GTA4...for the Wii?

darkpower

With all of this battle over DLC and which version looks better, we ALL should be so lucky that we're getting the game at all.

For who has been neglected from the GTA4 love? Nintendo. Outside of some little GBA games, they never DID get a solid GTA game to play, either on the Gamecube (which, granted, the PS2 GTA games might've been too tough to do on those tiny disc the Cube used) or for the Wii now.

But here's my thought right now: With all this stuff about how big this game is going to be, does anyone else think that Rockstar should at least consider making a Wii version of GTA4? Just like people want a PC version of this game somewhere down the road, I'm very curious as to just what Rockstar could do with a Wii GTA4. Would put a new spin on which system got the better version, since we would now get another system to consider when talking about it, for one.

But the main thing would be the controls: They could either own or suck big time because of the Wiimote and the motion sensoring. Though I think R* could make that work. The nunchuck could be use for running and when in the car, the buttons on the nunchuck would be used as the gas/brake. While running, you could use the B button on the back of the 'mote to fire your weapon, which then you could use the motion sensor in order to aim in a certain direction, which the 'chuck then could turn into a "strife" type thing (similar to the control scheme for Metroid Prime 3). "A" could fire or be the "action" button of sorts.

But here's this question being put out there (and for me personally since, along with a PS3, I also own a Wii): You think they should at least try to make a GTA4 for the Wii (they made Manhunt 2 for the Wii), and if so, what could come of it?

Great Saiyaman

are you kidding?

user posted image

"Who wants to marry a internet Billionare? No Millionare, No now he's broke"

Grand Theft Auto Dude
With all of this battle over DLC and which version looks better, we ALL should be so lucky that we're getting the game at all.

For who has been neglected from the GTA4 love? Nintendo. Outside of some little GBA games, they never DID get a solid GTA game to play, either on the Gamecube (which, granted, the PS2 GTA games might've been too tough to do on those tiny disc the Cube used) or for the Wii now.

But here's my thought right now: With all this stuff about how big this game is going to be, does anyone else think that Rockstar should at least consider making a Wii version of GTA4? Just like people want a PC version of this game somewhere down the road, I'm very curious as to just what Rockstar could do with a Wii GTA4. Would put a new spin on which system got the better version, since we would now get another system to consider when talking about it, for one.

But the main thing would be the controls: They could either own or suck big time because of the Wiimote and the motion sensoring. Though I think R* could make that work. The nunchuck could be use for running and when in the car, the buttons on the nunchuck would be used as the gas/brake. While running, you could use the B button on the back of the 'mote to fire your weapon, which then you could use the motion sensor in order to aim in a certain direction, which the 'chuck then could turn into a "strife" type thing (similar to the control scheme for Metroid Prime 3). "A" could fire or be the "action" button of sorts.

But here's this question being put out there (and for me personally since, along with a PS3, I also own a Wii): You think they should at least try to make a GTA4 for the Wii (they made Manhunt 2 for the Wii), and if so, what could come of it?

GTA 4 on Wii will never work. NEVER.

Great Saiyaman
I was going to reply to this but now I've decided not to. tounge.gif

yeah you did a goodjob tounge.gif

user posted image

"Who wants to marry a internet Billionare? No Millionare, No now he's broke"

Grand Theft Auto Dude

Smart move.

angrycupidstunt

It won't happen, but I think they should make an San Andreas Stories for the Wii.

Grand Theft Auto Dude
It won't happen, but I think they should make an San Andreas Stories for the Wii.

Let me rephrase my previous post- GTA will never work on any Nintendo console.

I don't know, I was just looking to see if anyone thought this way. No big deal if no one thinks it'd work.

I'd still be curious, though.

If you read the newest IGN interview (11 pages) with Dan Houser, he emphasizes over and over how they were limited and kind of frustrated with the older technology. Dan hated hearing how people (press and fans) said Rockstar and GTA was "never about the graphics."

That always bugged him because he said his team pushed it to the limits of what a PS2 could do. People expected high resolution on PS2 or something, but you can't do that with a big world. It's technically impossible. There has to be a compromise.

Now with the new technology they can have way more pedetrian types and a ton of animations. They can add Euphoria and better facial expressions. So if you put GTA4 on Wii, you'd just be forcing Dan Houser and his team to take steps backwards again. In case you didn't know, the Wii is not really that powerful and is just a hop and a skip away from PS2 in terms of raw power. Not powerful enough.

Edited by Unisom

They could make a watered down version, but then again, what would be the point?

