Turnstyles for the subway?

Raptor Jesus

Raptor Jesus

I haven't see this discussed and did a search. Feel free to flame this noob if a topic like this already exists.

I think it would be kinda unrealistic to just walk into a subway or train station and be able to get on automatically. In real life, you have to put a card into the turnstyle before you can get to the platform. What do you guys think about this:

There are turnstyles in gta 4 just like in real life. To use the train you must go up to one, press the enter/exit car key and Niko will insert a card, money will be deducted from your wallet, and he will be on the platform. However, if you don't want to pay or are in a hurry, when you come up the the turnstyle, you can press the jump button and hop over the turn style quickly. Each one has pros and cons. If you actually pay, obviously that costs money, but it also takes some time. You would use this if you want to keep a low profile. If you hop the turn style, it doesn't cost you can money, and you can go through the turn style like a hot knife through butter which is useful if the cops are chasing your or your train is about to leave. However, if a police or security guard sees you hopping the turnstyle you could get in trouble (maybe a 1 star wanted level).

Sounds like something Rockstar might do since they're going with realism this time.

GtAkInG4aLl

That would be pretty cool i guess, like if you don't pay the bridge fare you get a wanted level. Iw ould proabably also make for some sweet police chases down in the subway.

~>>TsingTao<<~

I haven't see this discussed and did a search.  Feel free to flame this noob if a topic like this already exists.

I think it would be kinda unrealistic to just walk into a subway or train station and be able to get on automatically.  In real life, you have to put a card into the turnstyle before you can get to the platform.  What do you guys think about this:

There are turnstyles in gta 4 just like in real life.  To use the train you must go up to one, press the enter/exit car key and Niko will insert a card, money will be deducted from your wallet, and he will be on the platform.  However, if you don't want to pay or are in a hurry, when you come up the the turnstyle, you can press the jump button and hop over the turn style quickly.  Each one has pros and cons.  If you actually pay, obviously that costs money, but it also takes some time.  You would use this if you want to keep a low profile.  If you hop the turn style, it doesn't cost you can money, and you can go through the turn style like a hot knife through butter which is useful if the cops are chasing your or your train is about to leave.  However, if a police or security guard sees you hopping the turnstyle you could get in trouble (maybe a 1 star wanted level).

Why are you taking GTA so far? GTA is not about this atall, Yes they are going realistic this time but don't aspect much, And since I am a GTA1 fan, I will not. Turn styles wtf? go to the pub son.

Its like a finger pointing away to the Moon,

Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.

MSN: [email protected]

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

EA Games® made me do it £££££ :(

Maybe it will be another loading trick,like toll booths.

You buy a ticket then go through the turnstiles but its a basic animation so R* can sneak in the loading while youre going through the turnstiles

I haven't see this discussed and did a search.  Feel free to flame this noob if a topic like this already exists.

I think it would be kinda unrealistic to just walk into a subway or train station and be able to get on automatically.  In real life, you have to put a card into the turnstyle before you can get to the platform.  What do you guys think about this:

There are turnstyles in gta 4 just like in real life.  To use the train you must go up to one, press the enter/exit car key and Niko will insert a card, money will be deducted from your wallet, and he will be on the platform.  However, if you don't want to pay or are in a hurry, when you come up the the turnstyle, you can press the jump button and hop over the turn style quickly.  Each one has pros and cons.  If you actually pay, obviously that costs money, but it also takes some time.  You would use this if you want to keep a low profile.  If you hop the turn style, it doesn't cost you can money, and you can go through the turn style like a hot knife through butter which is useful if the cops are chasing your or your train is about to leave.  However, if a police or security guard sees you hopping the turnstyle you could get in trouble (maybe a 1 star wanted level).

Why are you taking GTA so far? GTA is not about this atall, Yes they are going realistic this time but don't aspect much, And since I am a GTA1 fan, I will not. Turn styles wtf? go to the pub son.

get a grip moron.

On Topic:

Sounds like a sweet idea to me hope they do include this, the more options i come across in the game the better.

gtathebest4ever

i dont think there will be turnstiles, just buy a ticket and get on the train, and if you don't buy a ticket but get on a traine you get a wanted level.

I wonder if it'll be pay as you go or if you can put money on a Metrocard type thing. In this screen they show a guy at what looks like a metrocard vending machine. Maybe you can use it too.

Maybe it will be another loading trick,like toll booths.

You buy a ticket then go through the turnstiles but its a basic animation so R* can sneak in the loading while youre going through the turnstiles

Still thats better than lookin at a screensot all the time like they did in VC.

ishouldntbehere

great post! Seeing as how they have a toll booth with similar aspects, I'de imagine they'd have something similar here. and it's much cheaper to take the subway than a taxi.

EDIT: at TsingTao, don't be a douche, ok?

Edited by ishouldntbehere

ToasterKing

The day you catch me paying for the subway is the day GTA is voted the worst game ever. sly.gif

The day you catch me paying for the subway is the day GTA is voted the worst game ever. sly.gif

no bullsh*t...

the fun, not to mention time, it would take away from the experience of playin GTAIV

this idea gets icon13.gificon13.gif

user posted image

Standing: New Guy