Random Acts of Violence

e2thejdot

While everyone is patiently awaiting the arrival of the new Grand Theft Auto and reading ever-so closely to each preview to find out what new gadgets and features Rockstar is cooking up, I'd like to take a moment to enjoy one of the more finer things GTA is bringing back. Random acts of violence.

Thats the real icing on the cake for me with the new Euphoria physics. If anyone else remembers how beautiful it was when we first got GTA III. I don't think anybody started off the game diving straight into the missions. We all enjoyed a few minutes of simply shooting an innocent bystander.. or getting a vehicle just for the sheer thrill of running over a crowd of people. Easily the most enjoyment I've had in my gaming history. However short lived, because it got boring rather quickly.

Thus making the Euphoria physics that much more of an asset to me.. because it won't be as boring when it never happens the same way twice.

Sure, a lot of you know about the engine and what it can do.. but sometimes its good to just point out the little things and enjoy the simple aspects of such a wonderful game.

Yep random acts of violence is how I start every GTA.

I remember the first time playing GTA III, I beat the living sh*t out of a ped near the Callahan Bridge.

Euphoria is going to be awesome.

yea itl be hilarious, i cant wait to just be slowlii driving down the street and all of a sudden a car comes speeding around the corner wit cops chasing them lmfao.

Yea man, that's one of the best things about GTA. There's no telling how many times I'm going to shoot/punch/kick people down stairs. I'm glad we actually get to die in awesome ways instead of falling face down on the ground and bleeding. I can't wait to see what happens when you jump off the Statue of Happiness and smack the pavement below.

We all enjoyed a few minutes of simply shooting an innocent bystander.. or getting a vehicle just for the sheer thrill of running over a crowd of people.

Ive had GTA III sence it came out for pc..i have not beat it yet..i have played it untill the release of GTA:SA.

Lol..it never gets old.

GtAkInG4aLl

I can't wait to plow down the sidewalk while bodies fly over my windshield! Haha yes! And I'm going to find a dirty spot to snipe from. I love the places that have cover from helicopters but you still have a view of the street. devil.gif

I just can't wait to see a ped getting hit by an NPC driving a car! Now that there's Euphoria, you're not the only one who can/will commit these random acts of violence! biggrin.gif

I wonder if the chainsaw made it to this game tho! tounge.gif

Shootin_spree

yeah. in every GTA its my ritual to kill peds until i get 2k.

yeah. lol.gif

Killerbee103

I WON'T use cheats in GTA IV, because i used cheats in Vice City, and got addictive (spelling) to it. It ruined my whole game. cryani.gif

In GTA: SA i didn't used cheats though.

Now i'm hardcore, PREPARE PEDESTRIANS! biggrin.gif

one quick questions guys.if someone get killed and lying on the floor.will it dissapaer after a few seconds..

werenotfugazi

Hell, yeah! When I played III the first time at the age of 22, I giggled, laughed, screamed like a little school girl as I was completely blown away by the freedom, and detail I was seeing...absolutely f*cking jaw dropping! Literally, I couldn't believe what I was seeing...and DOING. It just kept going through my mind, "Holy sh*t...."

I remember actually saying to my wife, "Oh....my.....God....this is f*cking INSANE!" I was the happiest person in the world for that moment. We had literally just bought the PS2, and the game about 30 minutes previous. Here I am setting it up, throwing packing materials in every direction...and she doesn't care about the system, or the game at all. She's trying to get me ready to go to her brother's house for some stupid poker game. If you've ever been married, then you know that I had an obligation to go. "F*CK", I thought. But...I came up with a solution...The PS2, and GTA III were coming too! tounge.gif If I was gonna be stuck at her freakin' brother's house while they played their boring poker game, then the TV WAS MINE! It all worked out...and they had to listen to me screech like a girl every 10 seconds! biggrin.gif

To make a long story short...and get back to the real topic...I just can't seem to get enough of the sometimes senseless, random violence I can administer in GTA. For me, GTA is an escape from reality where I can vent ALL of my frustrations without hurting anyone in real life. I could never hurt anyone, as much as I fantasize about it sometimes. GTA is a safe, and reliable way to get your aggressions out without actually being destructive, starting fights, or even worse.

For me, GTA is gaming PERFECTION. It's exactly what I've dreamed about since I was 8 years old in 1986.

Edited by werenotfugazi

one quick questions guys.if someone get killed and lying on the floor.will it dissapaer after a few seconds..

Yeah I've been wondering the exact same thing!

Edited by Stix489

werenotfugazi

yeah. lol.gif

biggrin.gif Maybe your body count will be a 360 achievement! If that's always the first thing you do, then you could easily rack up 10-20K!

