CVG returns to the newsstand

ds_upp

user posted image

The long-awaited return of CVG to newsstands across the country is only weeks' away.

Ruining 'complete collections' all across eBay, 'CVG Presents' will appear on April 16 in the form of a bi-monthly magazine dedicated to the biggest events in gaming. The first issue will be dedicated to Grand Theft Auto IV and they don't come much bigger than that.

The rebirth ends a four year absence from magazine land, which all began back in 1981.

Alongside all our up-to-the-minute news and article content, the new magazine enables us to document and celebrate the most important gaming events in unrivalled detail. Plus you can read it on the toilet - a difficult feat for the digital version unless you have a very small laptop.

As well as offering the odd kebab joke, each issue of CVG Presents promises to be collectable, with art direction from the award-winning Terry Stokes (of Edge fame) and editing duties taken care of by games mag veteran Steve Williams.

The first issue delivers a monster 180-page guide to Rockstar's acclaimed series from the first game in 1997, right through to IV.

With a mixture of new editorial as well as reviews and interviews from the archive, the magazine offers a complete history of GTA, capped off with 30 sumptuous pages dedicated to the truly massive GTA IV. It's not one to be missed, even if we do say so ourselves.

"I bought issue one of CVG in 1981 and I'm delighted that Future is bringing the brand back to the newsstand," said publishing director James Binns. "We will be promoting CVG Presents in store, online and across the rest of our growing games portfolio. Gamers are going absolutely nuts for the release of GTAIV, and the timing of this launch couldn't be better."

We've asked the man sitting behind us who closed the mag ("suspended" he says) for a comment, but he's gone all shy.

The first issue of GTA Presents goes on sale Wednesday, April 16, with a coverprice of £5.

Link: klick

Edited by ds_upp

Matriculated

Brilliaint! I loved CVG.

Although it did seem to be catering for 14 year old boys more and more towards the end.

Edit: IIRC, the very last issue of CVG had the San Andreas review. It's only fitting that the first new issue should have a GTAIV blowout.

Edited by Matriculated

Is this an American publication?

well it costing £5 im guessing not.

I thought maybe you could also buy it in the uk cryani.gifcryani.gif

that's what im saying. it costing five pounds, pound being english tender.

that's what im saying. it costing five pounds, pound being english tender.

So does that mean I can buy it in the US also, is what im really asking.

someone scan please....yes , every page, NO, I DONT CARE IF IT TAKES TILL 4 AM , SCAN , SCAN, SCAN, LITTLE MAN !!!! biggrin.gif

haha i havent brought that mag for yeaaaaars and i mean years, used to buy em wen i was little bk in the snes days lol

someone scan please....yes , every page, NO, I DONT CARE IF IT TAKES TILL 4 AM , SCAN , SCAN, SCAN, LITTLE MAN !!!! biggrin.gif

its not out yet, and its over 100 pages of GTA stuff bored.gif

I Will be buying if for just five whole English.

Bargain, less than 3 pence a page, well worth it.

I ain't buying that for a fiver when someone's just gonna scan it, plus the game will be out soon.

imheretostay

I bet most of you would be crying bloody murder if someone admits to getting GTA via piracy, but scanning magazines made by hardworking people is completely OK to you...

I ain't buying that for a fiver when someone's just gonna scan it, plus the game will be out soon.

Go out and buy it. No one will scan 180 pages just for some person like you, Seriously.

what i mean to say is go out and buy the f*cking magazine Lol

By the way I tried to say you can get 20% off that CVG article for those poor c*nts that want scans- its always a whole £1 off the thing?

Anyway go get the 20% off if you want it- but I ain't telling how tounge.gif

Hundreds of pages?Whats the point?Good luck to whoever has the time to scan that.

cheap skate

To all the stupid f*cknuts who insult us members that want scans, you should know that the magazine doesn't ship to every country in the world, some people can't buy it, whether they like it or not.

damn that sounds like a great read. anyone know anywhere online that will ship it to Aus?

To all the stupid f*cknuts who insult us members that want scans, you should know that the magazine doesn't ship to every country in the world, some people can't buy it, whether they like it or not.

Lol at you . I hope no one scans for your absolute nonsense and cheek.

Ever thought of what they are losing out on- ever thought of online PDF downloads for a simple price.

The main point is that some of us can buy it- and those c*nts do not deserve it scanned if they can't go out and buy it just because they are cheap people. FFS grow up and read what people say.

damn that sounds like a great read. anyone know anywhere online that will ship it to Aus?

I will buy it and scan on thed day only the portion about GTA IV. But I might make it passworded so the losers who show no respect don't get it. I mean I don't mind helping the GTA community as i love GTA, but some people need to show respect.

Thankfully sir you showed the respect,.

I will buy it and scan on thed day only the portion about GTA IV. But I might make it passworded so the losers who show no respect don't get it. I mean I don't mind helping the GTA community as i love GTA, but some people need to show respect.

Thankfully sir you showed the respect,.

thanks champ icon14.gif

hopefully i can get my hands on a full copy as would love a documented history of the series like that, just for nostalgia sake

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, WH Smiths. If anyone buys it in the UK, can you post where you bought it from? I want to get mine (but Morrisons is nearer than WH Smiths!).