea I understand the need for highways I mean I loved using the ones in SA but every second on the highway it seemed like someone would just kamakazee their car into an almost stopped car on the highway.

I hope there is a highway. I love standing ontop of cars as they drive on the highway, then i'd shoot the tires of the cars behind me. They'd go spinning and flipping. With the new car physics I think we can create pile ups. That would be freakin sweet biggrin.gif

I'm livin for the day! I loved landing the planes on the highways, so choppers will have to suffice.

I was not referring to the maps, BTW, the trailer Looking for Someone Special! colgate.gif

Yeah, I hope they made a copy of the LIE. This way you could sit in traffic just like in real life!! The LIE, the world's biggest parking lot.

DUDE not true i live by the LIE like right by it I live next to Queens College in Flushing and everything is always moving confused.gif

I dont know about you but I thought it was funny. biggrin.gif

TheDude5000

There'll probably be some sort of Long Island Expressway sort of thing. I saw the maps plenty of times but I didn't specifically look for highways. I don't wanna ruin the suprise or anything.

user posted image