Burning Laser

Andrej555555

Just out of curiosity, what do you need a "burning" laser for?

However as far as I know, the only way that'd be possible would be to up the batteries, but you'd probably need something much larger than in pen in order for that to happen confused.gif

SmellyJelly

You could just order a really good laser for $50 off the internet, because with some you can mod it just a bit to make the laser more powerful.

But why would you want to...?

user posted image

Andrej555555

However as far as I know, the only way that'd be possible would be to up the batteries, but you'd probably need something much larger than in pen in order for that to happen confused.gif

for burning stuff

Andrej555555
You could just order a really good laser for $50 off the internet, because with some you can mod it just a bit to make the laser more powerful.

where

for burning stuff

Like cats? mercie_blink.gif

user posted image

SmellyJelly

where

I don't know... search for it. And don't double post.

user posted image

Did anybody see in the papers today about a plane that can have a laser mounted to it and then it can melt tanks from 5 miles away?

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Please don't tell us, you're going to plant it on the Moon, and destroy the Earth?

On the serious note.

I'm not sure what your intentions are for using a "burning laser". But I guess, you can Google search it and see what you can find. Maybe perhaps you can try eBay?

New account: Gezim

Is there a way to convert a regular laser pointer into a burning laser?

Remove the laser off a DVD/Blu-Ray drive, they're powerful enough to burn little stuff.

Or get one of those cool lightning plasma balls,

Then put paper on it, get a compas

burn away!

Basic physics for ya there tounge.gif

Adam Jensen

Why cant you burn stuff with lighters like other insane kids

dark bizard

Yep, You coud also buy a dvd burner and turn it into one, pretty easy and cheap then sell it on ebay an make a mint.

edit:got my youtube thing working

Edited by dark bizard

Claude GTA3

Feed your brain!

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

thatsoccerguy

It doesn't matter, even if you build a strong enough laser, you'll never find the droids you're looking for.

dark bizard
It doesn't matter, even if you build a strong enough laser, you'll never find the droids you're looking for.

Wtf you talking about XD also with that lase rmodding you will risk losing batterys realy quick

If you don't need it mobile, you could always try rigging it up to an outlet, although I'm no electrician so that may be hard.

A bit off topic, but still about lasers. I just read about this plane the US military has that uses something like oxygen and some type of hydrogen compound (or something like that), and when mixed they create an intense reaction emitting most of the energy in the form of light. This light shines through a focusing prism, then into a another prism of some sort that allows it to be aimed and creates a beam of around 20 inches (i believe). It's so hot at the point of contact that it can burn right through a tank in about 3-5 seconds, from thousands of miles up. Crazy sh*t...

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Claude GTA3
If you don't need it mobile, you could always try rigging it up to an outlet, although I'm no electrician so that may be hard.

A bit off topic, but still about lasers. I just read about this plane the US military has that uses something like oxygen and some type of hydrogen compound (or something like that), and when mixed they create an intense reaction emitting most of the energy in the form of light. This light shines through a focusing prism, then into a another prism of some sort that allows it to be aimed and creates a beam of around 20 inches (i believe). It's so hot at the point of contact that it can burn right through a tank in about 3-5 seconds, from thousands of miles up. Crazy sh*t...

Now I know what you're getting for my birthday! biggrin.gif

I inlove.gif blowing stuff up.

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Goddamn, sounds awesome, you could probably write your name on the moon with that colgate.gifsmile.gif

WbZaxRP.png

MindCorrupt

It was on 'future weapons', they show the prototype.

They reckon theyre going to mount it on the nose a C130 and shoot down missiles with it.

Is there a way to convert a regular laser pointer into a burning laser?

Yes! There is! Sorta. Google is your friend.

I'm not responsible for severed limbs, CIA/FBI entanglement, and/or incarceration.

This video is great:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Flas...Hack!!/

Edited by derty

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

Great Saiyaman

just get a 125MW green laser it will pop balloons and light matches easily...

user posted image

"Who wants to marry a internet Billionare? No Millionare, No now he's broke"

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Go with the weaponized Mazer!

The manuals for building them are cheap and available from Paladin Press.

Guess what is cooler than that?

All you need to build one is a microwave!

Go down to your local pawn shop/second hand store and build up on supplies after ordering the manual.

Note:These things are quite fatal to the targets!

It was on 'future weapons', they show the prototype.

They reckon theyre going to mount it on the nose a C130 and shoot down missiles with it.

Shows they mean business eh?

I know this is a bump but I found a commercially available 200mW burning laser that will light matches and pop balloons!

user posted image

Enjoy!

$53.80+ shipping and tax.

Link