is it going to be FULL HD?

AndreyE

Based on @original sized@ screenshots I come to a conclusion that GTA4 is going to be 720p, which is not really next-gen.

I know why that was made... for 360 users, so their consoles don't burn up.....

Who cares? It will look good anyway, and I don't even have an HD to use.

Fuzzknuckles

720p is what I read somewhere. That's good enough. If it's on a big HD TV, it'll still look awesome.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

I come to the conclusion that this is not official.

bigalthethird

I think it's very funny how people - aka stupid fukking morons - don't understand that 720p is the second best HD format, only slightly worse than 1080p. Very few TVs natively support 1080p, and so do very few games. You also need extremely expensive cables to use 1080p.

But 720p is vastly superior to 1080i, and for this generation of games/TVs, it's about as good as it gets.

GTA 4 will look awesome!

I come to the conclusion that this is not official.

How dare you!

EDIT: in response to the TS's fanboy rubbish I reply with some equally obsurd fanboy flaming:

"I heard that GTA was not in full HD because the PS3 couldn't even cope with downloadable content, let alone HD"

OOOH BURN

Edited by whitedevil

As for me, I understand pretty much well - all these sony plasmas for 150000$ fullHD 60+inches still worth nothing.... so when next century coming? It's still not here, and still no next-gen games... only impoved one, that are "just slightly not the best"..... ^)

bigalthethird

You sound Chinese, or possibly Niggrish. Is that the case? because if so, I'll understand.

MortifiedPenguin09

i would use HD on my 360, but the plug in the back is so god damn large that i can't plug the usb cord into it

When Rockstar announced that @it is truly going to be next-gen@ I didn't think @720p@ is what next-gen all about ^)

As for my nation, it is among those, who will rule your children no matter how hard you pray to coward hitler... muhaha

I think it's very funny how people - aka stupid fukking morons - don't understand that 720p is the second best HD format, only slightly worse than 1080p. Very few TVs natively support 1080p, and so do very few games. You also need extremely expensive cables to use 1080p.

But 720p is vastly superior to 1080i, and for this generation of games/TVs, it's about as good as it gets.

GTA 4 will look awesome!

Any decent brand displays 1080p for AT LEAST 40" and up.

Personally, I own a Samsung 4671 and have 2 Monster HDMI cables. (Sony XBR4 in the family room)

Best of the best. Worthy "investment" so to speak. icon14.gif

Is it a good investment when there are no fullHD games around? Or just a few? When those start to come out, your TV will be old enough to consider as lost money

bigalthethird

GTA 4 will look awesome!

Any decent brand displays 1080p for AT LEAST 40" and up.

Personally, I own a Samsung 4671 and have 2 Monster HDMI cables. (Sony XBR4 in the family room)

Best of the best. Worthy "investment" so to speak. icon14.gif

Yeah I agree completely. Our TV is a 50" Samsung and it's almost 2 years old, and it has 1080p. 2 HDMI inputs too. But we don't use HDMI for our 360, only for our surround sound.

Yes, 720p is really a next-gen to those poor, a reprsentative of which on this forum is bigalthethird - which can be translated as BigAnusIndian

bigalthethird
Yes, 720p is really a next-gen to those poor, a reprsentative of which on this forum is bigalthethird - which can be translated as BigAnusIndian

lol That's actually a cool interpretation of my name! Thanks bro.

only a retard thinks a game classifies as next-gen simply by being output at a hd resolution.

... Look on the back of most games they pretty much all support 1080p playback, especially since the release of the elite.

And what makes you think 360's burn up and die on HD?

I run mine on 1080p and it's awesome. Never crashed once.

dopeman1983
You sound Chinese, or possibly Niggrish. Is that the case? because if so, I'll understand.

i'm chinese, but hell no,i don't care about full HD or what

Based on @original sized@ screenshots I come to a conclusion that GTA4 is going to be 720p, which is not really next-gen.

I know why that was made... for 360 users, so their consoles don't burn up.....

i have a soloution for YOU and YOU only

Don't buy gta 4

go buy i dunno...you only a choice of about 11 games for ps3

sooo its up to you i guess

Ohh Told!!

.o0O-Breath-Our-Smoke-O0o.

Now ya check this out---

(some) magazine publishers played GTA IV on a 100" TV in R* office and it looked purrrrfect...so that leads to a conclusion that GTA IV is fully HD, left to right, in reverse and sideways tounge.gif

user posted image

No. It is 720p, which is almost the same detail as 1080p.

Most games are 720p.

and how do YOU know? you could have just as well made it up, when I base my words on the actual facts... nobody told you it's 720....read my previous post

user posted image

Silent-Hill

How dare you say that 720p isn't next-gen? You have no clue what you're talking about and i suggest that you don't buy GTA IV since it's not 1080p.