PS3 vs. XBOX 360

avalancherule88

avalancherule88

I'm not sure if anyone has any information about which system GTA IV is going to be better on. I have both PS3 and XBOX360 and have been trying to figure out which one to buy GTA IV on. If anyone has any facts on why one is better than the other I would really appreciate any information or advice I can get.

The person who has the PS3 will say PS3 the person who has the Xbox 360 will say Xbox 360, simple as that

This kind of topic generates fanboys. People who type in caps and shout abuse to people and their choice of system.....

This kind of topic generates fanboys. People who type in caps and shout abuse to people and their choice of system.....

SHUT UP YOU KNOW THE 360 IS BETTER, JUST ADMIT IT

just for example, I regard each system equally

avalancherule88

Well I'm not really looking for someone to just say ps3 is better or xbox 360 is better. I'd prefer to have someone answer with both systems or someone who can actually give a reason why one is better or someone that actually knows that there is no real big difference because I've read a lot of posts but am looking for actual facts about graphics and features.

Its your choice the game plays Identicle on both systems. I am getting it for 360 for the DLC so yeah its up to you

Well I'm not really looking for someone to just say ps3 is better or xbox 360 is better. I'd prefer to have someone answer with both systems or someone who can actually give a reason why one is better or someone that actually knows that there is no real big difference because I've read a lot of posts but am looking for actual facts about graphics and features.

Thats the thing. People have varying opinions on which one is better. There is no definite answer to which one is better. Their features balance each other out so it equals.

OK. I'll just list some quick pros and cons

PS3

Pro

Less chance of RROD

Free multiplayer

Con

Less games

No Exclusive DLC

Xbox

Pro

Exclusive DLC

More games

Con

Chance of RROD

Edited by Goldey

Crazy Asian
I'm not sure if anyone has any information about which system GTA IV is going to be better on. I have both PS3 and XBOX360 and have been trying to figure out which one to buy GTA IV on. If anyone has any facts on why one is better than the other I would really appreciate any information or advice I can get.

Well, if you have both, which console are you most comfortable with?

Actually though, I also have both and would suggest the 360 version for the DLC. But if my 360 RROD's, I'll pick up a PS3 copy as well

GutterSharkz

Get drunk and run into the electronics department at walmart. See what you end up with? Actually no.. you could end up with a zune...

avalancherule88

Thats the thing I just got a ps3 recently cause I wanted a blu-ray player and I wanted the ps3 anyway so I haven't played much on the ps3 and don't know much about it thats why I'm asking for advice I don't own many ps3 games. I love GTA games and own gta3, vice, and san andreas on both xbox and ps2 and there wasn't much of a difference thats why I was just curious if there was any difference because of the console quality, gameplay, graphics, and the comfort of the controls on the different controls. Also I heard a rumor that the ps3 map was going to be bigger is that in any way true?

Which controller do you prefer?

Does DLC matter?

Does the amount of people online matter?

Do you care for achievements?

Do the people you enjoy gaming with own a PS3 or 360?

As far as release date content on the disc they will be the same (so we have been told by R*)

Visuals seem to be the same aswell from what we are told.

If minor visual differences bug you you might want to wait to see a video like this http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html comparing the two.

Edited by iCoke

avalancherule88

Im comfortable with both controllers, achievments aren't that important, most of my friends are on xbox 360 but probably won't play to much GTA online, amount of people online is pretty important, and truthfully don't really know what DLC is

Which controller do you prefer?

Does DLC matter?

Does the amount of people online matter?

Do you care for achievements?

Do the people you enjoy gaming with own a PS3 or 360?

Answer these questions to help you decide.

well theres no doubt that BOTH systems will get DLC but the 360 will get EXCLUSIVE DLC

plus

Do you fully trust the hardware for each system?

Crazy Asian
Get drunk and run into the electronics department at walmart. See what you end up with? Actually no.. you could end up with a zune...

Nothing wrong with a Zune. Nothing wrong with a Zen either or Zen Vision.

avalancherule88

Well ive only had a Ps3 for a month and I've already had problems with my xbox red lighting but that hasn't happened in a good while so hopefully it won't happen again. Downloadable content can be important just depends on what it is.

GutterSharkz

Nothing wrong with a Zune. Nothing wrong with a Zen either or Zen Vision.

haha no, I was just saying it wouldn't be good cause he didn't end up with a either console. Just a zune. They're cool, I just don't like that music deletes after 2 days. My friend has one.

If your 360 has red lights call 1800-4MY-XBOX, every 360 sold has warranty for 3 years.

My PS3 is in for repairs but I might get it back in 2 weeks. I preordered GTA IV: SE for the XBOX 360

Crazy Asian
music deletes after 2 days.

Ahem...3 days! Lol. Well, you gotta understand that there are legal issues to deal with.

avalancherule88

So If I called them they'd repair my xbox for free if I don't have a receipt bc i called them awhile back and they said it would cost 100 bucks which really ticked me off and back to GTA do most games made for both systems look better on the 360 like that because that seemed to be a big difference in that link you sent me Icoke

Hmm, a difficult choice. Don't Fuel Fanboys 360 vs. PlayTheGameAndDon'tWorry 3.