UFO :o

Datalord

I was out messing on with my camera trying some star pictures, despite the light pollution and stupid telegraph pole. And the below appeared. Click for bigger.

user posted image

This is not a hoax, this really did show up. I'd also show you some star pics I took before but Waddy the n00b <3 broke his site. With love to Ottae for hosting these.

Um so yeah. Call Mulder and Skully.

Could it be an asteroid? Do you live in an area where they go by? Looks neat anyways, you should keep that pic. wink.gif

Digïtál £vîl

They are busy filming X-files 2 the movie sad.gif

crazy picture though. I'd say it was a meteor or something except the light trail isn't right. The bright point would be at the leading end, not in the middle.

Strange though.

It's a rip in the time/space continuem. Everybody quick, grab you tin foil helmets and hop into your lead shelters....I mean you do have lead shelters right???

Shooting star?

x2.

confused.gif

I've seen exactly one shooting star in my lifetime and it didn't lok like that lol. I know I'm not credible but it sounds official.

Shooting star?

x2.

confused.gif

I've seen exactly one shooting star in my lifetime and it didn't lok like that lol. I know I'm not credible but it sounds official.

I've seen a shooting star aswell, and no they do not look like that, but it doesn't mean that it's not a shooting star.

d653p.png

Digïtál £vîl

I don't know if it is just me but I used to never see shooting stars and then about 5 years ago, I started seeing them constantly.

If I look up into the sky long enough. It isn't rare for me to see one. Usually though, I will just be driving somewhere and glance out my window, or happen to be taking out the trash or something at night, and I will see a shooting star. Those things are still awesome.

Several years ago, my brother (Toga) and I were driving home from school, so it was probably between 3 and 5pm (depending on if we had football practice or not), and we saw this good sized fiery ball in the sky. It was on the opposite side of the sky from the sun and was just sitting up there. Really weirded us out. It stayed in the sky for at least 15 minutes because we were able to make it up to our house (15 minutes of driving at least up a windy mountain road) and right when we reached the top of the mountain and could see the valley we lived in on the other side, we saw the fire ball in the sky and suddenly it just dropped. For almost a half an hour it was just sitting there, and then the next second it drops like a rock from the sky, falling behind the Santa Cruz mountains (most likely into the ocean). Such a strange sight. I remember turning on the news and everyone was talking about reports of it. And how at some places in the bay area it had stopped traffic while people stared at it.

There was no report of what it was, and people were trying to figure it out. I never did find out what it was explained to be and unfortunately when I search for news on it online, I can't find anything. sad.gif I still won't forget it though. Was a very very weird thing to see.

It's just a plane.

49 second exposure sounds about right for how long it's in that frame.

Why is it so concentrated in that one spot you ask? probably because from that angle the lights on it were facing that direction more. It also could be the type of lens and other settings causing that area of concentration.

See here, this is a plane circled. This instance the head lights were in the frame the entire time.

I've got examples with similar results to this, but didn't feel like digging through to find them.

user posted image

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Claude GTA3
Shooting star?

x2.

confused.gif

They appear all the time. I saw 10 shooting starts in 20 minutes last year. All you have to do is look at the sky for a long time,you're bound to see one, that is, if you don't live in a huge city.

x3

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Shooting star?

x2.

confused.gif

I've seen a shooting star aswell, and no they do not look like that, but it doesn't mean that it's not a shooting star.

Yeah and no shooting stars travel at the same speed as another.

I really agree that it is one. Unless I'm proven wrong, by a video...

dozingoff.gif

Been a part of gtaf since I can remember. Time to go.

user posted image

aye captain, this nigga is out. 2001-2008.

Are we talking about that light reflection on the over-hanging cable? I swear it looks like a thin grey cable. bored.gif

I was out messing on with my camera trying some star pictures, despite the light pollution and stupid telegraph pole. And the below appeared. Click for bigger.

user posted image

This is not a hoax, this really did show up. I'd also show you some star pics I took before but Waddy the n00b <3 broke his site. With love to Ottae for hosting these.

Is this a joke? It looks like something off San Andreas.

ILovePolarBears

You left the shutter open for more than 3/4ths of a minute, that's not a UFO, nor a shooting star; just something moving more slowly, like an airplane or a satellite.

tuff_luv_capo

It's the shine of your flash off of a cable overhead. Look real close.

Wow that's a great pic. I don't know what the hell that streak is, but I would probably guess a shooting star if anything.

It is odd none-the less...

Aliens I tell you, it's a UFO

You know no one will take you seriously without your hat.

user posted image

forum[er]s are slow today......

Edited by asimov

I wanted to post a new topic back in October '07 but I didn't want to.

So here, check out my UFO pic made back in October '07. Use the Image Viewer and zoom it.

user posted image

PetsOvernight

Since it's a long exposure, I'm guessing satellite. I see them all the time (some really bright, here in the city) and depending on where the sun is, and their orbit direction, etc, they sometimes are visible from almost one horizon to the other, and sometimes light only hits them for a few seconds. That image looks like it came out of the darkness, got maximum light for a few seconds, and slowly disappeared into the darkness again as it was blocked from the sun/etc.

Neat picture, though.

user posted image

Damn, that looks like a shooting star, doesen't look much like a UFO, I once saw something that looked like a UFO but it probely was just a plane flying in the horizon... cry.gif

Shooting star?

x2.

confused.gif

I guess you don't get out a lot during the night, I've seen as many as 3 in a single night.

They exist! (in my mind). Weird photo. Do you live near Area51? I haven't seen much things like this.

It's the shine of your flash off of a cable overhead. Look real close.

It can't be that, the flash wasn't fired (EXIF data says so). It could be light from the ground level reflecting off a cable, but the light streak isn't radiating from the center pole like the others, I doubt it's a cable. Like I (and PolarBears) said, it's probably a plane. Could be a satellite as well.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image