car customisation

playerhater

playerhater

ok so we've been told over and over that its out, and god knows its been discussed to death right here in the forums, but small cracks are slowly appearing that have me convinced that car customisation is in in one way or another, and that R* simply want to suprise us with the feature.

firstly take a look at the manny character video on the official site, the floating SUV at the very start of the clip which has been seen in other screens has gold rims,

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=esc...&content=video0

here is the same SUV without the gold rims in the burger shot screen

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4131_gta4_screenshot.jpg

secondly after watching trailer 4 its pretty obvious that the car we all thought to be a zonda is actually about 80% lambo and 20% zonda, most likely the new infernus, but its worth noting that in the leaked screen below in which we first saw the back of the car there is a spoiler on the car,

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4185-gtaiv-...-screenshot.jpg

now check out the scene in trailer 4 when the car is reversing, theres no spoiler,

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=vid...ontent=trailer4

i believe that we can customise our cars in IV, not in a big way, most likely comparable to the "transfender" garages in SA, basic mods like rims, colour, nitro, spoiler, sideskirts.

has anyone else had the same suspicions or noticed anything else like the ones above.

you never know! Rockstar seems like the only gaming company that would do such a thing lol. Get people all down and mad but then when they find out its there they scream for joy. Anyways the only customization i liked was rims/paint. Body kits some of them were cool

in the dilante video it says it is FULLY CUSTOMISEABLE

smile.gif

i hope we are being fooled

Car variation has always been in. There are examples from then even back in GTA III. (i.e. Convertibles with top up or down, Perenials with or without roofrack etc.)

I loved car customizing and somedays it was pretty much all I'd do. Currently doing the same with Saints Row. Car customisation is one of the few things they got right in SR smile.gif

ya that suv had gold rims but in the other pic of it, it has the same exact rims just diff color...

playerhater
ya that suv had gold rims but in the other pic of it, it has the same exact rims just diff color...

and if peds can do it why cant niko.

would you not think that if we can change the colour of our rims we can do other things to our cars, custom paint jobs, change rims, spoilers, fog lamps, etc. . .

GTA-Lover/Junkie

I reckon theres just going to be loads of variation of the same vehicle about in the street like in real life. i hated having to find a garage to do up my car, only to roll the fecker and have to go get another one and repeat. So i reckon in this one, theres just going to be different variations of the same vehicles, like colour(of course), rims, spoilers etc. If you look at the taxis in the screen shots, there also slightly differnet to each other, different taxi signs on the top etc. Well i hope so anyway as it would add to the realism!!!

playerhater
I reckon theres just going to be loads of variation of the same vehicle about in the street like in real life. i hated having to find a garage to do up my car, only to roll the fecker and have to go get another one and repeat. So i reckon in this one, theres just going to be different variations of the same vehicles, like colour(of course), rims, spoilers etc. If you look at the taxis in the screen shots, there also slightly differnet to each other, different taxi signs on the top etc. Well i hope so anyway as it would add to the realism!!!

you might be right, but im still hoping that R* is havin us on

Mr. President

i'm sure its been mentioned on another thread that pay 'n' spray's are in the game but are not used for dropping stars and wanted level. that makes me wonder why they are there at all. i'm not bothered about customizing cars too much, but i would like to be able to hand pick the colour of my cars at least.

Screenshot from trailer 4

This image from the fourth trailer shows what looks like a lowrider getting blown up.

I know lowriders are nothing new, and it may just be a spawned variation of the car.

I doubt R* is pulling our leg here, but I do like car customization.

SantiagoDomingo

There have been pay -n- spray sighting by some hands-on previewers. They aren't for losing wanted level, but probably at least for repairing a car. You know, after you have a tire blown out and your hood ripped off. You might be able to pick a new paint job, I would hope so. If GTA takes anything from Saints Row I hope they take the garage aspect, all the cars you customize can always be accessed after they are blown up at the garage.

playerhater

i'm sure its been mentioned on another thread that pay 'n' spray's are in the game but are not used for dropping stars and wanted level. that makes me wonder why they are there at all. i'm not bothered about customizing cars too much, but i would like to be able to hand pick the colour of my cars at least.

yea i'd be of the opinion that pay n spray is there to repair your car when tyres are shreaded and your bodywork is all torn up, but who knows maybe the pay n sprays allow for very basic mods, colours, exhausts, spoilers, rims etc . . .

would be very cool i think.

Id say theres a chance of custimization and I hope they are just fooling us. But then again there could be just different versions of each car. all we can do is wait and see.

buletprufjoe

I hope they are just pulling one on us. I don't know anybody that didn't use it.

playerhater
I hope they are just pulling one on us. I don't know anybody that didn't use it.

me neither, i used to love taking the old rusty beat up "clover", paint it black, new rims, exhaust, hydraulics, spoiler and nitro, it'd come out looking sweet, then id flip it the first time i use the nitro lol

freshlaundryX

I doubt they were lying.

