Vacation spots?

Runey

Now, I usually don't make these sort of topics, but I am going on a vacation in the near future, like 2-3 months.

I'm fresh out of ideas, so where would you guys recommend?

Thanks for the help. smile.gif

user posted image

I'm willing to travel to anywhere in North America and Europe, and can afford that as well.

I'm leaning towards somewhere in Europe.

user posted image

Struff Bunstridge

Now the weather's getting warmer, I'd go for Prague. It's cheap, beautiful, and full of sexy women.

Just don't come to England. We only get a week-and-a-half of summer per year at the moment.

Ohhh, Struff beat me to post Prague. But I concur, go there. Beautiful views, the city is located on many hills.

I also suggest visiting Vienna. Enormous palaces, beautiful St. Stephen's cathedral. Oh, and there's always Prater.

I'd recommend Malta, quality place to visit.

When I went, we visited "popeye village" where the Popeye film was filmed-

user posted image

We also visited Blue grotto, which is basically a sea journey to some open caves, and inside the water is the most amazing colour, and bright purple jellyfish swam in massive numbers. Was pretty special inlove.gif

user posted image

Oh, and swimming in it was the greatest feeling in the World.

Also visited the blue lagoon, which is basically a long section of the sea which is completely clear blue, was breathtaking-

user posted image

Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria, greatest place on the planet IMO.

Malta is for old people, go to Blackpool! tounge.gif

Nah, a good place is probably a Greek island. I heard Kefalonia is good but quiet.

Depends what type of holiday you're wanting to go on. A youth kinda holiday with clubs and partying (Ibiza, Kavos, Zante) or a quiet, more family style one. Or maybe like a cultural sort of one, staying in cheap hotels in a few cities. Vienna and Prague sound good to me, as does Barcelona, try Rome and Paris, stay away from London.

user posted image

We also visited Blue grotto, which is basically a sea journey to some open caves, and inside the water is the most amazing colour, and bright purple jellyfish swam in massive numbers. Was pretty special inlove.gif

user posted image

Wow, I wish I could go there.

*pic*

Wow, I wish I could go there.

It was my dad's lifelong dream achieved. Was pretty special indeed.

I'd also recommend Gran Canaria, 40 degree+ heat, EVERYDAY. Beautiful climate and place, decent Europa centre (manly English speaking place- mini golf courses, bars and restaurants, Only fools 'n' horses bar etc) and shopping centre, decent restaurants, decent people, and If you accomodate at where I usually go, the best hotel with the greatest beach on the island will be at your feet, as well as over 10 swimming pools to choose from, not to mention the quality night time entertainment. And what's more, the owner of the hotel has a pet wolf you can see, stroke, and even take for a stroll around the accomodation. There's also a decent water park and market place located in Gran Canaria,it's so awesome I go every year.

Plus, if you happen to go at the beginning of June, you may get a chance to see flicko, who wants to miss out on that!

Up for a European clubbing holiday? Must admit i don't see many yanks on them.

Malia's nice, club 18-30....cultural experience...well, if culture means average british drunken chav.

I've been on quite a few vacations over the last few years, and all were pretty great. My favorite would have to have been St. Martin in the Caribbean. It has beautiful weather, and the island itself is just gorgeous. The island itself is actually divided and occupied by two different countries, France and Netherlands. It's pretty cool to explore both sides of the island because the cultures are very different. Not to mention the dining is awesome on the island, so that will be sure to please.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the airport. I personally hate flying, and their airport is kind of a scary sight. Haha you might have seen this photo of how close the airport is to a beach. If you don't mind airplanes than it probably shouldn't be a problem...

Anyways, good luck with your decision!

flicko, do you work for the Gran Canaria tourist board?  lol.gif

Hey, now there's a thought.

Judging by the amount of times I've been(11), I might as well!

It's got to be Amsterdam. It's a great city and is definitly worth a visit no matter who you are. The simple fact that it's a ridiculously unique place is enough of a draw, even if you don't blaze / like prostitutes.

user posted image

Thanks for the replies everyone. smile.gif

They all look good to me...I've always wanted to visit Amsterdam, and the other locations look very nice.

user posted image

I would say, come to Brazil, but you would find the biggest places kinda ugly and not that safe.

You could go to Salvador, in Bahia. It's a pretty nice location. cool.gif

Amsterdam would rock too, though

Malia

This is the place. Thousands of drunk and underage european girls. icon14.gif I live close to a ourist town, and even though it isn't even near Malia in size, there are enough girls to satisfy your wildest dreams.

Yes, the only reason you should come here. wink.gif

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Consider visiting Germany, England, or Paris. They're all wonderful places to go to.

Have fun and enjoy your trip! smile.gif

New account: Gezim

Stay away from England, seriously. It might be good in some places, but Newcastle sure as Hell isn't one of them. I suppose London would be good if you enjoy riding a big wheel and overcrowded, sweaty trains.

What type of holiday are you after? Drunken weekend (or few weeks)? Activity holiday? Family holiday?

user posted image