Shootin_spree

yeah. lol.gif

biggrin.gif Maybe your body count will be a 360 achievement! If that's always the first thing you do, then you could easily rack up 10-20K!

i hope so.

i love killing stuff. its what GTA is to me.

werenotfugazi

yeah. lol.gif

i hope so.

I agree. I can't think of a more effective release of frustration than the ability to cause realistic, simulated digital chaos. Just like the U2 song, it's "Even Better Than the Real Thing".

Shootin_spree

yeah. lol.gif

i hope so.

I agree. I can't think of a more effective release of frustration than the ability to cause realistic, simulated digital chaos. Just like the U2 song, it's "Even Better Than the Real Thing".

yeah, so true.

come home from a hard miserable day, and start shooting millions of peds on GTA.

better than the real thing becuz there is no real life consequence, *unless theres a retard who does what games do* suicidal.gif

werenotfugazi

yeah. lol.gif

i hope so.

yeah, so true.

come home from a hard miserable day, and start shooting millions of peds on GTA.

better than the real thing becuz there is no real life consequence, *unless theres a retard who does what games do* suicidal.gif

Well said, and a very good point, spree. No real people get hurt, no one goes to prison, but you still get to massacre people with a chainsaw, and a rocket launcher. Life is good! icon14.gif

Shootin_spree

yeah. lol.gif

i hope so.

yeah, so true.

Well said, and a very good point, spree. No real people get hurt, no one goes to prison, but you still get to massacre people with a chainsaw, and a rocket launcher. Life is good! icon14.gif

amen to that.

i hope to have another chat again in a different topic.

would be good icon14.gif

PunchingFaces

Hi,

Yep, for me Euphoria is the biz!

Seriously, after watching some examples of it at work on youtube ( Indiana on the bridge ) it has become the reason why I am the most excited I have ever been about an upcoming game.

Imagine pushing peds into traffic, down stairs, off bridges and buildings.....and so on.

Does anyone know if there is a 'push' control? Because if there isn't the R* has really missed an opportunity there. Imagine pushing one ped who then bumps another into traffic/down stairs.......maybe a loop-hole for murder??

One can only hope sigh.gif

Thing i always did 1st with every GTA is drive around and checkout the new cities, and/or rural areas that are available from the start.

This i`l also do with GTA4, i`m gonna love the new physics for cars smile.gif

Driving over people doesnt really interest me, altho i loved making people cartwheel in Saints Row when you hit them with a car tounge.gif

I wonder how many peds it will take to stop a car in its tracks, like 50, 60 maybe. haha

Shootin_spree
I wonder how many peds it will take to stop a car in its tracks, like 50, 60 maybe. haha

if, for some strange reason they have snow plows then no peds will stop it.

haha

I WON'T use cheats in GTA IV, because i used cheats in Vice City, and got addictive (spelling) to it. It ruined my whole game. cryani.gif

In GTA: SA i didn't used cheats though.

Now i'm hardcore, PREPARE PEDESTRIANS! biggrin.gif

Same thing. Except I played through III, Vice City and San An, all using cheats. Yeah, it ruins the game.

But I went back and beat all of them with no cheats.

The only time I'm gonna use a cheat in IV is after I beat the game, am I right?

Call me crazy (I'm sure I am) but I try to play and drive like a normal person, just taking in the sights and whatnot. I remember in SA after getting thrown out of the cop car, I hopped on the bike and just pedeled (sp?) down the sidealk thinking "Wow. This game f*cking rocks". I did the same with Vice City, but it was completely different. Driving down Ocean Drive seeing all the neon lights and the girls on roller skates was mind blowing. Rockstar really has achieved their goal to make great games, and hats off to them for creating such beautiful works of art, in pixel form. Once IV starts off, I might just walk down the street and look around, thinking, "Well here is what I've been waiting 4 years for. Hello Liberty!".

dragonballz9

Well i dont know this is a stupid question or not but why doest other games use the euphoria physics in there game? dozingoff.gif

Shootin_spree
Well i dont know this is a stupid question or not but why doest other games use the euphoria physics in there game? dozingoff.gif

because none own quite like GTA.

YEAH.

because none own quite like GTA.

YEAH.

Well that, but also Euphoria is pretty new the gaming market. I know Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as well as Indiana Jones are going to be using it, as well as DMM (Digital Molecular Matter [i probably spelled all that wrong]).

I though Euphoria had been out for a while...Or was that rag doll physics?

ScarySquirrel

I wish I could remember my first actions in SA and VC, but I don't.

In GTA3, the first thing I did was drive down off that bridge at the start, I clipped the curb and rolled my car. That was awesome.

Looking forward to just plowing my car into people when I first play this. Euphoria 4TW

Can't wait to see the Euphoria physics or a couple o' face down head stomps. rampage_ani.gif