Fullscreen play...

daarong

All 360 games play in HD (720 or 1080) and widescreen... but sadly only some games fully support fullscreen.

Some games (like Saints Row for one) just give you the letterbox thing... where the top and bottom have black strips... that totally sucks cause then 1/3 or more of my screen is unused =(

It seems like all the hot titles accommodate fullscreen... so I'm guessing R* won't screw me over... what do you think?

I would assume all the TV's GTA has been demoed on where Hi-Def, and in the ZOO pics, they use a Hi-Def, so you don't worry about it.

I would assume all the TV's GTA has been demoed on where Hi-Def, and in the ZOO pics, they use a Hi-Def, so you don't worry about it.

whatsthat.gif ?

I'm not concerned about GTA being HD... I'm concerned about it only being made for widescreen TVs... I have a fullscreen... I'd love to not have black strips on the top and bottom... which basically wastes 1/3 or more of my screen!

whatsthat.gif ?

I'm not concerned about GTA being HD... I'm concerned about it only being made for widescreen TVs... I have a fullscreen... I'd love to not have black strips on the top and bottom... which basically wastes 1/3 or more of my screen!

He's saying the Zoo pictures are fullscreen, not widescreen.

oh! haha... I don't know what this "zoo" stuff is?

Link?

whatsthat.gif ?

No he isnt, because the Zoo pictures arnt 'full screen' they are widescreen.

And correct me if im wrong but its not called 'full screen'.

on the first time i play it i will be playing it on A 42 inch plasma screen TV. but then i will be playing it on a normal 4:3 screen.

So I guess this issue is still up in the air?

Oh man that would suck if 4:3 screens end up having the letterbox sh*te.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1697/zoo2yv4.jpg 

That's fullscreen, I believe.

I mean, of course GTA will have fullscreen!  They wouldn't neglect that.

No, that's a Sony LCD... probably a Bravia. Anyway, its definitely widescreen.

I sure hope they wouldn't neglect it... there were big games that did though, not just Saints Row (which really I'm not surprised about)... Forza Motorsport 2 is another one that doesn't fully support fullscreen. Its b.s.!