OT: GTA Dude, I love your signature. tounge.gif(needed to add that smiley)

Edited by stingray132

Grand Theft Auto Dude
They could make a watered down version, but then again, what would be the point?

OT: GTA Dude, I love your signature.

Thanks.

If you read the newest IGN interview (11 pages) with Dan Houser, he emphasizes over and over how they were limited and kind of frustrated with the older technology. Dan hated hearing how people (press and fans) said Rockstar and GTA was "never about the graphics."

That always bugged himbecause he said his team pushed it to the limits of what a PS2 could do.

Now they can have way more pedetrian types and a ton of animations. So if you put GTA4 on Wii, you'd just be forcing Dan Houser and his team to take steps backwards again. In case you didn't know, the Wii is not really that powerful and just a hop and a skip away from PS2 in raw power. Not powerful enough.

I don't know if I would agree with that step down thing, though. Nintendo did take a HUGE chance with the controller. and right now it IS paying off for them since they are ALWAYS #1 in NPD sales (how is beyond me seeing how the Wii is NEVER in stock anywhere).

I would think Houser would have to rethink alot if he wanted to try it. Personally, I think the Wii IS a dark horse in the next-gen war, but it doesn't have too much third party support because of the controller and the online issues.

Still, though, I don't know if it would be that much of a step down for him.

SovietWarrior42

I doubt Rockstar really wants to work with Nintendo, and vice versa. Yeah, they put Manhunt on the Wii, but they had to change a lot. Don't forget that the Wii has last gen graphics. It would be like putting Crysis on the PS2, just wouldn't work.

The Wii, at least hardware wise, is totally last-gen.

There is no possible way they could pull this off.

It couldn't run the current graphics, so they'd have to spend millions of dollars downgrading them.

Then, when they finally finished, it would be too late anyway.

Sorry buddy,

Nice idea....

But bad idea. sad.gif

[-Vice-Andreas-]

You need to get an xbox 360.

ps3 user all the way

' date='Mar 29 2008, 09:34']

You need to get an xbox 360.

I'm not falling into that war-bait trap. I already said I wanted one several times.

Soviet-Sicko

GTA IV Wouldn't Work On Wii, Contorls Would Be Hellish, And Everything Would Probly Look Sh*tty.

Solid<Snake

Gta 4 on WII ? suicidal.gif

LOL!

Yhea and lets put gears of war for gamecube too oo or resistance fom for the DS

moto_whistle.gif

Rick Roll Lives!!!

The Wii, at least hardware wise, is totally last-gen.

There is no possible way they could pull this off.

It couldn't run the current graphics, so they'd have to spend millions of dollars downgrading them.

Then, when they finally finished, it would be too late anyway.

Sorry buddy,

Nice idea....

But bad idea. sad.gif

yup the Wii is a joke of a console, i don't know why people seem to continue to buy it.

maybe its the low price or all the hype, but sooner or later they'll realize that it was a big mistake to purchase an expensive paperweight.

my brother fell for their marketing scheme, by "setting up a fake Wii shortage" to hype up the console. when he finally got one he only played it for a week or so and hasn't touched it since. now it just collects dust under the tv since December of 07'

you could say there are a few good games here or there for the Wii, but they get BORING really fast, especialy the one that was just released.

GTA IV and Wii just doesn't fit together. It's like putting Crysis on GBA.

Captsensible23

Can you imagine the Wii version with those crappy little wood block characters lol

Ahh god bless ya biggrin.gif

LiTtLe_BaStEd

i they were gonna put gta iv on wii they may as well put it on ps2 aswell suicidal.gif

Smart move.

Love your sig dude! Make me lol buncha times.

user posted image

noo, that wouldn't fit... just wrong tounge.gif

+ it would have to be somekind of remake of San Andreas or something. San Andreas Wiistories.

lol

mean_mr_mustard

gta 4, like many other games, would be s*it on the wii. simple.

personally i dont like the wii. yeah some of the games are fun and they are ok for parties, but, once i got over the 'WHOA, I CAN PLAY GOLF WITH THIS WHITE CONTROLLER AS A CHARACTER WHOSE ARMS AREN'T CONNECTED TO THEIR BODY!!!' there is nothing really about them that interests me. just like when i got my eyetoy for the ps2, they are ok for a bit then they just get boring.

Grand Theft Auto Dude
noo, that wouldn't fit... just wrong tounge.gif

+ it would have to be somekind of remake of San Andreas or something. San Andreas Wiistories.

lol

user posted image

Yes, I am dangerously bored. tounge.gif