xbox 360 help!

Tuesday_April_29th_2008

Tuesday_April_29th_2008

Ok... I had my Xbox 360 a month and a half after it's release back in december 2005?

After 2 years and almost 3 whole months, it's starting to play up.

I haven't had any problems at all, not once in fact since i had it way back when.

But the problem is i was playing Halo 3, and suddenly out of nowhere.. a big sticky green giant came out of my celiing!!

No, joke lol. But the graphics suddenly went into a watery, washed out look, as if it was a moving water painting though i had full control to what was happening on screen. It also was doing the same in the xbox guide and well as the dashbaord and kinda jumping around abit too.

I've tried my PS2 and my Wii in the same AV slot as my Xbox is plugged in and works fine.

Now my xbox comes on with a black screen and these funny dots in linoes rapidly shooting across th screen from side to side and back and just going weird with no sign of the dashbaord coming up.

I have no Red Ring of Death show, no other flshing lights indicating a dodgy connection between the xbox and Tv, actually, the xbox knows there is a controller connected.

Ive also tried on the tv downstairs, but it's jus black without the weird white dots. Just a few hite bars pop up for a split second and that's it.

Sorry for the wall of text, and help appreciated. Thankyou!

have you tried phoning microsoft?? im guessing not but give them a ring and explain your problem. i warn you it will be 2 weeks to a month without it.

Tuesday_April_29th_2008

Not yet i haven't. It hasn't RRoD me just yet..... yet >.>

I'm thinking maybe somethign with the video card or something like that, tho both TV's ive tried it on aren't giving me the same response, with one showing the white dots and the other isn't... if there was something up with somethign inside, it would give the same response to whatever tv i plug it into?

Tuesday_April_29th_2008

OOOOOOO

Could it be anything to do with the HDD at all?

EDIT: No, same problem.

try and arrange the problem into just a few words, then google it. Anything else is my guess, sorry blush.gif

I remember when my xbox failed the screen went blank came back and was a shade of green finished my game of cod 4 turned it off and back on and got one red light, try the xbox support site it might help ya out if not ring microsoft but i hope you kept your receipt.