obsessive compulsive

Titanfan

I made a topic a couple days ago about this but it is was about not sleeping. I am doing better now. But often times throughout the day I have to reassure myself of everything. I have to reassure myself of my name, where I live, my dog, my friends, my parents.

This can last up to hours.(repetitive thoughts of crazy sh*t) I know it is stupid but I can't seem to stop it. I think mine got triggered because of some sh*t that went down in my life. I am getting better since Ive been to the doctor because everyday I don't have it as much. Anyone else do this?

vininfinite

Its perfectly normal (if your on medz), but otherwise you should get some help. Ask ya doctor for some concentration pillz.

Yea every night I think about how to do certain math things that are complicated and I don't know why lol,just to not forget it I think

Dude i think your askin the wrong people here, you should go see a doctor if its that bad.

Everyone is obsessive compulsive to a degree, I have to change my computer's audio volume by twos, I can't do ones, it pisses me off. I tried it last night and it kept bugging me, I had to change it to an even number.... whatsthat.gif

Everyone is obsessive compulsive to a degree, I have to change my computer's audio volume by twos, I can't do ones, it pisses me off. I tried it last night and it kept bugging me, I had to change it to an even number.... whatsthat.gif

I feel your pain dude....volume has got to be on EVENS for me. And i don't buy anything that doesn't have a number system for volume.

pAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gif

My little brother is obsessive compulsive. He can't stop washing his hands and it's making the skin on his hands sore, red and rough. We have to stop him washing his hands and put this lotion stuff on them for him. I used to like everything to be symmetrical and if it wasn't then I couldn't concentrate on anything until it was all straightened out.

I have one were if Im not using a part of the keyboard with my hand, I hit a button really fast until it goes away. I also need things to be even wheter it's music in my ears or shelves.

I'm kinda obsessive compulsive about keeping my hands clean, but not to where I wash them several times in a row or anything. I just wash my hands more often than most people.

WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG

chillwinston8717

I always have to check my clock to see that the alarm is set and for the right time.

Rocketkiller

Everyone is obsessive compulsive to a degree, I have to change my computer's audio volume by twos, I can't do ones, it pisses me off. I tried it last night and it kept bugging me, I had to change it to an even number....  whatsthat.gif

I feel your pain dude....volume has got to be on EVENS for me. And i don't buy anything that doesn't have a number system for volume.

Same here, except I like to go by 5's on my TV. I also don't like stepping on the gap between the slabs on concrete that make up the sidewalk, no idea why, I just don't like it. confused.gif

From what I understand of OCD ( which should be a lot, since I've been in counseling for over a year now for things like it), it involves certain activities, rituals, or behaviors that a user cannot stop doing, otherwise they will feel great anxiety. Not being able to quit thinking about something is not OCD. A lot of people, including myself, get the idea that it includes thought patterns because 1) We cannot stop having these thoughts comfortably 2) The name itself lends one to think that obsession is the key element, when really it's compulsion that is the real crippling component of it. As I said before, I deal with issues similar to OCD, but pertaining more to the obsession side, such as recurring thoughts. However, as a younger child, the compulsive side was more pronounced; I would do things such as walk to the refrigerator door to make sure it was shut, about 15 times before I was satisfied it was closed. By the end of our refrigerator's life, the handles were dented in. I still have some traits like this, but I would consider them to be mostly habits, especially because I can stop from doing them.

Anyway, you should at the very least get a psychiatric evaluation. If it's not OCD, and I don't think it is from my limited experience, it could be something else, and OCD could manifest from it. At the very least you can get some peace of mind if you realize that there is nothing wrong and you can stop, because sometimes people just honestly do create their own illnesses.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

Vive La France

I have a minor OCD, and am Germaphobic.

Struff Bunstridge
I have a minor OCD, and am Germanphobic.

Fixed.