It's probably the same as the peds - they load in the ped, choose hat, shirt, what they are carrying, etc. Each time they load in a car they could do the same thing with some alterations, like different rims, but not let the player do it directly.

As has been said, 1. car modding isn't done nearly as much anymore, i.e. in New York. 2. It doesn't fit Niko's personality to get a crazy-ass pimped out ride 3. You never keep a car for long anyway 4. It doesn't fit with the story 5. Money is going to be tight

playerhater
Pfft... Clover... sigh.gif

A pimped out Perenial is the way to roll! cool.gif

haha soccermom heaven.

buletprufjoe
I doubt they were lying.

It's probably the same as the peds - they load in the ped, choose hat, shirt, what they are carrying, etc. Each time they load in a car they could do the same thing with some alterations, like different rims, but not let the player do it directly.

As has been said, 1. car modding isn't done nearly as much anymore, i.e. in New York. 2. It doesn't fit Niko's personality to get a crazy-ass pimped out ride 3. You never keep a car for long anyway 4. It doesn't fit with the story 5. Money is going to be tight

That's true but it seems like "fitting his personality" is becoming more of a priority than making the game. I think they should have made the pay n' spray able to change exterior modifications and that's it. No nitro no hydraulics (although i used them all) just make minor modifications to cars. It is true that in NY not many cars are pimped out, but I'm sure if you travel around harlem long enough you can find some rims.

As I have said before elsewhere, vehicles may be generated in a similar fshion to peds. I.E. certain peds in certain areas have a certain number of clothing and accessory options (as in you wouldn't see a tramp in a suit but then you might see 3 or four tramps down an alley dressed differently to one another though I am speculating here) these are randomly combined to make a wide variety of peds, or this is my understanding.

A similar system may be employed for cars so custom or unique cars are in but generated randomly as opposed to the player choosing how the car looks.

Again, this may be total bollocks I'm not very computer/tech minded so I may just be chatting sh*t.

Edit: My bad, failed to see the previous post by fresh laundry X unless it was he who saw my posts in previous topics on the same issue ph34r.gif

Edited by mightyox

I think It may be true, because on the video on the rockstar website For the dilannte commercial. "I don't know how to spell dillante" Ne ways... It Says Its Fully Customizable...

user posted image

steelsmokin07

me neither, i used to love taking the old rusty beat up "clover", paint it black, new rims, exhaust, hydraulics, spoiler and nitro, it'd come out looking sweet, then id flip it the first time i use the nitro lol

The Tampa was also the way to go on this. I believe it was able to have vents and stuff on the hood too, always looked sharp tricked out.

Also maybe customizing cars that you just steal off the street is out, but maybe there is some kind of auto complex where you buy cars and you can "customize" them before you buy them, such as when you go buy a brand new car and they add options like sunroofs and spoilers before you take ownership of the car.

That sucks that they hav downgraded to not having customizable cars they said things like that they wouldnt take out, but what ive always wanted to do was armor cars you never could do that at will.

AbrahamFinkle

maybe the skulls on the cars and whatever else is part of a gang or truff.. I enjoyed making low riders and I too always wanted to ad things to the custom cars like streo and car alarms I think would be nice

UndergroundKing

My guess is that car customization will be in and R* just wants to surprise us. Not very detailed customization just the basics like rims and paint which is fine IMO. Theres plenty of evidence if you take the time to notice. monocle.gif The Delante is fully customizable, one of the hands-on previews stated something about seeing rims with spinners, they also said they saw alot that they wish they could say but didnt want to spoil the surprises, like "playerhater" said, there are 2 different color rims on the same SUV in 2 different screenshots, Pay n Spray is in (could only be for repairs but then again...), also car mods was a BIG thing for the modded PC versions so R* knows we really like custom cars so I'm betting that its in and it'll be a surprise. At least I really hope so and would be an excellent move by R* if you ask me.

I'm sure ppl can come up with plenty of other reasons why these things are in the game so theyre not comfirmations. These are just things I believe support my guess. It has been said that car customization is out but if its in then this is one lie I wont be pissed off at.

CaptainDude

secondly after watching trailer 4 its pretty obvious that the car we all thought to be a zonda is actually about 80% lambo and 20% zonda, most likely the new infernus, but its worth noting that in the leaked screen below in which we first saw the back of the car there is a spoiler on the car,

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4185-gtaiv-...-screenshot.jpg

i dont know, but for me, that car looked very reminicent to this , only in black and with the chasis of the lambo

user posted image

Oil Change, filter change, mufflers, shocks, all in that shop over the road. tounge.gif

I kinda think that R* disabled any car editing features before they sent their copy off to the magazines. It would make sense.

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.