GTA IV gets 18 certificate from BBFC

devil_spawn666

Deuce Deuce

"The confirmation means that Grand Theft Auto IV is all set for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 29th."

inlove.gif

Thanks for the news, good news. Not that I was worried but still good to be on the "home straight" now! smile.gif

MysteryGamer

Funnily enough I had an e-mail back from the BBFC regarding the delay of rating Grand Theft Auto IV and they told me they only just received the game. They could of just told me Grand Theft Auto IV has been rated in first place sigh.gif .

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=321871

Anyway this is good news but let's face it was Grand Theft Auto IV ever going to get banned? As I never thought it would. cool.gif

The official rating of the game is not online yet so therefore I am assuming the BBFC just literally today finished reviewing Grand Theft Auto IV for classification.

devil_spawn666
Thanks for the news, good news. Not that I was worried but still good to be on the "home straight" now! smile.gif

you're welcome. truthfully, i was a bit worried -- eternal pessimist and all sigh.gif

Fuzzknuckles

This was the only possible rating it could receive.

Good times.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

MortifiedPenguin09

YEAH!!!!!!!

lol imagine David Cameron started playing this in his home, saying "i'm getting down with the kids..." lol.giflol.giflol.gif

thank god thats a relief

weird it hasnt been reported elsewhere though

its only really hyped online in the uk. which is good because if it got to much attention theres usually a load of asshole wanting to ban stuff here

They ban everything here

they even banned an advert from showing the roof of a bus coming off sarcasm.gifph34r.gif

Edited by tld
user posted image

MysteryGamer

thank god thats a relief

its only really hyped online in the uk. which is good because if it got to much attention theres usually a load of asshole wanting to ban stuff here

They ban everything here

they even banned an advert from showing the roof of a bus coming off  sarcasm.gif  ph34r.gif

I wouldn't say most things get banned here but some adverts are for stupid reasons. I take it you are referring to the Walkers "Summer Holiday" parody advert with Gary Lineker why the hell would they ban that? whatsthat.gif

they even banned an advert from showing the roof of a bus coming

did they ban that? the walkers crisps one? Actually I thought they might. Probably because of the london bombs in 2005.

Woooooooooo! I didnt think it was going to get banned anyway, no one has the power to ban this. Not even Chuck Norris.

I was hoping for a 15 but arwell, what you gonna do. smile.gif

No! Then it would be watered down. And we dont want that.

they even banned an advert from showing the roof of a bus coming

did they ban that? the walkers crisps one? Actually I thought they might. Probably because of the london bombs in 2005.

Did they ban that? I only saw it the other night.

This is good news smile.gif GTA always gets an 18 over here, we can't hope for anything better tounge.gif

JonnyVercetti
I was hoping for a 15 but arwell, what you gonna do.  smile.gif

It would be the same game but a 15.

I am 16, so I cant walk in and buy it if its 18.

I was hoping for a 15 but arwell, what you gonna do.  smile.gif

It would be the same game but a 15.

I am 16, so I cant walk in and buy it if its 18.

How would it be the same game? lol.gif It receives the 18 classification for a reason.

if it 18+ every wer else why is it 15+ in australia??? im not sayin its a bad thing tho im just askin colgate.gif

Because that is the highest rating for a game in Aus. The next one up is a straight out ban.

thank god thats a relief

They ban everything here

they even banned an advert from showing the roof of a bus coming off  sarcasm.gif  ph34r.gif

I wouldn't say most things get banned here but some adverts are for stupid reasons. I take it you are referring to the Walkers "Summer Holiday" parody advert with Gary Lineker why the hell would they ban that? whatsthat.gif

yea lol

Maybe its why R* has kept the PR low in England

If it got into the mainstream news it would of drawn alot more critiscm from "do gooders" and if it got to much PR it would of probably got banned.

England is a big market for R*

very clever marketing by R*

user posted image

Nobby_McDonald
thank god thats a relief

They should ban that because of Lineker's signing and all round smugness.

wooo, hopefully it will limit the 12 year olds online, lol

Has it done that in the past? tounge.gif Nope.