Can you move a Gamestop pre-order?

TheBigBang

I did something stupid : \ I preordered GTA:IV in a location of Gamestop that is like 30 minutes from my house instead of the 10 minute away one. Is there anyway to move the pre-order to the closer Gamestop?

Thanks in advanced smile.gif

I don't know, but if someone hasn't answered by tomorrow, or this topic isn't locked, I'll call them and ask.

If it's the standard edition then your best bet may just be to cancel your order at the one store and re-order at the one closest to your house.

If it's the standard edition then your best bet may just be to cancel your order at the one store and re-order at the one closest to your house.

Just call them, if that doesn't work I'd preorder it from the closer store before you cancel your other order. You never know what could happen, sold out, month long power outage

Yes, You can move Pre-orders, When i moved to South Carolina from New york (now back in NY biggrin.gif ) when GTA SA was releasing i had to transfer all the information, they should have you in the system, like phone number, name and birth date. but idk if they changed that rule. give it a try.

user posted image
You're making me angry..You won't like me when I'm Angry!

Yes, just call the store to let them know you are pre-ordering at a different location, then see about your options. The other store may be required to "accept" your pre-order. Otherwise, cancel and pre-order seperately.

The way pre-orders work is that a store can get as many copies it wants until a call comes in to cut if off. From there, the store will receive the amount that it required (and sometimes a few extra) for the release day.

Since the release of GTA IV is a month away, I'd say you have more than enough time to switch stores smile.gif

i would just call them and tell them you want to move locations or go to the nearest gamestop store with your receipt and ask if you can move the pre-order there

1.Find the number of the store that it is pre-order at

2.go to the store where you want to pick it up at

3.have them call the store that it is pre-order an put the pre-order money on a gift card

4.then the store takes the number on the gift and give it to the new store

5.now you have your new pre-order

GTA-Kakachika

im also stupid bcaus i did the same thing...except wher i pre-ordered it is over an hour and a hlf away silly me tounge.gif