Pay and Spray and Bomb Shop Garage Doors

Loste.One

My first time through Liberty City Stories, I don't remember anything going wrong, but my second time through, once I got to Staunton Island, I found that the Pay'N'Spray near Toni's safehouse has garage doors that are lower than usual (it looks like it's half closed). This goes for the Bomb Shop as well, and when the door closes, it looks like it's going through the ground. Well, this problem didn't really bother me, until the mission Shogun Showdown, the problem was that you had to steal a tank and fit it with a bomb at the bomb shop, but the tank can't fit in because the garage doors are too low. This did not happen my first time through and it only seemed to happen only at the Staunton island pay'n'spray and bomb shop. I also downloaded a 100% save game to check, and the doors were fine for staunton island's pay and spray. So it's definitely not something wrong with my game (I'm playing on the PSP btw). So my question is, is this a common bug? and will it happen again?

I did not use any cheats.

Thank you and I hope someone can help.

I've never experience this myself, or have been informed of it prior to your query. From what I have gathered (supposing it's only that one certain saved game) it seems to be a problem with your saved game data--somehow corrupting the game-play. I suppose the only thing you could do is start a new game. smile.gif

roninproductionsuk

this is strange...never happened to me or ayone elso i know for that matter.

I've never experience this myself, or have been informed of it prior to your query. From what I have gathered (supposing it's only that one certain saved game) it seems to be a problem with your saved game data--somehow corrupting the game-play. I suppose the only thing you could do is start a new game. smile.gif

I did start a new game smile.gif , but I was wondering if it was maybe the sequence of how I did the missions that caused this, I mean in Vice City, if you did Two Bit Hit before Copland and No Escape? you get the cuban outfit glitch (Where there is an invisible wall between you and the outfit icon). I just hope I didn't somehow permanently corrupt my game.

• 2 weeks later...
shurelythisisfree

I have had this happen on 2 occasions. First play through worked fine, but the 2nd and 3rd play through (I am currrently on the 3rd) had exactly this problem. Infact on this play through, my Portland garage has a small gap at the top too (although the garage works fine). However you can still destroy the tank in your garage without using an 8-ball bomb. After I had driven all the way to 8-Balls shop on Portland (and discovered that that garage is simply too low to get the tank in), I used the "keep smashing it into the wall" technique. Just drive it repeatedly into the back wall inside your Staunton Garage. After about 3 or 4 minutes, it will catch fire. As long as you get out of the tank before it explodes you'll be ok.

• 3 months later...
JoesBlowMother

Yo, I had the same problem, I tryed for hours to get the yank in the garage. Your tip to mash the walls worked.

• 6 months later...
Unknown Hitman

This glitch interrupted my 'Time finsihed record'. In was trying to finish LCS Storyline as fast as I could but during the first mission in Staunton Island where you have to steal the Hearse and get it resprayed I couldn't. The hearse wouldn't fit in. Is there anyway to fix this or do I have to start a new save?

Unknown Hitman

Finally! But I think it only works if your GTA: LCS is on your memory card. I took it out and installed it again. This refreshes the game and all your saved game will be gone. This is the way I got the glitch away from me.

Disco Elephant

You don't have to blow up the tank, only destroy it. Driving it off the ferry dock is the easiest way to do that. Also, if you drive around a bit first, to get a 6 star wanted level, then drive to the ferry dock, you'll be followed in there by another tank. Jump out of your tank while it's still moving, so it falls into the water, and the driver of the other tank will most likely exit also. Shoot him, and any other nasties, and then take his tank back to the lock up. I found this to be a pretty easy way to acquire a tank.

Lol someone bumped this thread back from the stone age, anyways, this problem occured for me because i saved over a previous saved game and it must have caused a bug, i fixed this by deleting the previous savedgame and saving it on a fresh slot. Anyways, hope that helps.

Da Mavericko

well, that did happen to me on my 7th save file. i didn't use any cheats in the game, but did you?

well, that did happen to me on my 7th save file. i didn't use any cheats in the game, but did you?

No, i didn't use any cheats. I think it's just the nature of GTA games, the saves tend to corrupt easily causing all sorts of bugs/glitches. If you want to solve the problem then you have to delete the saved game and start over. And remember, don't overwrite it as the glitch will still be present.