4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BLlTZ

SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition

KubaTaky

Great Job BLITZ !

BLlTZ

I recorded and finished the video. It is already uploaded from some of days now and I'm at 70% of writting down my thoughts. Nope, using the voice wasn't an options, although the tutorial is detailed and I will do my thing to explain all, correctly. Annotations option has to be enabled in order to see my writting.

Maybe this time everyone will understand better on how to install these stuff.

Here is the video:

Direct Link:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE] Edited by BLlTZ

Jestic

You have to generate texture-Lod with a special program. I have very less information on how these LODs are generated with whatever program is out there,

3Ds Max presumably. When you have a lod model that has the same silhouette as your non lod model, you can bake your textures with the render to texture function. It will project the textures from your non lod (any number amount of textures) to your lod, as a singular texture, or more if you desire. The lod model would first need to be unwrapped though (or you can automate unwrapping, but not recommended).

juanjopypl

looks good!

dxivilea

Is the update with LOD textures with mip maps out yet?

BLlTZ

Included/made/fixed/added/ in the Bonus folder of this lastest version.

dxivilea

Included/made/fixed/added/ in the Bonus folder of this lastest version.

I installed it and only a small amount of the lods have mip maps :/

BLlTZ

Show me pics of where. I mipmaped all the "necessary" LOD textures from SRt3 who had resolution between 256x512/512x512/512x1024/1024x1024. Default textures of the game are already mipmaped by R*.

dxivilea

Show me pics of where. I mipmaped all the "necessary" LOD textures from SRt3 who had resolution between 256x512/512x512/512x1024/1024x1024. Default textures of the game are already mipmaped by R*.

They are around LA. Some textures don't have mip maps at all or very low. How did you create them?

I think this tool would be the best - http://gtaforums.com/topic/554310-iiivcsareldds2txd-wtd2txd/

Extracting the txds (all of them at once automatically) to dds and then applying mip maps and everything needed to them and automatically making a txd. It's almost no work, but it takes a lot of time.

BLlTZ

If you don't show me pics, I'm not going around in circles to assume where the issue might be, otherwise I'm not going to help you further than this.

Edited by BLlTZ

dxivilea

0821cb333338768.jpg c40677333338790.jpg c46bc0333338799.jpg 21fc3b333338807.jpg 7a6a4d333338813.jpg 4dbf08333338821.jpg 468b59333338831.jpg ec44d0333338837.jpg 089d9e333338844.jpg 6cb3fd333338854.jpg

KELASHI

Here needs to be checked.672A786E8BA4bug_zpsc5b388a2.png

btw, do you guys have problem about memory2048 ? I'm using srt3 & lod mod with trees . During a long range flight , with the memory usage exceeds 1700000KB . The game refuses to show textures for a few seconds, then crashes.

BLlTZ

Hmm, that might be a one of those glitches by R* when the texture streches as the poly was set incorrectly. Something that Flame is fixing on his HRT. Whatever texture I could use there, it will always going to look like that. You have to use a texture which is plain/blank colored like a cartoon in style, but that is not appropriate.

How much memory RAM do you actually have. I have 4GB. That's 1.7GB there.

Edited by BLlTZ

KELASHI

I have 8GB.

Now using memory1024 to restrict the usage , no crashes. It seems the SA program can't manage too many memory.

BLlTZ

Have you tried with memory512 instead :-?

KELASHI

Yes, but memory512 is not enough for me--large not loaded when look behind. Actually, memory1024 is enough and stable. Nevermind.

BLlTZ

Added external links from Strategy Informer. I've been following them for quite of time and now I consider worth mentioning them. They know how to do their job real nicely with presentation and all.

Full: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/grandtheftautosanandreas/mod/51950.html

Patch:http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/grandtheftautosanandreas/mod/52522.html

Cadby

thanks blitz, this melted my heart <3

pleas reply if ur still alive

1oHnR.png

BLlTZ

Is not like I'm going anywhere right :)

And for those who are using Lod Mod, try this new configuration. I can't start the game with the older settings anymore. I could increase stability and performance on heavy modded SA while using both of my mods. Could or not.

[MAIN]enable=1patch_tobjs=1patch_lods=0patch_generic=0patch_all_normal=0 //do not use at the same time with patch_generic=1[TOBJS]tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 0.0[LODS]lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 6000.0lods_new_draw_distance = 6000.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored[OBJS]max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 6000.0 // it's better not to touch it at allgeneric_new_draw_distance = 6000.0normal_new_draw_distance = 6000.0
Edited by BLlTZ

KELASHI

Did you try patch_all_normal=1? It has use of trees lod mod but not only affects trees.

Reno33

What effect got set to 1 " activate patch_all_normal "?

And, are the tutorial in progress for combinated installation of SRT 2014+Lod and Oblivion/Bsor?

jochuan

works with weak computers? 2gb ram e 1.60ghz

TJGM

How does Open Limit Adjuster compare to 512MB.cs ?

Open Limit Adjuster doesn't have a limit for streaming memory..

Ursu JR.

How can i download this mod ,i don't see link for download.

BLlTZ

Hmm, it seems that the download links were erased somehow, maybe during the movement of the entire mod showroom, but doesn't mean I blame someone. Thanks for show this up.

BLlTZ

Hey everyone, as some of you notice or maybe not that in the last few months my activity was low. I came to tell that I no longer have a PC anymore. Is impossible to buy a new one. I've been using from september until middle november one of those very old tube monitors for just little while. I do belive that I will have the possibity to buy a new PC maybe after 5 will pass from this point but the actual reality is that will take longer that I predict. This is the end of it. I don't have a wi-fi device. I'm using the free one from my block but the connection is poor. All I will do is to visit from time to time this place using the phone I've got, to see how thins are, but with minimum help.

Is been 5 weeks since I no longer have a PC.

Edited by BLlTZ

Fantomax

I'll suggest to pass the mod to someone who is trustworthy.

It's a shame if you leave :^:

Thanks for the contribution

The_GTA

Great mod, BLITZ! This is my favourite texture mod for San Andreas out of all.

When I have been testing this mod, I realized that textures still appear grainy, even if I enable anisotropy (very high fx quality). It turns out that many textures in the game are not yet using mipmaps. When I set the FX quality to low, I realized that no texture is using mipmaps, due to misconfiguration of the TXD files. This means that low-end hardware will have a tough time rendering with these textures.

This is not a severe problem, I guess. But I think it deserves attention. It could be the finishing touch to your mod.

To fix this problem, I recommend that after installing Srt3, all textures be passed through my TxdGen tool. I promise that it is going to make a difference in visual quality (to the better). If requested I may do a comparison video of scenes that are affected by the grain the most.

Preferably BLITZ should upload a fixed version of this mod, if he wants to.

Edited by The_GTA