New members rules

GTA_NYC

After reading the GTA-IV section

i personally think |NEW MEMBERSZ|should be allow to start a new topic upto 48 hours from joining

What do u think.Just a thought. yawn.gif

Allowing new members not to post for my big fat greek wedding would only increase spam. They have a whole my big fat greek wedding to plan out which topics they would like to post in and then they would go on mass my big fat greek weddings. Bad idea.

Aloowing new members not to post for 48 hous would only increase spam. They have a whole 48 hours to plan out whihc topics they would like to post in and then they would go on mass post sprees. Bad idea.

Just stop them starting a topic.

posting/replying is as usual.read before you reply. dozingoff.gif

posting/replying is as usual.read before you reply. dozingoff.gif

You go into my big fat greek wedding and find me a usfull reply that is from a member who has been here less then 6 month. Yeah you'll find something but the majory of the posts in there are nothing but stupid my big fat greek weddings and stupid noob posts.

Majority of new members don't know the difference between starting a new thread and reply. I doubt 48 hours delay will effect any of them.

I registered to post a new topic. I probably wouldn't have bothered returning to post said topic if I'd be told to turn around and come back in two days.

Point being, forums are a place for discussion. We shouldn't aim to restrict that.

I guess it depends on the end goal - Do we want to attract as many members as possible, or do we want to attract members with a modicum of patience?

Majority of new members don't know the difference between starting a new thread and reply. I doubt 48 hours delay will effect any of them.

You should see some of the reports we get, how difficult is it to mix up 'add reply' to 'report post'

Raindancer_5.gif

Spider-Vice

Uh... They can post...

Well, the work of the mods is that - Delete topics if they're spam and/or delete posts.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

You should see some of the reports we get, how difficult is it to mix up 'add reply' to 'report post'

Are you serious? mercie_blink.gif

lol.gif

Yes confused.gif

In a nutshell, any new member restrictions are a bad idea. It really is the minority of those who register, run their mouth with whatever comes out of their head and gets locked. Even less of a minority who register to spam.

Frankly speaking, very few members join with the sole intention of spamming, most of them being PBM's. The rest are pre-teen kids who cannot differentiate between 'Add Reply', 'New Topic' and 'Report Post'.

And the only option to deal with this is to keep locking such topics and maybe hand out a few warnings. This won't produce immediate results, but the kids will learn the ethics of the forum eventually (when they grow up!).

Spider-Vice

But that's mods work. Lock, delete topics, ban members, ect ect.

If rules for that were applied, the mods would be... on holiday?

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

I’m sure mods know exactly what their responsibilities are, and you missing the point of this thread. Rules are in place, but unfortunately it doesn’t mean that everyone will obey those rules.

Allowing new members not to post for my big fat greek wedding would only increase spam. They have a whole my big fat greek wedding to plan out which topics they would like to post in and then they would go on mass my big fat greek weddings. Bad idea.

You go into my big fat greek wedding and find me a usfull reply that is from a member who has been here less then 6 month. Yeah you'll find something but the majory of the posts in there are nothing but stupid my big fat greek weddings and stupid noob posts.

I know Im not the only one who saw that?

anyway, a time limit should not be enforced because it wouldnt make new members feel welcome. Regular members have made an art out of flaming people so no more distractions should be allowed...but a time limit could work on PBM's

I know Im not the only one who saw that?

That is hilarious. I should do that more often.

Yes confused.gif

In a nutshell, any new member restrictions are a bad idea. It really is the minority of those who register, run their mouth with whatever comes out of their head and gets locked. Even less of a minority who register to spam.

I did that my first time here, and GTA3Freak-2001 PMed me and told me how to reply to a thread.

And ye, I noticed that too.