How you make your animated .gifs

Deuce Deuce

Deuce Deuce

This has been bugging me for a while now. I see a lot of animated avatars of a certain part of a trailer, film, or whatever. Thing is, I'm not sure that my method of using a vid in QuickTime format using key-frame by key-frame, print screening, pasting into ImageReady and resizing and cropping from there is the most effecient way. It usually turns out slightly "skippy" or slow. Can anyone share any decent methods that will outcome better results?

One that I made, as an example:

user posted image

I just download the video off YouTube using Real Player then use Movie Converter v3 to convert it to .mov and then open in imageready and edit it.

I just download the video off YouTube using Real Player then use Movie Converter v3 to convert it to .mov and then open in imageready and edit it.

This. But I have Ulead GIF Animator, it works like Imageready. tounge.gif

Deuce Deuce

I tried doing it your way, but when I check the 'selected range only' box where the "slider" is supposed to show there is nothing there. Opening the full vid just kills my computer. Suggestions?

I tried doing it your way, but when I check the 'selected range only' box where the "slider" is supposed to show there is nothing there. Opening the full vid just kills my computer. Suggestions?

Hold down the shift key then drag the selection of the video you want by holding the left click on your mouse. smile.gif

Deuce Deuce

Hold down the shift key then drag the selection of the video you want by holding the left click on your mouse. smile.gif

No, what I'm saying is the box to the right where it's meant to show the slider or whatever, is just black space. When I hold shift and predict where the slider is, I get an error:

"Could not complete this operation. A plug-in system error has occured. (error #1061250160)"

No, what I'm saying is the box to the right where it's meant to show the slider or whatever, is just black space. When I hold shift and predict where the slider is, I get an error:

"Could not complete this operation. A plug-in system error has occured. (error #1061250160)"

What format is the video your trying to open?

Deuce Deuce

QuickTime .mov. It's what I converted the YouTube .flv to using Movie Converter v3.

QuickTime .mov. It's what I converted the YouTube .flv to using Movie Converter v3.

Sorry man I don't know why it's happening.

Deuce Deuce

user posted image

I'll try Ulead GIF Animator, I hadn't thought of that before. turn.gif

EDIT: Seems to work with GIF Animator. A little hard to get used to, but it's all good. Thanks for all the help. smile.gif

user posted image

Voila.

I'll probably make a whole load later on, I probably won't stick with this one.

Edited by Deuce Deuce