If I'm walking along the street a scuff my foot or bump my arm, I have to bump the other one exactly the same way or it bothers me all the way home. Sensations on my body have to be symmetrical. I can't abide spelling mistakes; I often edit my posts here if I notice a spelling mistake, even hours or days afterwards. I do the same with the notes system on accounts at work. I also have mild Tourettes which manifests itself with throat vocalisations, more so when I'm nervous or insecure. My band and I played our first proper gig on Saturday night, and we were plagued by technical and equipment problems throughout. All weekend I've been jumpy and twitchy as hell, and it wasn't until my girlfriend calmed me down and reassured me last night that it calmed down.

I have a minor OCD, and am Germanphobic.

Fixed.

If I'm walking along the street a scuff my foot or bump my arm, I have to bump the other one exactly the same way or it bothers me all the way home. Sensations on my body have to be symmetrical. I can't abide spelling mistakes; I often edit my posts here if I notice a spelling mistake, even hours or days afterwards. I do the same with the notes system on accounts at work. I also have mild Tourettes which manifests itself with throat vocalisations, more so when I'm nervous or insecure. My band and I played our first proper gig on Saturday night, and we were plagued by technical and equipment problems throughout. All weekend I've been jumpy and twitchy as hell, and it wasn't until my girlfriend calmed me down and reassured me last night that it calmed down.

Here's something that will really f*ck up your day; my right ear is slightly smaller than my left. happy.gif

Edit: You can't really tell on my display photo, though, because my face isn't directly straight towards the camera so it's on an angle.

Edited by Hayden

my friend has ADHD, when he is not on his pills:

ha ha ha ha (kicks me and laughs) sits down and starts babling on about potatoes

when on medication

WILL, STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARD, kicks me

sits down and speaks civilized about the consistency of a potato.

MY friend has a potato problem.

Mr. Cutty? Potatoes are the sh*t, the man is obviously in potato overload.

Willgtavcs, is this you with your friend?

Edited by CCPD

Only think im obsessive about is the TV downstarirs has to have the volume to go in 5's. EG 5, 10, 15... if it aint it freaks me out.

But the TV in my room has to be an even number.

Everyone has a bit of obsessive compulsive. Mines pretty bad.

I f*cken hate it.

autotheftisgrand

My OCD (I don't know if it classifies as an OCD) is that if there's food that has tomato on it, I have to finish every single bit on my plate and I don't even notice it. If there's no tomato on it, I leave leftovers confused.gif

TheGuyFromThere

You know the way you double click something on your desktop, and it leaves it sort of highlited or with a broken line box around it? I have to click the desktop on a blank space to rid it.

Also, if the name is long like a game I have called Customplay Golf, the title is too long for the icon to display it all. It displays 'PlayCustomPl' but when I click it, it shows it all.

I then have to click an icon which has, say, 3 letters, so the other one returns to 'PlayCustomPl'.

Anything else, simply wont do.

Same goes for stuff that is highlited by mistake. Simply wont do.

inactive

My younger brother just becomes obsessed with various hobbies at different times, yet he changes his interests so much that he never really becomes that good at any of them confused.gif And furthermore he has an obsession with trying to take things apart and put them back together, yet he usually doesnt actually get them back together. First it was remote control cars, he had about 6 of them, all of which are dissassembled and strewn about the garage now. Then it was his dirtbike, which now sits half together in the same garage. Currently it's bass guitar, he's on his third bass as he's completely ruined the previous 2 by trying to do the same. Quite an expensive habit it has proven to be

TheGuyFromThere
My younger brother just becomes obsessed with various hobbies at different times, yet he changes his interests so much that he never really becomes that good at any of them confused.gif And furthermore he has an obsession with trying to take things apart and put them back together, yet he usually doesnt actually get them back together. First it was remote control cars, he had about 6 of them, all of which are dissassembled and strewn about the garage now. Then it was his dirtbike, which now sits half together in the same garage. Currently it's bass guitar, he's on his third bass as he's completely ruined the previous 2 by trying to do the same. Quite an expensive habit it has proven to be

