I'm In Euphoria!

hughesie27

Out of all teh things GTA IV at the moment, this is probably the greatest addition that I simply cannot wait to see in action. If you read up on IGN the australians have got a top ten things to do in Liberty City. One of them is to simply experience Euphoria. Hanging from vehicles, high drops shooting people. It's going to be insane. You know that clip in the trailer when the guy falls on the car? That is part of a sniping mission and it is actually in game footage. Imagine seeing this guy fall from miles away onto a car and then falling through the roof as you play! If you shoot somebody in the leg it will fly backwards and spin them around until they tumble to the floor. Then they may well stagger back up or try to crawl to saftey. If you shoot somebody through their windscreen the window will shatter at be filled with blood splattered all over the interor, then the persons head flies back and then forward onto the car horn just like you would expect it to. They won't suddenly open the door to allow them to fall out as they die like in San An! You are still going to have to pull their limp body outa that car if you want to jack it!

I cannot wait. 29 days.

Deuce Deuce

I cannot wait. 29 days.

30 days actually. tounge.gif

But yeah, I can see how you're excited. And rightly so. I'm more looking forward to Euphoria than anything else, too.

Although now that subject is up, how will it work in multiplayer? They say that each animation will be different every time. What about if you shoot an RPG towards a tirade of people? Will they see what you see?

@jonny_zoo: You should add yourself into your sig. There's no right or wrong with this topic; he's just sharing his excitement. dontgetit.gif

29 days and 11 hours.

But yeah, the Euphoria is what's gonna make this game special. biggrin.gif

I think we're all pretty amped for this game.

Euphoria creates animation on the fly, as well as adding realism like gravity, constraints and active forces. No other game i can think of (except the new star wars and indiana jones) has come close to creating this kind of realism.

AK47-Mentalman

Sorry.... blush.gif

What do you mean by euphoria? blush.gif

You guys are such a tease.... DAMN the wait is unbearable !!!!

Euphoria is gonna change everything... imagine if you had fun wondering around in SA... add better graphics, driving physics and to top it all... add Euphoria.... it's gonna be mad !!!

Out of all teh things GTA IV at the moment, this is probably the greatest addition that I simply cannot wait to see in action. If you read up on IGN the australians have got a top ten things to do in Liberty City. One of them is to simply experience Euphoria. Hanging from vehicles, high drops shooting people. It's going to be insane. You know that clip in the trailer when the guy falls on the car? That is part of a sniping mission and it is actually in game footage. Imagine seeing this guy fall from miles away onto a car and then falling through the roof as you play! If you shoot somebody in the leg it will fly backwards and spin them around until they tumble to the floor. Then they may well stagger back up or try to crawl to saftey. If you shoot somebody through their windscreen the window will shatter at be filled with blood splattered all over the interor, then the persons head flies back and then forward onto the car horn just like you would expect it to. They won't suddenly open the door to allow them to fall out as they die like in San An! You are still going to have to pull their limp body outa that car if you want to jack it!

I cannot wait. 29 days.

good read cookie.gif

btw look at youtube for euphoria and get even more hyped icon14.gif

Sorry.... blush.gif

What do you mean by euphoria? blush.gif

Its a physics engine that creates animation on the fly so no two actions are ever the same icon14.gif

AK47-Mentalman
Its a physics engine that creates animation on the fly so no two actions are ever the same icon14.gif

Awesome! Thanks.

How many lines of dialogue then!?!?!?!?!?!?

Holy sh*t! biggrin.gif

Uh Euphoria doesn't deal with the dialogue...

But they are changing it each time you fail a mission to keep it from boring you.biggrin.gif

Edited by Geretio

I cannot wait. 29 days.

good read cookie.gif

btw look at youtube for euphoria and get even more hyped icon14.gif

the indiana jones trailer is amazing hope gta iv is like that inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

Awesome! Thanks.

How many lines of dialogue then!?!?!?!?!?!?

Holy sh*t! biggrin.gif

As Ger. said, it doesn't deal with that. But, I believe Sam said there's over 1,000 lines of dialogue for peds.

Pokahontas.
Sorry.... blush.gif

What do you mean by euphoria?  blush.gif

Actually, it's an animation engine that works with the physics engine.

On a sidenote, how come there are soo many guys from Scotland on this site? I think I've seen more Scotland Flags than England!

Back on topic though, I rememebr reading on a different preview that as a guy was jsut walking aorund a big dumpster flew past with one of the bin men hanging on the back of it like we see in the tralier.

Rockstar*Ren

Euphoria does look groin-grabbingly sweet but I think it's just the whole experience of a new era of GTA that will make me drool lol, I hope after all this tweaking they've done for the cars that it actually feels different for each car this time around...

..nice topic btw! definitely gets me hyped lol.

I cannot wait. 29 days.

But yeah, I can see how you're excited. And rightly so. I'm more looking forward to Euphoria than anything else, too.

Although now that subject is up, how will it work in multiplayer? They say that each animation will be different every time. What about if you shoot an RPG towards a tirade of people? Will they see what you see?

@jonny_zoo: You should add yourself into your sig. There's no right or wrong with this topic; he's just sharing his excitement. dontgetit.gif

? I don't understand your second question but to answer your first question they will most likley go flying through the air?

~>>TsingTao<<~

29 days and 11 hours.

But yeah, the Euphoria is what's gonna make this game special. biggrin.gif

Bit silly mentioning the hours as soon as you said it the hour was long gone.

Q: How well do we know R*?

A: Well I've been a fan since GTA1

Q: R* will outsell yet again as we know it

A: f*ckin' right sonny!!!!

Its like a finger pointing away to the Moon,

Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.

MSN: [email protected]

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

EA Games® made me do it £££££ :(

Deuce Deuce

I cannot wait. 29 days.

? I don't understand your second question but to answer your first question they will most likley go flying through the air?

Forget that. I was confusing myself. turn.gif

Man reading all that just got me more hyped. I cant wait to jump onto a helicopter and hang on it through the sky like we saw in the trailer wow.gif

Does anyone know if it is actually possible to jump from a bike onto a lorry then hang from the lorry?

Edited by Gabe Logan

guitar_dude_person

I think i'm going to just be staring at the screen when it all loads up and you first take control. I won't want to move the character at all... I'll just be staring at what's on screen and almost crying from having gta 4 there smile.gif

Jumping from a motorbike onto a lorry.

I think I need to change my pants now! lol.gifcookie.gif

If that is possible in IV?