nirvana89

We all hear the reasons why GTA 4 got delayed the first time but that isnt the point of this post. The Blue Ray disc can hold 50 GB which,as you know the PS3 uses for all its games. The Xbox 360 uses HD-DVD which can only hold 9 GB. Now I'm not knocking the 360 and its hardware, but imagine how much better GTA 4 would be if the 360 used Blue Ray as well. Bigger is not always better but I think due to the limitations of the HD-DVD I believe Rockstar couldnt make the game that they truly envisioned and as a result we all suffer from this.

It took them 4 years to make this game. I seriously doubt that there is too much that they wanted to add thats not going to be in there.

MoFodium Chloride

Its true though, the xbox is crap. Why not just buy a ps2, its just as good...

Ok, shut your fanboy dumbass up!

Whoa dude, relax. I'm definitly not a fanboy. Just try to think clearly about what I said. The Blue Ray has the ability to hold a extremely large amount of data. Think about it. We all love the GTA series so why would you deny that you would not want a game with more content?

Your an idiot it was already said that the PS3 was one of the reasons for the delay. It is a lot harder to make a game on the PS3 than it is 360. ON average a game being made for PS3 will costs about 4 million more to release their game for PS3, this is a well known fact. This is driving smaller game companies like Bioware away from the PS3. Also GTA4 was designed around the 360 so it doesn't make much sense why the 360 would be the cause of the delay.

they dont need all the space on the disc yet....they compress it....but it may get there sooner or later

I don't understand why we argue over this stuff anyways. We all love GTA. We should bond as "brothers and sisters!" We shouldn't argue over something as trivial as an entertainment medium.

Whoa dude, relax. I'm definitly not a fanboy. Just try to think clearly about what I said. The Blue Ray has the ability to hold a extremely large amount of data. Think about it. We all love the GTA series so why would you deny that you would not want a game with more content?

Yeah I know that a blue ray disc can hold a hell of a lot of data but the Xbox 360 was not a reason for the delay it was because the game wasen't finnished.

I think due to the limitations of the HD-DVD I believe Rockstar couldnt make the game that they truly envisioned and as a result we all suffer from this.

The game is not on an HD-DVD inform yourself fool.

Topics like this make me giggle alot.

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

Read up on the topic your talking about. Quit wasting forum space just to get locked in about 3 posts. If a game were to take up the whole blu-ray disc then it would just be a multiple disk game for 360. your topic is sh*t

You know what we are really suffering from? Fans that have a massive dildo shuved up their ass. Thats what the PS3 and Xbox 360 have a lot of.

Your an idiot it was already said that the PS3 was one of the reasons for the delay. It is a lot harder to make a game on the PS3 than it is 360. ON average a game being made for PS3 will costs about 4 million more to release their game for PS3, this is a well known fact. This is driving smaller game companies like Bioware away from the PS3. Also GTA4 was designed around the 360 so it doesn't make much sense why the 360 would be the cause of the delay.

Whats with people like you? I have absolutely nothing against the Xbox. Calling people names is a sure sign of your immaturity. Metal Gear Solid 4, according to all accounts, filled up an entire Blue Ray Disc so do no tell me it cant be done. I realize that some people may read this post and immediately flame me as being a Sony fanboy and quite honestly I'm very sorry for that. That isn't my intention at all you guys. Unfortunately I can't say the same about others on this forum.

The blu-ray discs can hold more data, but since blu-ray is a slower to read format then DVD they have to write the same data multiple times on the blu-ray disc. Kinda defeats the space purpose dont ya think?

GTA_Godfather

Actually, I'd say both consoles are. If it were developed around the PC like so many other great looking games (like Crysis, for example), then I'd say no. R* will keeping hammering home that this generation of consoles has allowed them to do things unimaginable, but of course they are going to say that. They want to push sales of those plastic boxes through the roof.

The truth is that consoles run games from discs (which necessitates loading screens, even if it is just when you turn on your toy), they don't physically have the graphics power to display PC resolutions (let alone 1080p, as GTA IV will be a watered down 1280x720 resolution icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif ), have little system memory, and are based on 2 year old hand-me-down PC hardware.

Metal Gear Solid 4 on blue ray will win GOTY cause it was on blue ray

Read up on the topic your talking about. Quit wasting forum space just to get locked in about 3 posts. If a game were to take up the whole blu-ray disc then it would just be a multiple disk game for 360. your topic is sh*t

The only reason it would get locked is because people like you who think they are mods and when they see a post that "supposedly" disses the 360 they have to flame the poster that said it. I , however, am mature enough not to do that. Lets hope you are too.

Listen, the second Rockstar considers utilizing all compressed 50-some gigs of 1 Blu-ray disc for GTA IV, call me, 'Cuase if they did, they must be programming EARTH-2 or a whole f*cking planet.

i don't think it was a problem for GTA4. Maybe for GTA5 it might be but they can always put in on a couple discs.....until then im not going to worry about it.

I hate when people don't agree with my opinions

Thats funny. I am laughing right now thanks cookie.gif

On topic I think the game was delayed because the xbox 360 uses DVD format, ya that makes alot of sense.

Listen, the second Rockstar considers utilizing all compressed 50-some gigs of 1 Blu-ray disc for GTA IV, call me, 'Cuase if they did, they must be programming EARTH-2 or a whole f*cking planet.

If MGS 4 can fill up an entire Blue Ray disc then why would you think that a GTA game couldn't?