Plane Crashes

Elmore253

In SA, sometimes planes controlled by the computer would crash near CJ (sometimes killing me). Is this city too compact or could this happen in IV.

It never happened to me ph34r.gif

It was pretty rare. It only happened to me 3-4 times.

LOL U guys need to study GTA IV has no Ridable planes so the plane would be on a pre set animation wen goin in to St. Francis International

LOL U guys need to study GTA IV has no Ridable planes so the plane would be on a pre set animation wen goin in to St. Francis International

You need to STUDY my post and see that i'm not talking about RIDEABLE Planes. And the planes in SA were not on a pre-set track.

that happend to me alot... it was funny

Finally, someone who knows what i'm talkin' about.

might happen with helicopters

planes in gtaiv would be preset paths from airport, like GTA3

but yea, SA was funny.

I loved putting on a cheat a ramming the AI planes out the sky biggrin.gif

Fuzzknuckles

There's a great video somewhere of someone doing the mountain jump, near the dam (up by where you have to take out the choppers with the rocket launcher) and just as they make the jump, they get owned from the side by a computer controlled plane.

Awesome. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: Here http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...VideoID=1312254

Signatures are dumb anyway.

I may have brought this up as a topic long ago and from what i DO remember, people tend to be in favor of it, but there's no indication, more a show of hands on who enjoyed it happening and want it to carry over. It was not intentional, BTW, it was programmed half way but they decided they liked the idea of a projected path causing a collision detection and subsequent crash.

I got killed as well, but I tried to cause them too!

You need to STUDY my post and see that i'm not talking about RIDEABLE Planes. And the planes in SA were not on a pre-set track.

In the latest kotaku preview it says the planes have flight paths, so i doubt they'll spontaneously decide to crash into your face like they did on SA.

In the latest kotaku preview it says the planes have flight paths, so i doubt they'll spontaneously decide to crash into your face like they did on SA.

Thanks, was just a random thought i had and was wondering if it would be the same as SA.

I think it's more to do with just jet liners and they'll be TOO high up to crash.

The paths used in SA were asked about with Rockstar in an interview and that's where I got my information on those unexpected crashes, straight from the source.

I also learned how to cause them, at least a much better chance. Standing next to the radio towers or sat dishes, or coming out of a restaurant in LS for example, often triggered a plane to flyby! And crash. This happened near the betting shop in LS as well.

I think it's more to do with just jet liners and they'll be TOO high up to crash.

The paths used in SA were asked about with Rockstar in an interview and that's where I got my information on those unexpected crashes, straight from the source.

I also learned how to cause them, at least a much better chance. Standing next to the radio towers or sat dishes, or coming out of a restaurant in LS for example, often triggered a plane to flyby! And crash. This happened near the betting shop in LS as well.

It seemed to happen alot when you leave maddoggs mansion.

It never happened to me  ph34r.gif

It was pretty rare. It only happened to me 3-4 times.

3-4 times it happend that much each tie l went up mount chilliard, but it wont r* is too smart to let it hppen again and hellicopters probably have a scripted flight around the city.. unless l have a rpg ph34r.gif

Fuzzknuckles

Probably because it was close to the radio tower and the Vinewood sign.

your on about just cause that happened all the time on that game

reminds me of this vid i saw

Edited by tld
user posted image

Probably because it was close to the radio tower and the Vinewood sign.

Either you were exiting an interior in LS ( mostly) but that is not strictly true, or you HAD to be near the countryside in any region to get planes to spawn. The spawning effect is true of ALL vehicles, it depends what location you are in, and what item you have had or have, as in the same cars spawning. Should be slightly improved here at least.

thank you like i said pre set animations i noticed it when i saw the St. IVes commercial

Fuzzknuckles

Oh, what, the vid I just posted?

facedesk.gif

Maybe you can shoot them down with the RPG ?

I thought about that yesterday.

If you shoot a car with the RPG parts will be flying all over the place I guess.

What happens if you RPG a big jumbo? Will there only be a scorched mark or will there be a big f**king hole whith debrise flying out of it?

And if you RPG a boat just above the waterline, will it start taking in water and slowly sink?

I wonder where they have drawn the line...

Yey i know what you mean, planes that spawned just flew in one direction no matter what was there. They only killed me once as i was on Mount hilidad and flew straight at me. confused.gif

Yeh it happend to me once near a damn lol it was funny i jus heard it coming n thort wtf? lol biggrin.gif

n tbh no i don think they will because of the permanent damage and seen as there is no 'wasted' space it woould hit something confused.gif i could be wrong tho

there is always a plane there at exactly 15:00

elpartizan88
There's a great video somewhere of someone doing the mountain jump, near the dam (up by where you have to take out the choppers with the rocket launcher) and just as they make the jump, they get owned from the side by a computer controlled plane.

Awesome. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: Here http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...VideoID=1312254

LOL the chances of that happening were so slim XD

no u idiot that was stupid little planes the only planes in this one are passenger planes and i doubt they crashed since they CANT EVEN BLOW UP! JESUS!!!!!

user posted image