This is creeping me the hell out.

Tsuroki

Maybe it's the fact that it's five in the morning, maybe it's the fact that I'm tired as hell, or maybe it's the fact that I'm tired as hell at five in the morning. It could be anything, really... all I know is that this painting/video is creeping me out.

It's probably been circulating on the web for a little while now, but that's hardly the issue. What's concerning me at the moment is that this thing is going to give me fuggin' nightmares. I realize that we have a YouTube topic and all, but seriously, this is one of the few things I've seen on the web that creep me out enough to justify a topic of their own.

*shivers*

zUd3j4P.png

Just watched the video, maybe it was because it was without sound, but it didn't do anything for me sorry. I went and watched it again with the sound but the effect was gone. I just don't get it I think.

user posted image

This reminded me of some topic a few months back with a different haunted painting. It had no effect on me whatsoever. I just don't see what's so scary about something someone painted. tounge.gif

My 4 1/2 year old sister claimed that there was a deer and a bear fighting on our doorstep when I was visiting my family for christmas 2 years ago. Sorry mate. I see nothing scary or odd here.

Photographs and paintings of people always scare the sh*t out of me when I'm alone. Same goes for little statues and figures and sh*t. Maybe that's why I get so squeamish watching this thing.

zUd3j4P.png

kevin2006rhs

Its the music. Has to be.

On another note: Whoever hangs that up in their home is f*ckin insane. Its one odd painting. I would hate to be in the mind of the artist when he painted that thing.

chris cambo

dozingoff.gif Its weird but not scary. I dont believe the part about children screaming out when they see the picture because i showed my 11 year old brother it and he said "well what the hell is scary about that".

So if you scream or get a chill of this piscture you have the balls of a 10 year old tounge.gif

user posted image

I think it's pretty stupid. Add eerie music and you can make almost anything seem creepy. I watched Sweeney Todd earlier today, talk about creepy (good movie though).

As an art lover I find this an amazing piece of work, mostly because it is the sort of painting I love... It has a lot of stories in it and I do agree, if you had this up on your wall, you lived alone and it was inthe middle of the night, it'd be somewhat scary. The way the boy stares, and the girl/doll's face... I love it biggrin.gif

Blind Joe Death

I was almost certain that was going to be a screamer, luckily it wasn't but I was so certain I had to mute the video and look through it before watching it with full attention.

Anyway, it didn't freak me out at all. Sure the kid was creepy and the what looked like to be dead bodies behind the door was rather odd but it's nothing to get scared about.

Don't worry Andy, I'm sure you'll be okay. The little boy won't come to your house to kill you.

Ya Mum comforts Andy

Claude GTA3

It's not scary at all, I even asked my 10 year old brother who is afraid of his shadow...he's really a scaredycat. He replied: "Is this supposed to be scary?".

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Macintire Sniper

Nah sorry mate, it just didn't do anything for me. As someone else said, put a couple of 'legend has it' lines and some eerie music and anything can appear creepy. This picture doesn't though, I think its quite a good piece of artwork.

Adam Jensen

I think that painting looks evil. I sure dont wanna have that in my house. The painting looks kinda lonely in a creepy way. Not like a beautiful lake or mountain or something like that, it looks abandoned and dead. And freaky looking kid with a blind puppet doesn't really help cry.gif

I love the music.

I would like to take the painting with me in a public building and just push it in everyones faces, and see their reaction.

That picture was creepy, but I'm sure if it was five o'clock in the morning and no one was around it would be terrifying. It's that boy staring, I swear.

tuff_luv_capo

I think it's the fact that it looks so normal from a distance, but up close everything is just wrong.

Taste Of Chaos
dozingoff.gif Its weird but not scary. I dont believe the part about children screaming out when they see the picture because i showed my 11 year old brother it and he said "well what the hell is scary about that".

So if you scream or get a chill of this piscture you have the balls of a 10 year old tounge.gif

sh*t, I've been rumbled.

Meh, didn;t really creep me out. Just abit weird.

Opportunity knocks once in a lifetime, temptation will lean on the doorbell.

I think it's the fact that it looks so normal from a distance, but up close everything is just wrong.

This. I didn't notice any differences until it shows up close of the boy and doll's faces. notify.gif

Creepy.

Prince Drac

Might be because we don't have the actual piece in front of us for it to affect us. Hard to believe the part about the effect on kids. As for adults, if you try thinking about what went through the mind of the artist when he created the work, it would definately creep someone out.

BuffaloSoldier

The girl is a doll, and the boy just had warheads, making his face smushed up. Perfect explanation.

Is it just me, or does the face of the boy bear a resemblance to Dubya?

Just watched the video, maybe it was because it was without sound, but it didn't do anything for me sorry. I went and watched it again with the sound but the effect was gone. I just don't get it I think.

I'm not trying to like...attack you...but why do you and so many other people watch videos on the internet without your speakers on? I know so many people that do this. Are some people so uneducated in the arts that they believe audio does not play as important of a role as video? Audio is so important that I have always contended it is more important than the video. Music has stirred emotions of human beings for thousands of years. Maybe I'm reaching a bit too deep.

But yes, the music here was great.

Is it just me, or does the face of the boy bear a resemblance to Dubya?

No just you, I was thinking that.

That doll's face is just f*cking creepy though. Not right.

The video wasn't too bad, defiantly a weird piece regardless of it's ghostly haunting. What I didn't really understand was the red light on the dolls face. Was it some kind of special red light, or just any colored light bulb will make her look all trippy?

ije3Gsb.png

Forehead? More like a five head.

If I was watching that video at five in the morning, right before going to sleep, I'd be creeped out. But that's coming from the guy who jerks off to- who cuddles with his girlfriend and stares into her eyes while whispering sweet nothings in her ears.

I think that painting looks evil. I sure dont wanna have that in my house. The painting looks kinda lonely in a creepy way. Not like a beautiful lake or mountain or something like that, it looks abandoned and dead. And freaky looking kid with a blind puppet doesn't really help cry.gif

I agree with you, I feel despaired just by looking at it. That painting reminds me of some nightmares I had a while ago...

SyphonPayne

It was pretty creepy last night AKA 5am in the morning for me too.

What a weird coincidence, I didn't post last night because I was pooped.

Watching it today, it's a weird vid, but not quite so creepy (possibly because it's daytime.)

topdogkiller

The music did it for me a little. Looks pretty freaky but not scary.