Don't You /just Love 360's?

hughesie27

Yep today it happened. The dreaded red ring of death found its way on my 360. I was playing Call Of Duty a few days ago and during an online match it froze and my controller was vibrating constantly. Then I went to play Pro Evolution 08 and it freezes at the begining of one of the matches. Both times I switched it off and it seemed to work fine (with COD4) but with Pro Evo it crashed again. Now I get the 3 red lights when I turn it on. What can I do now?

Am I totally goosed for GTA now? No chance they will get it back to me in time?

longer you wait to send it back the less likely it is for you to get it back in time.

Wow thats bad seeing your gamerscore looks like you havnt had it for long you should get it back before GTA as the whole replacing process takes around 2-3 weeks, *waits for ps3 fans to say should of got ps3*

longer you wait to send it back the less likely it is for you to get it back in time.

Yeah I agree.

Send it back to them as quickly as possible mate. There's only 25 days left!!!!!

kawasakirider

Don't sweat it man. Ring MS, I did, they were very helpful. They will pay for postage and whatnot and fix it for free. I am willing to bet you will have it back in time if you get it out this week or early next week.

Ohh, to bad for u man.

u can send it back to microsoft right? donno how long it takes to get it back:/

Here is a trick that seems to work, it won´t get fixed but u can play for a couple more days

Yep today it happened. The dreaded red ring of death found its way on my 360. I was playing Call Of Duty a few days ago and during an online match it froze and my controller was vibrating constantly. Then I went to play Pro Evolution 08 and it freezes at the begining of one of the matches. Both times I switched it off and it seemed to work fine (with COD4) but with Pro Evo it crashed again. Now I get the 3 red lights when I turn it on. What can I do now?

Am I totally goosed for GTA now? No chance they will get it back to me in time?

BTW where did you get the 360? i'm not sure but you may be able to take it to the store you got it and get another one free

Only had it since the end of last year. Bought it new. I heard that sometimes it just too hot? Might fix itself?

With that 3 year warranty thing is it as soon as you buy the console or was I meant to apply for the warranty.

Being too hopeful?

I don't think it takes 25 days so you still quite a bit of time before april 29th. Should have got a ps3 hehe. (Read my sig) Yeah the white intercooler thing that you can buy sucks but, I had it on for awhile and it was freezing like 4 times a day. Then I took it off and now I can go a whole day without it freezing or sometimes once.

Edited by Xboxless

el1e0jer0qpyjd2fg.jpg

Get it fixed ASAP. If it isnt done in time for GTA then play on a friends copy (if the're getting it).

I bought it from GAME but don't have the reciept. Any chance they will give me another one?

I bought it from GAME but don't have the reciept. Any chance they will give me another one?

Go down there and try, you have nothing to lose smile.gif

I would first FIND THE RECIEPT!!!

then ring the store you brought it from to see if they have a replacment policy?

then ring XBOX support

if all these fail make sure you have accidental accident home insurance and accidently drop the console down the stairs.

or buy a ps3 tounge2.gif

I am one of the few PS3 owners that's had to send theirs in for repair. My BluRay drive started buzzing bad and scratching discs (DVD only). Sony was wicked easy to work with, though; and it took just 12 days, including time in transit, to get my replacement. I think Sony had it in their hands for a total of about 32 hours. So, my experience with trade in was prompt, but I don't know how MS is, especially since they have a much larger amount of repairs to process.

I'll try GAME but if they say no then do I just send it right back to Microsoft or should I have bought that warranty thing?

I'll try GAME but if they say no then do I just send it right back to Microsoft or should I have bought that warranty thing?

Well if game say no then your goign to have to send it to MS, if you have the RRoD the warranty is boosted from 1 year to 3 years

Get it fixed ASAP. If it isnt done in time for GTA then play on a friends copy (if the're getting it).

Or just wait.

Missing the date of the release won't be the end of the world.

Anyways,take it in to be fixed is a good objective.

Missing the date of the release won't be the end of the world.

yes, yes it will

I got my 360 January 2007 from GAME, so if it got RRoD do you think they will replace my console?

I would like that so it's an updated console, lol.

I've got the receipt and stuff.

Ive had mine for 1 year 9 months and mine finally got the ring of death a week ago.I got it working with the towel but it crapped out twice.Today i rang up.

Id get your xbox in as soon as possible.As even i am skeptical as to whether they will have it back to me by the 29th.They said 2-3 weeks so i can only pray.

edit:Phsych you will be good.I dont think game will take it back,reciept or not.Xbox definately will but you will face a couple of weeks wait.

You don't actually need a reciept. You jsut need proof of purchase which can be as simple as a mate coming along with you as a witness and saying, yep, he bought it from here on this day at roughly this time.

That's why I'm getting a PS3. tounge.gif

Fanboys, ACTIVATE!

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... you made me laugh...........

I don't think it takes 25 days so you still quite a bit of time before april 29th. Should have got a ps3 hehe. (Read my sig) Yeah the white intercooler thing that you can buy sucks but, I had it on for awhile and it was freezing like 4 times a day. Then I took it off and now I can go a whole day without it freezing or sometimes once.

yeah, those things keep it cool but blow the power supply. damned if you do, damned if you don't... I got the newer 45nm dye one, and I dun think I have to worry about the RRoD at all o.o

there is only one thing to do..........buy a ps3

Actually my PS3 bricked 2 weeks ago, picked up a 360 last friday.

PS3 was outta warranty, XBOX 360 has got 3 years warranty, I was sold when I found that out.

user posted image

That's why I'm getting a PS3.  tounge.gif

Fanboys, ACTIVATE!

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... you made me laugh...........

He's right though.

This RRoD bashing will never end. cool.gif