What d'you think of East-Europe setting in GTA IV?

Eradan

I mean that it is Liberty City, of course, but main characters are from the Eastern Europe. How do you feel about that? What do you know about the region and it's people? I saw a great deal of English-speaking movies about criminals where Russian gansters only drink vodka, speak with a funny accent and murder people - the last one was called 'Eastern Promises' (piece o'crap imho). And no movie has ever shown smth real about Russians. Maybe Rockstar will finally break down the stereotypes? (I really hope so).

GTA will never be set in a non-English speaking country and I doubt it will ever be set away from America.

It's cool, I've been waiting for them to do something involving eastern european gangs(prob. since gta 3). So I'm more than happy about it. For the next games I hope they make: 1. a southeast asian character and 2. a latin american character

Then all my dreams will be recognized.

(and btw this game is more geared towards western audiences, so don't get your hopes up on R* cutting down on the stereotypes)

@ mrernie did you even read the post?

dantheleedsman
GTA will never be set in a non-English speaking country and I doubt it will ever be set away from America.

think ur in the wrong topic buddy

As long as the caharcter is fun to play and watch i have no problem with him bein from Eastern Europe. But i do believe one day they will set a game in britain and perhaps Australia. But most of the city settings will stay based on america.

@ ichizuzu I'm also sure next GTA game will have main character from

South-East Asia. And of your signature: what russian rap did you mean?

Rockstar, if you hear me, please don't use the stereotypes. I just won't bear another vodka-drinking unshaved gorillas. nervous.gif

R* is all about stereotypes, though. That's what makes the game so hilarious! III, VC and SA are all stereotypical cities for their respective eras; III was dark and gritty, its denizens general wackjobs just floating around (a take on NYC's resident population); VC everyone was on, about, or into the coke industry and pastel colored clothing and bright beaches and whatnot; SA was about the gang culture- thats just how R* gets down. I for one, like it.

I think having an Eastern Euro character is cool; Niko seems like a bad ass with maybe a touch of conscience? I dunno...I can't wait to find out tho.