Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,703 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BLlTZ

SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition

BLlTZ

I haven't verified SA-MP from long time. Which version are you playing with since I'm interested to know about. This only happens when you're having SRt3+Lod Mod installed ? It could be server map issue. I don't have an actual asnwer at the moment.

CmdrSharp

I haven't verified SA-MP from long time. Which version are you playing with since I'm interested to know about. This only happens when you're having SRt3+Lod Mod installed ? It could be server map issue. I don't have an actual asnwer at the moment.

Latest (0.3x). It's not a matter of the map, but with the latest SA-MP version, you can attach objects to a player. In this case, he was holding a hammer. I haven't verified any other objects causing this issue but the hammer so far.

As soon as he removed the hammer, the huge building disappeared.

TJGM

Not sure if BLITZ added any new objects with new ID's. But it sounds like SAMP is using an ID that he's already using for that object, so instead of the hammer spawning it spawns in the building. I could be wrong though.

BLlTZ

Right on, James.

There wasn't any possibility other than recreating six missing LOD objects of the game only through adding new ID's. Not only that, but I used the method on which COL files aren't request. I tried to simplify things.

CmdrSharp

Right on, James.

There wasn't any possibility other than recreating six missing LOD objects of the game only through adding new ID's. Not only that, but I used the method on which COL files aren't request. I tried to simplify things.

So, by not adding the six extra located in the Misc - New Objects folder, the issue will disappear?

How will this affect the rest of the install?

If not, is there any other way to fix this issue? The issue makes the LOD mod useless in MP, and without it, I have white building textures at semi-distances, which will also get on my nerves.

Edited by CmdrSharp

BLlTZ

It'll not work anymore. The mod is supported by those files. Read my ReadMe.txt for more details FAQ. I've wrote there about this a lot.

For example, SA-MP has CUSTOM.IDE were Robanswe fixed some white lod issue of SA-MP that weren't related to the mod. Check out if there are new IDE/IPL files installed by SA-MP and find out if the ID's 18631 up to 18636 are being used and switch the hammer object with 18637 to fix the problem, if you find anything, at least.

CmdrSharp

It'll not work anymore. The mod is supported by those files. Read my ReadMe.txt for more details FAQ. I've wrote there about this a lot.

For example, SA-MP has CUSTOM.IDE were Robanswe fixed some white lod issue of SA-MP that weren't related to the mod. Check out if there are new IDE/IPL files installed by SA-MP and find out if the ID's 18631 up to 18636 are being used and switch the hammer object with 18637 to fix the problem, if you find anything, at least.

Right, so SAMP.ide shows a couple of objects in that range. Can I set the hammer and the following that are also obtrusive to your mod to anything? SAMP currently uses 18632 to 19521. Can I set the hammer (for example) to 19522, without that messing anything up?

TJGM

Right, so SAMP.ide shows a couple of objects in that range. Can I set the hammer and the following that are also obtrusive to your mod to anything? SAMP currently uses 18632 to 19521. Can I set the hammer (for example) to 19522, without that messing anything up?

19522 could already be used by San Andreas. Here's a list of unused ID's. http://gtaforums.com/topic/488464-free-ids-in-un-modded-sanandreas/

Edited by TheJAMESGM

CmdrSharp

19522 could already be used by San Andreas. Here's a list of unused ID's. http://gtaforums.com/topic/488464-free-ids-in-un-modded-sanandreas/

So according to that list, the range 18631-19999 is free. Now obviously, most of them are not due to SA-MP, but will it make an actual difference if I switch the hammer to another, free ID, other than that it will no longer collide with this mod? It won't mess anything else up, of course assuming the ID I pick is not in use by anything else?

TJGM

Well you said your game was unmodded and only had SRT and the LOD mod. So most of the ID's should be free other than the ones used by samp and the LOD mod. Just make sure when you choose a new ID for the hammer that another SAMP object isn't already using that ID.

CmdrSharp

Well you said your game was unmodded and only had SRT and the LOD mod. So most of the ID's should be free other than the ones used by samp and the LOD mod. Just make sure when you choose a new ID for the hammer that another SAMP object isn't already using that ID.

Awesome! Thanks for the help fella', of course thanks also goes to BLITZ! :)

BLlTZ

Don't forget to come back here and mention if you manage to fix this. I'm interested to know the results.

Robanswe

Hello, Just like to say that I'm still alive and I check in here once every now and then. Anyway it's great to hear that you are still making good progress with this mod Blitz I'm looking forward to the final version:) I haven't been playing a lot of GTA lately but I will soon have time for it again and then I will look into the sa-mp problem once again. I have had this problem myself but there are a lot of sa-mp servers that doesn't use the "attach object to player" function at all that still works great to play on.

And thanks again for creating this awesome mod Blitz!

Edited by Robanswe

CmdrSharp

Don't forget to come back here and mention if you manage to fix this. I'm interested to know the results.

