Niko´s origin explained...kind of!

hsacic

From the brand new IGN Article:

"IGN: I love Niko. He's really looks like no one I've seen in a game before, but is also a great fit in GTA IV. Was he modeled after anyone?

Garbut: Not really -- we liked track suits and strong brow lines. We played around with various Eastern European looks and ended up with him, based on lots of stills of characters in films, and photographs of guys fighting in wars in winter in the former Yugoslavia and Chechnya and so on. But the main thing was to get a character whose face could convey the emotions we wanted, and whose body type looked good when moving, with all of the new animation, without at any time seeming to be too heroic. "

He isn´t from a specific country, but modeled after the stated ones in the text. Now its settled, once and for all. icon14.gif

"IGN: I love Niko. He's really looks like no one I've seen in a game before, but is also a great fit in GTA IV. Was he modeled after anyone?

Garbut: Not really -- we liked track suits and strong brow lines. We played around with various Eastern European looks and ended up with him, based on lots of stills of characters in films, and photographs of guys fighting in wars in winter in the former Yugoslavia and Chechnya and so on. But the main thing was to get a character whose face could convey the emotions we wanted, and whose body type looked good when moving, with all of the new animation, without at any time seeming to be too heroic. "

He isn´t from a specific country, but modeled after the stated ones in the text. Now its settled, once and for all. icon14.gif

No, that's just their inspiration.

It does not give chechens and yugoslavians the right to yell

"YAY NICO IS FROM MAH COUNTRY! SCREW YOU AMERICANS!"

He isn´t from a specific country, but modeled after the stated ones in the text. Now its settled, once and for all.  icon14.gif

Did I say that I would ?

It's not settled, pal.

And Nico's a foreigner bringing ruckus to the USA. Can we allow that?! mad.gif

j/k. wherever he's from, not a problem for me.

He isn´t from a specific country, but modeled after the stated ones in the text. Now its settled, once and for all.  icon14.gif

Did I say that I would ?

You're from yugoslavia/chechnya?

I really don't care.

It's just there are idiots.

It just really annoyed me when everyone thought that Niko was russian and everyone who was russian, or lived near russia, or pretended to be russian, made a big deal out of it.

And people still do that.

It just really annoys me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, does it really matter where Niko is from?