Exactly one year since the first glimpse of IV

Royal55

GTAIV has come a long way ever since we had gotten our first look at it on March 29th, 2007. I'd like to see your thoughts on how the game has improved from when we've seen it last year on this day. Me? I think the game has went over my expectations of what I really wanted in a Grand Theft Auto game. I was a bit disappointed at first because the game was again set in Liberty City but once I got more of a glimpse of what the city looked like, I thought this was perfect.

Oookay..

Before, it sucked.

Now, it doesn't.

GTAIV has come a long way ever since we had gotten our first look at it on March 29th, 2007. I'd like to see your thoughts on how the game has improved from when we've seen it last year on this day. Me? I think the game has went over my expectations of what I really wanted in a Grand Theft Auto game. I was a bit disappointed at first because the game was again set in Liberty City but once I got more of a glimpse of what the city looked like, I thought this was perfect.

f*ck it doesnt feel like a year. I think its gotten worse. With all the paint brush effects going on.

EDIT - I take that back. Trailer 4 has won me over.

Edited by GTASIX

i thought the one i saw a year ago was good but now its just amazing how good it looks considering that its a massive sandbox game

The only thing I think changed, graphicly, is Niko himself. In the first trailer he looks like a crow.

I'm also excited about the multiplayer now, too.

well i always count on Rockstar's GTA

Its the best free roam and always has been

.o0O-Breath-Our-Smoke-O0o.

When you look back at the first trailer compared to later ones, it's obvious they barely had the game working back then. No wonder they mostly showed buildings and objects moving in straight lines. It seemed great because you could mentally fill in what you knew about past GTA games. What a difference a year makes!

Edited by Magic_Al

GTAIV-NewYork

If you would have told the GTA community this time last year, you still won't have the game, thay would either die a miserable death, or think you are an insane guy from the future.

If you would have told the GTA community this time last year, you still won't have the game, thay would either die a miserable death, or think you are an insane guy from the future.

haha so true

man the imrpovements theyve made graphically are incredible! 29 more days =D

well considering we didn't see any gameplay vids back then, and we still haven't seen any right now i don't know confused.gif

S1L3NT SH0T 419

At first, the game looked ok. Now it looks flippin awesome!