Sony HDTV

Moonjellie

If you want the top quality HDTV's buy a Sony. Sony makes the best televisions on the market. This is fact, not opinion. The mirrors they use are so crisp and amazing that 1080p and 1080i look amazing. 30" TV's will be 720p upconverted to 1080i, 36" and above are 1080p which looks awesome. Get Monster Cable HDMI cables for top quality. Price range $80-$120. The XBR's (extra brightness) are the best Sony's. 18000:1 ratio. Sale price of $2000 for the XBR4. Reg price $2500. Then you have the 30" BRAVIA which is very nice.

After you purchase a Sony TV, you can look up online how to calibrate the television to perfection, allowing your HDTV to work at maximum capability.

Do not get me wrong though. I know others that have Samsung and Sharp HDTV's and they look amazing. Sony's just have that extra kick, but of course it's all what you want for yourself.

If you want the top quality HDTV's buy a Sony. Sony makes the best televisions on the market. This is fact, not opinion. The mirrors they use are so crisp and amazing that 1080p and 1080i look amazing. 30" TV's will be 720p upconverted to 1080i, 36" and above are 1080p which looks awesome. Get Monster Cable HDMI cables for top quality. Price range $80-$120. The XBR's (extra brightness) are the best Sony's. 18000:1 ratio. Sale price of $2000 for the XBR4. Reg price $2500. Then you have the 30" BRAVIA which is very nice.

After you purchase a Sony TV, you can look up online how to calibrate the television to perfection, allowing your HDTV to work at maximum capability.

Do not get me wrong though. I know others that have Samsung and Sharp HDTV's and they look amazing. Sony's just have that extra kick, but of course it's all what you want for yourself.

you work for sony dont you

wow i feel like a scrumptous dinkwad. This was supposed to be a reply, not a topic. Big freakin ha

Nothing to do with GTA everything to do with advertising, by the way Sony uses Hitachi patents in thier sets, Hitachi is the leader in HD tech.

Get Monster Cable HDMI cables for top quality. Price range $80-$120.

I hate to disagree, but the HDMI cables you use don't make a difference, they either give you a signal, or they don't.

But I do agree, Sony makes some of the best TV's.

Nothing to do with GTA everything to do with advertising, by the way Sony uses Hitachi patents in thier sets, Hitachi is the leader in HD tech.

its a mistake. You know, like when people purchase an Xbox 360 - mistake.

Johnny Burbank

Sony TVs look best in the store b/c they are made to look great in stores with their bright colors and vibrant colors, etc. When you get them home, they are not the best picture for normal everyday viewing.

Plasmas are the best for movies, without a doubt. LCDs and all the rest cannot produce natural flesh tones and natural colors with the realism of a plasma.

But LCDs are good for videogames and cartoons and stuff like that b/c they are very bright and colorful. So I think a Sony would be a good buy if you use it mainly for gaming. Otherwise, buy a Panasonic or Pioneer plasma if movie watching is your main thing.

Probono Giggalo

yah sonys are great if you like over paying for less features.....

do your own research, look at what tvs placed in the top 5 across the board on consumer reports, ill give you a hint, sony only took one spot. id go with a pioneer elite if i wanted to overpay for a tv over a sony anyday. id say samsung probablly has the best balance of price, quality, and features (and then again this is personal preference after you get to a certain level of display).

and you cant just go and look up how to calibrate your tv on the net, you have to get a professional calibrator like a spyder or something of the sort, seeing as most tvs even in the same model have differences that wont let a basic tv profile for picture work across the board.

overall, topic is epic fail. littered with a sony tv fanboys tyrant as to why the $2500 he spent on a tv is worth it.

and i dont even think philips made it into the top 10 of ANY tvs to buy (RPTV, LCD, PLASMA, or CRTV) nlite, but like i said after a certain level its all personal preference

Edited by Probono Giggalo

Panasonic, man. Never had problems with them.

Sony always makes trouble. Philips products are half-finished. Samsung cameras aren't the best out there, so I'm sticking with Panasonic, whose VCR I still have and which works like wonder. And an SDTV of theirs that I still have is awesome, I mean, they know how to make it totally functional unlike Philips. It's the small details that other companies don't pay attention to when it comes to functionality with TVs that Panasonic does. Well, Sony's been pretty good as well, but I hate their guts for them displaying their hatred for their customers in public.

I lol'd. lol.gif

How do you create a new thread title it, post in it and not realize you did so? your momma smoking crack before you were born was the mistake.

Probono Giggalo

yes PLEASE show me where to sign up for a system thats meant to play movies, not games. i mean are there even any games worth wiping your ass with on the POS3? dont get me wrong ill get one too eventually, but im getting it for BLUERAY, like most will be doing, dont get it twisted. you may have the more powerful system, you may have blueray, but i get to have the complete GTA experience when that downloadable content comes out, while your still looking for a game to play besides GTA on your PS3.

but hey have fun with the gems that are warhawk and uncharted!!!

i see your idiotic ways are not only limited to your tv selection, but your gamesystem selection as well. i bet you have bananas in pajamas in your dvd collection too (dont get me wrong i do too, but i have 2 kids 5 yrs and younger)

Edited by Probono Giggalo

but i get to have the complete GTA experience when that downloadable content comes out, while your still looking for a game to play besides GTA on your PS3.

You forgot MGS4 dozingoff.gif

Anyways,

I don't like the Sony LCD's too much, they are pretty overpriced and I think that there are a lot cheaper LCD's that are cheaper and better. I have a 42" Hitachi Plasma and I'm totally satisfacted with it.

How do you create a new thread title it, post in it and not realize you did so? your momma smoking crack before you were born was the mistake.

Maybe because the "Add Reply" button and the "New Topic" buttons are right next to each other.

Edited by soleil

@ topicstarter:

your a f*cking idiot.

i have a 27" philips.

its 1080i so i don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

my tv looks just perfect.

Not that this has anything to do with GTA IV. First, I have a Sony Bravia 40" X, so thanks for the info even though I knew it. Second, the monster cables suck. All they are is good build quality. You can get any HDMI cable, and it will work the exact same as any other HDMI cable. I got a $15 cable and it still puts out 1080p.

This should be Tech and PC Chat as well.

There have been tests done where people are unable to discern the difference between monster cables and coat hangers. It's on Consumerist.com somewhere.

Anyway, not GTAIV specific, Mov'd

ILovePolarBears

HDMI cables are lossless. When buying HDMI cables, find the cheapest price at the length you need and be satisfied; if you buy anything more expensive you're a sucker.

As for LCDs, though my TVs are from Sony and Toshiba, my computer monitors (a trio of 'em) are all Samsung. I want to have Samsung's babies.