Rehab

Drunk Russian 9

Drunk Russian 9

I just found out my dad's coming out from rehab in a month or so. He's been there since July and I only seen him once during the time. He's had previous rehabs, which were shorter, but he kept doing heroine . . . So this make me wonder, do any of you guys have a loved one in rehab? Or have you been there before?

Taste Of Chaos

I went to rehab once...

It had a large sign outside which said 'www.gtaforums.com'

Opportunity knocks once in a lifetime, temptation will lean on the doorbell.

DavidOrtiz34

i don't know if any of these guys are trying to take you seriously..

but i've never had any relatives in rehab, but i had some that needed it. I had an aunt and uncle commit suicide with drugs. They needed help, but it was too late.

It must suck, with your dad there. confused.gif

Amy winehouse, sucks.

Meh only thing I know about Rehab is what I've learnt from the media.

DavidOrtiz34

you guys are pretty disrespectful. This guy is trying to have an honest conversation about a serious topic.

You take Offense to a joke directed at Amy winehouse?, wtf?

DavidOrtiz34

no, i don't. I was just stating that none of you guys could at least show any maturity on the subject.

Thing about rehab is that it will only work if the person wants to change and quit using. If they don't (and they might tell you lies, usually addicts are good at that,) then they most likely won't change. The only real way to know if your dad will quit using for good is to wait and see. And if he tries hiding it then look for signs. And not just for heroin.

user posted image

Drunk Russian 9

Well yes its not hard to see if he had been taking it or not, he usually became paranoid and mad. Man I hope he doesnt go back.

DavidOrtiz34

good luck with your dad. I wish him the best of luck for getting better. smile.gif

Taste Of Chaos

no, i don't. I was just stating that none of you guys could at least show any maturity on the subject.

Welcome to the internet.

But to stop this guy from whining, no, I have never been/known/put anybody in rehab.

Opportunity knocks once in a lifetime, temptation will lean on the doorbell.

I've got a buddy who's been into yeyo lately. Nothing too extreme, but he went to Hawaii with his aunt for his "rehab." tounge.gif

In other news, I love this song.

Man, I have so many memories listening to Rehab. icon14.gificon14.gif

user posted image

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
I went to rehab once...

It had a large sign outside which said 'www.gtaforums.com'

You too?.... mercie_blink.gif

I didn't think I would ever get out of that place.......I mean errr.....Did I ever get out of that place? mercie_blink.gif

Oh, this must be the lobby or the NA or AA or whatever area and I must be in an out patient program. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the internet.

But to stop this guy from whining, no, I have never been/known/put anybody in rehab.

And I'm considering you're an arsehole, so stop being the immature prick that you've acted like in this topic and grow the f*ck up.

@Everyone else: on topic or don't post.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. And no I've never had anyone/known anyone to go into rehab. And hopefully I wont ever end up there either.

I remember you mentioning this, I feel bad for you man. My uncle went to rehab once. Coke will do strange things to you. He used it to stay up in college. He was hooked until we sent him to rehab.

Drunk Russian 9

I remember you mentioning this, I feel bad for you man. My uncle went to rehab once. Coke will do strange things to you. He used it to stay up in college. He was hooked until we sent him to rehab.

Good thing he'll be comin back since I'll get my own 360(finally lol)

When I last saw him he talked and acted like a changed man . . . but he still had the same characteristics that made him unique to anybody else.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Seriously, I hope for the best for you, your family and your dad.

Rehab is not the big test that rehab prepares you for. Life gives you that test every day after you have an addiction.

Are you in a support group yourself?

You realize you need one too, right?

Well my family have a long history of getting f*cked up on just about everything. My aunt especially, she does coke, drinks excessively, Smokes weed (Weed helps her more than anything I might add. icon14.gif) She's been in and out of rehab since I've been alive.

I've also had a number of cousins and friends go to rehab.

Rehab is not the big test that rehab prepares you for.  Life gives you that test every day after you have an addiction.

You are so f*cking profound.

I've had a few relatives that needed rehab but never got it. One of my uncles pretty much ruined my cousin's life because of it.

user posted image

Drunk Russian 9
Are you in a support group yourself?

You realize you need one too, right?

My mom is in one . . . and I dont feel I need to because he's my step father, after all. I never really share a connection with him besides the fact that he's here takin care of me.

Aww man Sorry to hear that about your dad bro, thats kool hes coming out. im just a pothead lol.. no hard drugs for me. confused.gif

user posted image
You're making me angry..You won't like me when I'm Angry!