A Comparison.

Billy Shears

Billy Shears

Take a look at these similar shots of Broker Bridge.

Earlier build:

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3350_gtaiv_...oker_bridge.jpg

Later build:

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4264-gta-iv...iko-at-dusk.jpg

Look around the rim of the bridge. To think, I was amazed when I first saw the early build.

We also may have got something similar to the earlier build if the delay never happend.

Edited by Billy Shears

a_flyin_penguin

Niko has gotten younger, lost some scars, and gotten a haircut since we first met him. Great comparison. I was thinking of doing that one myself.

Lance_Vance_Dance2

I will give you two cookies. 1 for showing the big difference in the two pictures. and 1 for pointing out how the delay was a good thing even though it scared us all. cookie.gif

GATgoesPOP-pop-POP

The first one looked like a build of a call of duty 1 game

but the second one is alot better

special someone

Good comparison.

Gonna have a look myself to see if I can find other images that show how far the game has come along.

Ive noticed that the texturing on Nikos face has progressively gotten less graphical. but hey, that dont bother me in the slightest.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

Take a look at these similar shots of Broker Bridge.

Earlier build:

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3350_gtaiv_...oker_bridge.jpg

Later build:

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4264-gta-iv...iko-at-dusk.jpg

Look around the rim of the bridge. To think, I was amazed when I first saw the early build.

We also may have got something similar to the earlier build if the delay never happend.

Nice find icon14.gif but he looked way better in the earlier build IMO icon13.gif

A lot of people seem to this this proves that the ads in Star Junction will change over time as the game goes on, but I think it simply means that when they made the first trailer they hadn't decided on all of them yet and have been making changes to the ads ever since.

user posted image

user posted image

I thought about making a topic like this as well, but I post my stuff here instead.

I looked at screenshots from Vlads bar, not sure if this comparison has been made before... anyway here are the screenshots (oldest first):

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3763_gta_iv.jpg

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3907_gta_iv.jpg

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3940_gta4_screenshot.jpg

In the first one all the edges are razor sharp and there also seems to be some render issue with the vice city postcards. The door in the backround doesn't seem to have transparent windows and the shelf behind the old man isn't lit up.

In the 2 newer pics the lightning and the atmosphere are improved. The edges aren't so sharp anymore and the windows are now transparent. The painting hanging next to the bar disk has been replaced and the shelf behind the bartender now has some fine yellow lightning. Another beer pump is added as well as some more detailed bottles. As someone stated before, Rockstar have done a real good job polishing/finishing this game the last 12 months.

Great topic, really liking the comparison topics, this one and the GTA4 vs San An vs Vice city. It's amazing to see how far games have come in the last few years, also how far this one has come in the last few months.

Constantly amazed; I started out playing "Trucker" on the MZ 700 and have just finished Assassins Creed (I think, not sure 'cos I'm just stuck in a random room with nowt else to do) the progress in video gaming is unbelieveable and GTA 4 looks set to push things on again. Can't wait.

AbrahamFinkle

Ones in day light and one at sun set.. If you look at your grandma in day light your going to see more scars or face defects then look at her at sunset with the sun in the back your going to notice less and less scaring and defects in the face... As for the brooker bridge I don't really see anything differnt other then the angle which makes objects look differnt. and the sun thing try a basketball set one in your yard right now and then come back every couple of hours you'll notice the differnts in the texture and should notice change in size because of the light hiting the objects makes you think things are bigger when their not or smaller at night.

Niko does look better as the lastest model shows.

I will give you two cookies. 1 for showing the big difference in the two pictures. and 1 for pointing out how the delay was a good thing even though it scared us all. cookie.gif

Even with this cream my doctor gave me it wont go away cryani.gif

Lol, holy crap, is that the same bridge?! The new one's so much more detail biggrin.gif!

If you look at your grandma in day light your going to see more scars or face defects then look at her at sunset with the sun in the back your going to notice less and less scaring and defects in the face...

Are you saying my grandma is ugly and has a f*cking face defect?

Well?

Are You?

Seriously tho, I agree.

Niko looks amazing (not in a gay way, not that I'm homophobic, just not gay) in the new trailer, he does have a big nose but so does Gerard Depardeu.

Not sure what the point is but....the graphics are mint.

The difference is obvious. Just look at the bridge texturing, it is much more sharp. Good job! cookie.gif

They OBVIOUSLY downgraded the graphics during the delay. My guess is that they were a little too ambitious from the get go and realized they could not make the game run smoothly on the current hardware so they had to downgrade. All of the evidence is there, the graphics have become notably worse than the initial screenshots had shown. Just like at how sharp and detailed Niko's face was, and look how it is now, the downgrade is painfully OBVIOUS.

He may have lost some scars, but (as I said in a previous topic) he's got a more prominant scar over his left eyebrow now, which I think looks pretty cool. biggrin.gif

A lot of people seem to this this proves that the ads in Star Junction will change over time as the game goes on, but I think it simply means that when they made the first trailer they hadn't decided on all of them yet and have been making changes to the ads ever since.

user posted image

user posted image

That is so cool if the ads change over time in the game, that would rock actually...ts the little details that count aswell. smile.gif , ps good thread!

gtathebest4ever

user posted image

user posted image

That is so cool if the ads change over time in the game, that would rock actually...ts the little details that count aswell. smile.gif , ps good thread!

yeah, i like that the ads change too. maybe once a week or so... it would make me happy. biggrin.gif

Lance_Vance_Dance2
They OBVIOUSLY downgraded the graphics during the delay. My guess is that they were a little too ambitious from the get go and realized they could not make the game run smoothly on the current hardware so they had to downgrade. All of the evidence is there, the graphics have become notably worse than the initial screenshots had shown. Just like at how sharp and detailed Niko's face was, and look how it is now, the downgrade is painfully OBVIOUS.

I hope your joking becuase in reality its quite the opposite.