Niko Russian?

Metalhead4

But I just watched the Roman video and at that part where they hold Roman down and put a knife to him I could've sworn I heard the guy say "wheres your Russian friend now?"

Don't flame, just curious if anyone else noticed this? I know that everyone is saying "he's not Russian" blah blah blah "he is EASTERN EUROPEAN"

JINGLE BELL

JINLE BELL

JINGLE BELL ROCK

DEE DEE DEE DEE DA DEE DEE DEE DEE

Its Raining

Sam Houser claimed in an EGM interview that, similar to how Claude is a man with no voice, Niko is a man with no country. He's Eastern European. That's it. The end.

But I just watched the Roman video and at that part where they hold Roman down and put a knife to him I could've sworn I heard the guy say "wheres your Russian friend now?"

Don't flame, just curious if anyone else noticed this? I know that everyone is saying "he's not Russian" blah blah blah "he is EASTERN EUROPEAN"

R* just say He's Eastern European so they won't get in trouble (I think?), But you do bring up a very interesting point. I too heard him say the R word.

Besides, even if R* Deny It, We all know he's a Russian.

Huh, firstly, the gangsters were stereotyping, secondly, they could've been talking about Vlad.

You're going into my disrespect list.

Huh, firstly, the gangsters were stereotyping, secondly, they could've been talking about Vlad.

You're going into my disrespect list.

One less asshole I have to deal with then... awesome, thanks. icon14.gif

Sam Houser claimed in an EGM interview that, similar to how Claude is a man with no voice, Niko is a man with no country. He's Eastern European. That's it. The end.

Kinda like Fez from That 70's Show.

RUSSIAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think he is!!!!!!!!!

MOSCOW MOSCOW!!

JINGLE BELL

JINLE BELL

JINGLE BELL ROCK

DEE DEE DEE DEE DA DEE DEE DEE DEE

What a crazy fool!

Its Raining

Fez was Spanish/Mexican?

It has been confirmed that he is from Khazakstan.

Grand Theft Borat

The only vehicles we would get are mules towing cars, women operating plows, and then for prostitutes, 12 year old girls who after 3 years vagine hangs like sleeve of wizard.

Fez was Spanish/Mexican?

No. He says something about Cuba or Chili being where his heart is at or something once but never where he is from.

The non-specificity is weak on Rockstar's part. Past GTA characters were from a specific (fictional) city. Hopefully a specific place will be named in the game because leaving it vague leads to unrealistic dialog, like the season of 24 where you saw hours of government officials dealing with a crisis in three middle eastern countries without naming them. Places have names and people use them.

Well h says zdravo to roman. That means Hello in many languages. But he also says baratsaru but that is not serbian, at least to my knowledge. so Niko is Russian

i heard he was from Serbia

He's not. Live with it.

Also , dro,

In russian it's "Zdorovo", and also HE DOESN'T HAVE A COUNTRY.

Well h says zdravo to roman. That means Hello in many languages. But he also says baratsaru but that is not serbian, at least to my knowledge.

Do you mean "Zdrastye"? Cause that is the formal hello in Russian and "Privyet" or "Privet" is the informal hello.

Well h says zdravo to roman. That means Hello in many languages. But he also says baratsaru but that is not serbian, at least to my knowledge.

Do you mean "Zdrastye"? Cause that is the formal hello in Russian and "Privyet" or "Privet" is the informal hello.

"Zdorovo" is something like "Yo!"

I should know. I've got a boyfriend who knows russian.

And no, he has no country.

• 1 month later...

"Zdorovo" is something like "Yo!"

I should know. I've got a boyfriend who knows russian.

And no, he has no country.

yes in serbian "zdravo, burazeru" means "yo, bro"

i should know. i live in serbia.

' date='May 24 2008, 08:08'] He's Serbian, god damnit.

lol, we already know that...

He's Serbian.. I haven't kept up with the whole 'where is Niko from debate' on these forums, so this impressions directly from the game. Also, pretty sure one of the earlier missions when you're still kicking around with Roman alludes to this. Might also be one of the Faustin/Dmitri missions.

Fez was Spanish/Mexican?

No. He says something about Cuba or Chili being where his heart is at or something once but never where he is from.

Wrong, he does say it. Venezuela.

spacer.png

i heard he was from Serbia

I heard that too. He's not Russian I'm pretty sure, he's from one of those countries between Russia and the rest of Europe. Khazakstan isn't even in Europe, moron.

He's not Russian. Sheesh, cant people get this into their heads. It is clear numerous times in the game that he's not Russian, and those thugs are refferring to Vlad when they say "where's your Russian friend now eh?".

He is probably Serbian, it's not confirmed though. One thing that is for sure though, he's not Russian.

Niko says himself that he is not Russian, when Dimitri tells you to go buy an Uzi, the guy in the shop says "You Ruskies are bleeding me dry" or something and Niko replies "I ain't Russian"

Anyway i think he is a Serb