Little Italy Confirmed to be in the Game

Carbine23

http://www.gta4.tv/img/content/766.jpg

On the sign it says that if you turn left then you will end up in the Little Italy neighborhood of Algonquin. I wasn't expecting this though, especially since chinatown was thrown in there, and Algonquin looked small already. So i guess it's nice to see a Manhattan neighborhood added into Algonquin.

Possibly this will be a center of Italian Mafia Work, besides Alderney (Phil Bell)

EDIT: Also i wouldn't expect this to be such a big neighborhood. The real Little Italy is also small. I expect the neighborhood to only be about 3x3 blocks wide, but like i said the real little italy is also small in real life.

Edited by Carbine23

Public Enemy #1

Yea, it's nice to see that Rockstar's going all out on this. Chinatown is a given, but Little Italy and the Portuguese neighborhood show me that Rockstar really tries to represent the city in its great diversity. I can't wait to see how they made fun of my heritage. tounge.gif

Good eyes. I know absolutely nothing about New York. I didnt know there was such a place.

steelsmokin07

Why would you think there wouldn't be a little Italy? Little Italy is still just like Chinatown one of the more ethnically centered parts of NYC. Even though Chinatown consumed a good bit of northern Little Italy as Italian-Americans left for cheaper boroughs of the city there is still a good portion of Little Italy still left centered around Mulberry Street.

Hm, I don't remember that screen...

Good find.

im just learning about it... whats rougher Brooklyn or the bronx?

depends what colour your skin is, nah seriously id say the bronx, but hey ive only been once so what do i know lol colgate.gif

So we've got Little Italy, Chinatown, the Portuguese in Alderney (im guessing, like iron bound newark) russians in hove beach (brighton irl), now I'm wondering if they're gonna put astoria, queens in the game. A lot of greeks and albanians. We already know there is an albanian character so I wonder if this is in?

The real life counter part to the steinway beergarden is in astoria so its possible. I wonder what other ethnicities will be in?

I just hope wallstreet/stock exchange is in the game. That is where I will do most of my killings at.

I think Koreatown was confirmed too, but I'm not so sure.

Maybe it was called Little Korea I forget.

depends what colour your skin is, nah seriously id say the bronx, but hey ive only been once so what do i know lol colgate.gif

I've been to NY a couple times. But the only thing i can remember about Brooklyn is a sh*t load of Russians.

it really depends where you go in each borough. There are bad parts all over. The bronx is pretty bad though.

I've been to NY a couple times. But the only thing i can remember about Brooklyn is a sh*t load of Russians.

yeh its not that bad, some areas of brooklyn are really upmarket and great restaurants but some, well lets just say it makes Mcdonalds look like a palace.

Bronx is just graffiti capital of the world, im real into art and graffiti so i made a special effort to go there, its really fun but just watch your back and dont go in any real sketchy places lol biggrin.gif

To me living near Little Italy, and going there frequently I see Bleecker street as quite a good example of Little Italy- I often go to Downing Street some nice little cafes and restuarants there.

As for IV its very nice to see such a nice part of town included biggrin.gif

so bronx got more white ppl in it than brooklyn?

Good eyes. I know absolutely nothing about New York. I didnt know there was such a place.

HA!

so bronx got more white ppl in it than brooklyn?

when i went brooklyn seemed friendlier (spelling) but basically bronx is just full of "Gangsters" lol just dont bother them and they wont bother you, its the same anywhere

To me living near Little Italy, and going there frequently I see Bleecker street as quite a good example of Little Italy- I often go to Downing Street some nice little cafes and restuarants there.

Have you ever been to Vincents down there? Pretty good place, but i've only been to the one on Long Island.

Brooklyn is a lot better to live in then the bronx. Brooklyn has got upscale, and fantastic neighborhoods such as Bay Ridge, Sheepshead Bay, Downtown Brooklyn, Coble Hill and Brooklyn Heights. They're lot of Russians where my grandparents live, and that's on the south part of Brooklyn in the Coney Island/Brighton Beach/Sheepshead Bay area. I think the worst neighborhood in NYC is in brooklyn though, and i think its called East New York.

And the sign isn't so hard to see. I used my ipod touch though to zoom in, so i was able to read it.

It says

City Hall and Little Italy to the left. And The Exchange and Castle Tunnel to the right. Castle Tunnel? So i'm guessing the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is in the game possibly?

Niko B3llic

SWEEEET! Italians are badass. except that stereotype mario.

Have you ever been to Vincents down there? Pretty good place, but i've only been to the one on Long Island.

Brooklyn is a lot better to live in then the bronx. Brooklyn has got upscale, and fantastic neighborhoods such as Bay Ridge, Sheepshead Bay, Downtown Brooklyn, Coble Hill and Brooklyn Heights. They're lot of Russians where my grandparents live, and that's on the south part of Brooklyn in the Coney Island/Brighton Beach/Sheepshead Bay area. I think the worst neighborhood in NYC is in brooklyn though, and i think its called East New York.

And the sign isn't so hard to see. I used my ipod touch though to zoom in, so i was able to read it.

It says

City Hall and Little Italy to the left. And The Exchange and Castle Tunnel to the right. Castle Tunnel? So i'm guessing the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is in the game possibly?

Yes i have, i live with my Grandad for about 1 or 2 months a year- just to be able to live in New york- I don't permantly live here in NY, but over Winter and parts of Spring- the rest of my year is spend in Scotland and Dubai.

To answer your question yes i have been there, and i aint got very good zooming but it says defintelt Castle tunnel i reckon.

SWEEEET! Italians are badass. except that stereotype mario.

I LOL'd biggrin.gif

It says

Yes i have, i live with my Grandad for about 1 or 2 months a year- just to be able to live in New york- I don't permantly live here in NY, but over Winter and parts of Spring- the rest of my year is spend in Scotland and Dubai.

To answer your question yes i have been there, and i aint got very good zooming but it says defintelt Castle tunnel i reckon.

Yeah, i was wondering what i guy with a scottish flag would be doing living in NYC. But then again people ask why i have the Polish flag and i'm american.

Manhattan is freakin expensive though. I remember i ate at Katz Delicatessan on the lower east side and it was freakin expensive.

I'm guessing the castle tunnel is the same as the brooklyn battery tunnel and the tunnel goes into the southern part of Broker. I could be wrong though. I just hope they have the tunnel in there, i mean they already left out the queens midtown tunnel =(

Brooklyn got the worst neighborhoods in nyc, which are bed stuy,brownsville. But brooklyn also got some of the most upscale richest neighborhoods in america, mill basin,dyker heights,park slope, manhattan beach and of course boerum Hill. A lot more neighborhoods here are upscale then bad in my opinion.

I'm more interested in seeing how they do the lower income areas in New York like Harlem (not so much anymore with the gentrification going on), the Bronx, Washington Heights and stuff like that.

I can relate to those areas more since I grew up in Harlem and moved to the Bronx some years back.

Games always seem to forget those areas.

Good to see they put Little Italy in there, though. They seem to be really trying to match NY as best they can. I can't wait to explore.

TheDude5000

Well there was Little Havana and Little Haiti in VC, along with Little Tommy Lee Jones in SA, so it's really no suprise that we'll see more "Little"...areas.

user posted image

Johnny Burbank

I expect it to be one block long on either side of a single street. There are not many blocks in this game so I doubt it will bigger than either side of a single street block.

All I want to see is Hematite, aka Greenwich Village.

Absof*ckinglutely lovely!