All young boys went through that... I had my dismantle-age

inactive

My younger brother just becomes obsessed with various hobbies at different times, yet he changes his interests so much that he never really becomes that good at any of them confused.gif  And furthermore he has an obsession with trying to take things apart and put them back together, yet he usually doesnt actually get them back together.  First it was remote control cars, he had about 6 of them, all of which are dissassembled and strewn about the garage now.  Then it was his dirtbike, which now sits half together in the same garage.  Currently it's bass guitar, he's on his third bass as he's completely ruined the previous 2 by trying to do the same.  Quite an expensive habit it has proven to be

All young boys went through that... I had my dismantle-age

Yeh me too. Lots o Fun actually. Well I guess I have a few stupid things that I HAVE to do. When I take a shower I HAVE to be facing the door to the bathroom, don't know why. Just recently I started covering my hands before touching doorknobs. Not because I think they are diry but because I have been getting shocked SOOOOOOO much lately.

Mine is based basically around numbers. I have good numbers, I have bad numbers. Then I have other things I have to do, like have things looking neat, and in their place, or them showing off the label (drink in fridge must have label faced forward). There's small stuff, but there's big stuff. It's hard to actually do most of it without getting noticed, which would be completely embarrasing, but hey, it happens and it's just something I have to try and get rid of. The bad thing is that it also controls your life. If you fall for it, you have to do it. (but most likely nothing bad happens to you if you don't do it.)

kingvercetti

The volume even numbers thing seems to be common, not having it on an even number does my head in too.

Also, as someone else said I can't do with spelling errors, always have to correct them, and I always capitalize titles and things, regardless of whether they're meant to be, for example every song in my iTunes library is perfectly named, in order, with all the correct album art, I can't have it any other way...which sucks cos my iPod has started doing weird stuff like on Cover Flow putting my some of my albums in seemingly random order... catspider.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Mine is based basically around numbers. I have good numbers, I have bad numbers. Then I have other things I have to do, like have things looking neat, and in their place, or them showing off the label (drink in fridge must have label faced forward). There's small stuff, but there's big stuff. It's hard to actually do most of it without getting noticed, which would be completely embarrasing, but hey, it happens and it's just something I have to try and get rid of. The bad thing is that it also controls your life. If you fall for it, you have to do it. (but most likely nothing bad happens to you if you don't do it.)

sh*t! wow.gif Thats exactly the same with me - I honestly thought I was the only one with good/bad numbers. With me it started mixing with my repetitive/ritualistic OCD stuff, so then I started like repeating some things say 5 times exactly, no more, and no less! I also sometimes have to repeat things I say, and this is really wierd, but also things I THINK, so I end up 'thinking' the same thing (by purpose) five times etc...

Often, this wont stop, so I end up rethinking the solution of a problem over and over, though I already have. This was in school too, and what virtually failed me in mathamatics, and I have no clue how it didn't affect me in other subjects.

Eventually, about a year ago, it got so bad, I even wasn't able to sleep properly most nights, or do simple tasks quickly like puting a drink in the fridge without making sure the front lable was clearly showing.

A few monthes ago, I decided to get help for it. Though on my prescription it hasn't all gone, it is a lot better, and I am beginning to see the true sillyness of the things I do. Now I don't do the label thing, nor repeat myself when speaking, and I have no more urges to rethink anything, except to naturally double check and thats it. The other things I must fight myself.

Thank you very much for strating this topic, I now feel much better about myself knowing I'm not the only one, and that even very intelligent and cool people like Ceedot and Vive La France and most of the others here I know have it too. So I'm much more motivated now to try and change. *turns volume to 11* smile.gif

6g8AhC3.jpg

Rocketkiller

*turns volume to 11* smile.gif

Rocketkiller Turns volume back to 10

Come on now, you know just how much that annoys people here. tounge.gif