I believe I was able to fix all but one issue. 18631 (which is also used by your mod to my understanding) is also used internally by SA-MP for the NoModelFile. We're told in the file to not remove or replace it, which I believe is the reason why I saw this (the other problems seemed to be ridden though)

qnXysqb.png

(That burgershot sign was a hat)

BLlTZ

Even if told, it doesn't do any harm if you test out by changing ID 18631 just to see the results. He said to not change the content, but I don't think is refering to the ID as well, only if is connected internally.

dxivilea

How can I still use MIPMAP edition without LOD MOD installed? Lod Mod is too heavy and get random crashes, I want to use just textures with mip maps, but if I don't install Lod Mod - no mip maps.

Stryfaar

LOD mod gives you better LODs, better distances. Mipmaps don't come from it, just install Srt3, and it should work fine. :)

BLlTZ

Seriously, you really don't get the folder configuration ? LOD Mod is a bonus. It's separate from SRt3. If this is complicated, that much to see it, then I'm weird.

DaleyG

I believe I was able to fix all but one issue. 18631 (which is also used by your mod to my understanding) is also used internally by SA-MP for the NoModelFile. We're told in the file to not remove or replace it, which I believe is the reason why I saw this (the other problems seemed to be ridden though)

qnXysqb.png

(That burgershot sign was a hat)

Hey,

I've been playing with this mod forever and just updated to the latest version.

I got the same issue when I use the supplied custom.ide along with the hammer thing you posted (i never used custom.ide because of this bug), allthough I havent noticed white texture bugs without using custom.ide. i still want to give this a shot.

Where do you make these changes in CUSTOM.ide or SAMP.ide?

Or even better can you post yours.

P.S thanks for this great mod blitz, best texture mod out there ;)

---------------

Edit

With this newer version I do get some white textures without custom.ide.

Edited by DaleyG

Fantomax

do you know why is this ? look carefully at roadsigns

b5a653294737740.jpg

BLlTZ

With this newer version I do get some white textures without custom.ide.

Are you using LOD Mod too ?

do you know why is this ? look carefully at roadsigns

b5a653294737740.jpg

Yes, of course. Someone else reported the bug some time ago. The texture was set for SF but it looks like in this region the texture is being used as well. Problem is that in LA is using the hole texture of 512x512 when in SF uses only a quarter of the entire texture. Whever I do, one of them will have a terrible bug texture.

I will try to find a way to fix this.

Gramps

I've never had that problem because of your mod. But I have had the problem when I've been using a 2048-res texture for roadsignfont in particle.txd, and not using DK's roadsignfont.cs.

BLlTZ

Yes, cuz the game doesn't want you to use such large measurements for fonts :p I tried myself and crashes. I have no idea what R* have done here and what inflict does inside the game to not function anymore. :/

DaleyG

Yep im also using the LOD mod

BLlTZ

Because Lod Mod uses data files in which SA-MP asks for original files, therefore you have CUSTOM files to link mods to SA-MP world.

DaleyG

Allright thanks, I read it all again.

So if I understand correctly i change the object ID's in SAMP.ide so none would match these found in custom.ide, right?

18631, lodvgncircus1b, vgncircir, 600, 128
18632, lodgard_sfw01, boxybld_sfw, 600, 0
18633, lodboigas_sfw05, boigas_sfw, 600 ,0
18634, lodMStorCP2_LAe2, ebeachcineblok, 600, 128
18635, lodMStorCP4_LAe2, ebeachcineblok, 600, 128
18636, lodMStorCP6_LAe2, ebeachcineblok, 600, 128

These are the six ID's that interfere with holding objects in SAMP.ide

Edited by DaleyG

BLlTZ

If these ID's are in SAMP.ide, you have start from 18637 and change them.

Crap, I have to install SAMP and see what's all about.

El Dorado

I'm here to report some problems with Lod mod. I downloaded the whole srt3, over850 mb, so I belive this is the latest version

First, there this "white areas"

Cd8omE8.jpg

I approach, it starts to flicker

C2f1sL3.jpg

Finally, when closer, it's normal texture

sHlIDkd.jpg

Also this, note this building, with red car parked next to it

xiov8f1.jpg

Coming closer, starts to flicker

CW5A9Ea.jpg

When near, it's original model

sJ9P0QB.jpg

It happens a lot in this area (Temple). I think you swapped the lods, don't know if I'm expressing correctly.

Edited by format c:

BLlTZ

Yeah, thanks for showing this up. They need some adjustment for the correct position or angels. I found other incorect positions too from this last week while I was playing.

Edited by BLlTZ

dxivilea

No mip maps on latest versions (I don't use lod mod but sitll no mip maps) I think this is because the (Lod Textures) which are in the update do not have mip maps as this appears to be on distant textures (which are definitely on LODs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg7lklfY0ys&feature=youtu.be